PDA

View Full Version : Liven Up

mr do dar
06-Aug-07, 12:39
DOES ANY ONE THINK THAT WICK SHOULD BE MADE MORE OF A FUN PLACE TO GO WITH MORE TO DO IN THE TOWN THAN JUST THE STREET ANY COMMENTS OR IDEAS :confused:Razz

johno
06-Aug-07, 12:48
your right ,wick could do with something to liven it up, years ago the street was busy with folk going to & fro but then you did,nt have all the cars & the edge of town shopping faculty,s. And now most of the small middle of town shoppies are gone. So i guess you can say that the heart of the town has died. SAD.:~(

Victoria
06-Aug-07, 14:07
depends who you want to attract!

mr do dar
07-Aug-07, 21:24
ok i suggest the people of caithness like seeing wick looking run down and not looked after . i thought we might of thought of something . even if the empty shop had things in the windows to brighten them up

Torvaig
07-Aug-07, 22:04
ok i suggest the people of caithness like seeing wick looking run down and not looked after . i thought we might of thought of something . even if the empty shop had things in the windows to brighten them up

This has been done before on the message boards; e.g. childrens' paintings/pictures in or on boarded up buildings etc., etc.

Even some well planned graffiti can be interesting and colourful.

Some of these large windows would make wonderful greenhouses. Home-grown tomatoes anyone?

No-one likes seeing the rundown look of any town but surely it is up to the owners of these buildings to do something about them or open them up for use by other groups. There is only so much charities etc., can do and the citizens of both towns do rather well at raising money for their favourite charities. Our pockets do have limits and it is soul destroying seeing any attempt at brightening our surroundings being vandalised by hooligans as happens most of the time.:confused

floyed
08-Aug-07, 13:45
I think wick could do with brightening some music on the street would be good to when your browsing the shops:)

mr do dar
08-Aug-07, 13:54
i thought about things like gum and fag butts bins like they have in inverness . live music in the square on the weekend . then try getting the shop owners to paint the front of the shops .

Torvaig
08-Aug-07, 13:58
Have you approached anyone about these ideas; they are good. It is not always up to "them" to get things done; we are them. I'm sure you would find plenty support to do all these suggestions so go ahead and do it. All it takes is the first step.... good luck.

horseman
08-Aug-07, 22:20
Torvaig good post-hope someone can push it forward-but why should the 'shops'not be able to figure out those fundamentals for themselves-clean-bright-welcoming-litter n grafitie free,strange:(

Torvaig
08-Aug-07, 22:41
Horseman, I know. If it was their own homes that were looking tatty I would like to think they would do something about so why not their business premises?

JAWS
09-Aug-07, 06:01
your right ,wick could do with something to liven it up, years ago the street was busy with folk going to & fro but then you did,nt have all the cars & the edge of town shopping faculty,s. And now most of the small middle of town shoppies are gone. So i guess you can say that the heart of the town has died. SAD.:~(When was that? Wick was already looking run down and tatty long before "edge of town" shopping came here.

johno
09-Aug-07, 15:50
When was that? Wick was already looking run down and tatty long before "edge of town" shopping came here.
yea your right but its gotten worse since then.:~(