05-Aug-07, 22:09
Well are you? :)

Karia

coppertop 1958
05-Aug-07, 22:14
yes i am are you

itsteven
05-Aug-07, 22:20
hi i am soo happy i am getting married soon tothe man i always new i would marry and have three brill kids that i love so much and love being with them could do with more money but thats not everything :D

Alice in Blunderland
05-Aug-07, 22:20
I am so happy reasons as follows:

House eventually started being built last month

Husband got his job in Wick starts in the hospital in four weeks

Going to be Forty next month and thats when they say life begins

Kids are all healthy and doing well in school

Finally
We are haing a small wedding blessing on the 8th September with all our family and friends to make up for running away and getting married on the QT
so am I happy :D :D Very.

WeeBurd
05-Aug-07, 22:23
Positively ecstatic , Karia! [lol] The only thing that could possibly make me happier right now, is discovering I actually do have a tub of “Dulce de leche” Haagen Dazs hiding in the dark depths of my freezer. As it is, the lack of ice-cream has been overcome by the joyous realisation that I bought some Battenburg the other day, so I get to enjoy that with a cuppa instead. Yippee!!

karia
05-Aug-07, 22:25
Actually, yes I am!

I have a terminally ill mother and ageing dad, so I am expected not to be,....but, I have a wonderful husband, great friends and a fairly optimistic outlook on life..'Folks' think I am callous for being able to see the positives .

I worry about 'folks';)

Karia

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
05-Aug-07, 22:34
im as happy as I can be having had about 4 coffees in the last hour trying to keep myself awake to finish off some essays for tomorrow..... yadda yadda.....when I need to sleep I wont be able to now.... who said postgraduate studies would be the way forward....they tricked me!!

jsherris
05-Aug-07, 22:47
I'm happy!
I think I must be a lot like you karia - I always see the bright chink thru the gloom too......
Andy is prone to the 'Eeyore' way of looking at things, but there's always something positive on the horizon!

And besides, the 3 yr old granddaughter has just gone straight to bed, with no nonsense, after being treated to a night out on one of the piers with my mate & her granddaughter too, so I've had a few hours respite! Bliss! :)

karia
05-Aug-07, 23:07
I am so happy reasons as follows:

House eventually started being built last month

Husband got his job in Wick starts in the hospital in four weeks

Kids are all healthy and doing well in school

Finally
We are haing a small wedding blessing on the 8th September with all our family and friends to make up for running away and getting married on the QT
so am I happy Very.

Honey,... We ran away too,....and got so much flak for it!...you can't really run away with a minister's son...!;)

Wish you all the best and I'm sure that the whole org will be awaiting the pics from your blessing on 8th September.

you 'go girl!' and make us all proud !!

If 8 years on you are as happy as me, then my work here is done!:D

karia

fred
05-Aug-07, 23:27

Apart from John Lennon that is.

karia
05-Aug-07, 23:40
Are you happy Fred?

Karia

ywindythesecond
05-Aug-07, 23:51
Well are you? :)

Karia

I was happy till I found out about the windfarms.
ywyts

karia
05-Aug-07, 23:56
I was happy till I found out about the windfarms.
ywyts

It's a wise man who knows his enemy ywyts!;)

Karia

karia
06-Aug-07, 00:03
Midnight, and my glass slippers are starting to pinch!

See you all in the bright and scary light of day.:eek:

karia

anneoctober
06-Aug-07, 00:03
I will be next February, when our youngest son gets married, the last of the four to tie the knot. Youngest daughter got married in May this year and that was a happy day also. Add to this the fact that hubby & I are still sane.....!!;)

Lolabelle
06-Aug-07, 07:11
I am happy, happy, happy
Happy in the Lord
Praise God I'm born again, trusting in His word.
I want you to know, how happy I am,
Cause I am happy, happy, happy in the Lord.

This is my favourite song from Church, and it sums up how happy I am.
OH, and I have a fantastic life and husband and family and everything. Absolutely nothing to complain about. :D
And I don't mind that at all.[lol]

kpage_1983
06-Aug-07, 07:32
Yes i am happy Kaira :D - but will be alot happier when i finally get to Scotland!!

johno
06-Aug-07, 13:04
Positively ecstatic , Karia! [lol] The only thing that could possibly make me happier right now, is discovering I actually do have a tub of “Dulce de leche” Haagen Dazs hiding in the dark depths of my freezer. As it is, the lack of ice-cream has been overcome by the joyous realisation that I bought some Battenburg the other day, so I get to enjoy that with a cuppa instead. Yippee!!
BATTENBURG, IM ADDICTED TO IT USED TO GET IT FROM THE BAKER SHOPPY TWO DOORS DOWN THE STREET FOR MY PIECE AT SCHOOL. CAUSE THE BAKER KNEW US HE USED TO GIVE ME A BIG SLICE OF IT FOR A TANNER.
TWO & HALF PENCE TO YOU YOUNG UNS. STILL ADDICTED TO IT, :D

johno
06-Aug-07, 13:25
PS, And yes i am extremely happy. [lol] :p

Bobinovich
06-Aug-07, 14:06
Yes I am happy - great life, great family, great job and finances close to being under control! Only down side at present is I have a really sore left foot but I'm due to visit the doctor shortly about that!

Victoria
06-Aug-07, 14:09
Bit down at the moment as my grandmother has just gone into hospital with a virus that has hit her hard - hate to be pessamistic but i doesn't look like she will return.

Apart from that I am generally a happy person and I try to look for something good and happy in evey situation.

squidge
06-Aug-07, 14:36
Getting married
Having a baby in October
Three wonderful kids who drive me MAD and fill the house with their unusual and interesting mates
Fantastic friends
Roof over my head
Full freezer
Mum and Dad arriving for a visit in a couple of days

Im so happy i could burst

karia
06-Aug-07, 14:40
Im so happy i could burst

Hi Squidge,

Please don't,...not until October!:eek:

Karia

percy toboggan
06-Aug-07, 16:11
Seems this forum is becoming like one of those groups where sad folk sit around on a circle of cheap chairs and ask each other meaningful questions and then discount the answers, or at least gloss over or ignore 'em.
So, basically I was happy until I saw yet another of these personal questions asking peole to wear their heart on their sleeve and spill the contents of their worry/glad box for all to ponder.

To each their own. I'm never truly happy unless I speak my mind, and I just have.

squidge
06-Aug-07, 16:14
percy you are an old curmudgeon

its just a bit of fun i think and a light hearted way of bringing a smile to people's faces. But then i think you know that;)

I think speaking your mind makes you happy and you have just done so therefeore you must be....................

HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:Razz

justine
06-Aug-07, 16:15
yes i am happy. I have 8 great kids,a baby on the way, a wonderful husband and a full life.. I would never change anything about my life unless of course i win and amazing 55 million on the lottery then i will be happier than i am now.....

Ash
06-Aug-07, 16:27
im normally very happy,but just had my first injection for my frozen shoulder and i must admit it hurt :~( not keen on needles

karia
06-Aug-07, 16:52
Hi percy,

This is a 'community' Forum, from the word 'commune', meaning 'to Share'.;):).

We feel your Angst!

Karia

orkneylass
06-Aug-07, 16:55
I am the happiest I've ever been in my life as I go through my 5th decade but it is hard being married to someone who is not happy unless he has something to moan or complain about.....sigh!

Victoria
06-Aug-07, 16:56
everyone hug Percy........................................awww

karia
06-Aug-07, 17:22
everyone hug Percy........................................awww

Are you feeling the lurve yet percy!!;)

Karia

botheed
06-Aug-07, 17:44
to be happy is a state of mind which is dependent on circumstances.it only lasts a short time
to be content with your lot no matter what the circumstances is the great goal, and lasts eternal:cool:

karia
06-Aug-07, 17:59
to be happy is a state of mind which is dependent on circumstances.it only lasts a short time
to be content with your lot no matter what the circumstances is the great goal, and lasts eternal:cool:

Evening botheed,

That is really insightful and very true of the human condition!:)

Karia

justine
06-Aug-07, 18:06

well the secret to my happiness is Eternal Chaos. My husband and i got engaged and our rings were alchemy rings, mine being the eternal and my hubby has the chaos...So if your deep thoughts are right then i am deffinately truely happy....

horseman
06-Aug-07, 20:23

botheed,I had penned out a very long an involved post earlier, an upon rereading it I trashed it!
Your little post encompasses it much more snugly:)

karia
06-Aug-07, 20:26
Hi horseman,

It is both infuriating and wonderful when folks do that.

I like it coz I'm lazy!

karia

SNOWDOG
06-Aug-07, 22:01
Im happier than usual cos, 1) Im on a long weekend. 2) Ive just sconed a bottle of muscatel. :Razz

karia
06-Aug-07, 22:25
Im happier than usual cos, 1) Im on a long weekend. 2) Ive just sconed a bottle of muscatel. :Razz

My OH, currently pretending to be a fireside rug after two long dayshifts
would be more than happy to discuss muscatel with you at length....when he wakes up!

I just like the phrase 'sconed':)

In vino veritas,...as they say!

karia

Dadie
06-Aug-07, 22:45
yes im happy
tearing my hair out wondering why what i need right NOW is in the other house
Lauren doing an andrex puppy act with the loo roll
unpacking and packing boxes
painting like mad (the right stuff now)
seeing my hubby for dinner only
yup im estatic to be moving house
why.. oh ..why ...did i pack the wine so soon...
it will be ok once we are in but this bit is stressful but if you cant laugh you will cry...

sweetpea
07-Aug-07, 14:47
Well Karia, you did ask...

Truthfully right at this moment in time I'm miserable! 99% of the time I'm very happy go lucky but in the last 4 months I've had to deal with death, moving, relationship breakdown, stress at work, moving and having to leave my pets and so many other things. I wish something would give.

I know it won't last forever but a wee bit of light at the end of the tunnell would be good....rant over!

sweetpea
07-Aug-07, 14:49
oh forgot to add, no computer either so can hardly get on here much, that makes me sad too!:(

Alice in Blunderland
07-Aug-07, 16:20
Today Im happy ,happy, happy,eldest daughter scored very well in her standard grades so Im one happy mummy. :D

Hope all the others waiting on results did well too.

Of course I told her that when it was O grades they were much harder to pass and we got A B C then fail not this 1 2 3 4 and so on garbage that I cant understand ;)

Sporran
09-Aug-07, 06:47
I'm happy most of the time, unless I'm under a lot of stress. I'm more of an optimist than a pessimist, and that helps! :D

miss swanson
09-Aug-07, 09:35
hey na no too happy got into a pickle at the weekend wish i culd turn back the clock :(

Errogie
09-Aug-07, 19:30
Sometimes the biggest obstacle to happiness is to expect too much happiness but like many experiences it usually tastes sweeter if it arrives unexpectedly and lifts you above your normal condition.