PDA

View Full Version : Wick High School Uniform

ashaw1
05-Aug-07, 22:34
I went to get my boys the new Wick High uniform the other day and i must say i wasn't that impressed. I don't know if it was just the stock the local shop in Wick had left but to say it looked cheap and nasty was an understatement. I ended up just buying them plain black and white instead. The blazer looks smart but i didn't really think they would get much wear out of it. I just wondered what other parents thought of the uniform and maybe i should have gone down to Inverness for a better quality product.

rangers1873
05-Aug-07, 22:44
bought my 2 boys hoodies from mcallans as they were adament that they were not wearing blazers. made by fruit of the loom so quite good quality and a good price, were not putting the school badge on it as boys dont want it.

Alice in Blunderland
05-Aug-07, 22:50
Bought the kids uniform from Asda when we were on holiday in England. The blazer cost me ten pound and was just fine for the job intended I got the badge and ties from the shop in Inverness as the local shop still didnt have any when I went looking last week.

Trousers cost me seven pounds for my son and the blouses for the girls were four pound and very smart once on. Three quarter length trousers for the girls came in at five pound a pair kitted all three for high school excluding shoes for less than one hundred pounds which I thought was good going. :)

Did not shop locally purely on cost grounds and non availability of ties no other reason.

dirdyweeker
05-Aug-07, 23:05
ties should be available from school this week coming. £4.00 each

rfr10
05-Aug-07, 23:55
I didn't think the stuff looked bad quality however I wouldn't buy either the blazer or hoodie. Blazer because it's too formal for my liking and hoodie because well.. you're likely to get called a "hoodie" Si I went for the zippy up top and polo shirt and that will do me fine.

rainbow
06-Aug-07, 11:49
My daughter does not want a blazer - which I am delighted about. She got some nice fleeces and 'zippies' out of the National Schoolwear shop in Inverness (I believe you can phone them and they will send up the items ordered). However I understand that outer garments - blazers, hoodies, fleeces etc have to have the school badge attached - is this correct?

rhino
06-Aug-07, 16:51
My boy is looking forward to wearing the blazer. The schoolwear shop in Inverness sells them plain then you iron on the badge- far cheaper than Wick prices! :)

dirdyweeker
06-Aug-07, 18:13
My daughter does not want a blazer - which I am delighted about. She got some nice fleeces and 'zippies' out of the National Schoolwear shop in Inverness (I believe you can phone them and they will send up the items ordered). However I understand that outer garments - blazers, hoodies, fleeces etc have to have the school badge attached - is this correct?

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/549/highschoolru4.jpg

Above taken from previous post.

Venture
06-Aug-07, 23:57
rangers1873 - If the garments have a logo for fruit of the loom on them they wont be allowed and all outer harments must have a school badge on them.

TIES WILL NOT be sold at the school but are available from Gunns who are the official suppliers of the school uniform. If you want one I would suggest you move quickly as they are running out. The National Schoolwear shop in Inverness is the other official supplier.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Aug-07, 06:35
rangers1873 - If the garments have a logo for fruit of the loom on them they wont be allowed and all outer harments must have a school badge on them.

TIES WILL NOT be sold at the school but are available from Gunns who are the official suppliers of the school uniform. If you want one I would suggest you move quickly as they are running out. The National Schoolwear shop in Inverness is the other official supplier.

I do hope the school will be cutting a little slack on this one. I have provided my children with black and white. The school badge is going on the blazer for my son but that is it. The girls have not opted to have the school badge sewn onto their outer garments so that they can be used for more than just school. I think their choice is smart and apart from the badge on outer garments is in line with policy.

Gunns may be the official local suppliers of the uniform up here but have to say I was a bit disappointed when each time I went in for a tie to be told they were waiting on the order coming in I did however get one in Inverness.