PDA

View Full Version : trojan ldpinch

bekisman
05-Aug-07, 19:43
Hi
This morning my AVG background scan came up to say I had Trojan Horse PSW.ldpinch MSZ. It was in the virus Vault. I scanned with Spot Bot, then Windows Defender then AVG again. It came up again this afternoon, so I clicked 'healed' and it said it was healed. I've just done a an hour and a half scan with a-squared free, this found a few traces of spyferret..
NOW I'm an old bloke and most of this stuff goes over my head, but has this virus been 'vaulted' or is there another (stage by stage) way of getting rid of it - any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

AND any idea where this could have come from - I 'thought' I was very careful!

Mr_Me19
05-Aug-07, 22:29
It should be in the virus vault. If it does get picked up again on a scan then let us know.

maidencaithness
06-Aug-07, 00:49
Hi
This morning my AVG background scan came up to say I had Trojan Horse PSW.ldpinch MSZ. It was in the virus Vault. I scanned with Spot Bot, then Windows Defender then AVG again. It came up again this afternoon, so I clicked 'healed' and it said it was healed. I've just done a an hour and a half scan with a-squared free, this found a few traces of spyferret..
NOW I'm an old bloke and most of this stuff goes over my head, but has this virus been 'vaulted' or is there another (stage by stage) way of getting rid of it - any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

AND any idea where this could have come from - I 'thought' I was very careful!

The registry value it created when copying itself to the windows installation folder will also have to be deleted (Symantec site always has good clear instructions for removal of trojans etc), your AVG will have put it in the vault but don't think it will sort out the registry.

As it's a key logger and sends info to an email address you'd be wise change all your passwords etc, just in case!

If your ever doubtful about a file upload it to http://virusscan.jotti.org/ and it'll check it with about 20 different programs for free.

NickInTheNorth
06-Aug-07, 08:27
two excellent programs that I would not be without on any windows system are:

http://majorgeeks.com/SpyBot-Search_&_Destroy_Tools_d2471.html
and
http://majorgeeks.com/SpywareBlaster_d2859.html

The first one searches for a eliminates lots of nasties, the second prevents them installing in the first place.

Or better yet - use linux - it doesn't do trojans :D

bekisman
07-Aug-07, 16:23
Hi Folks

Just to say thanks for the advice, it 'seems' to have gone, AVG picked up yesterday AM and put in virus vault. I've done scans with spybot, defender, 2-square and think it's gone (hopefully registry)

Thanks

Tony
07-Aug-07, 20:00
It may still be lurking in the system restore files if using XP and may reappear. As a precaution I would do the following to be sure:

1) Right click MY COMPUTER.
2) Select PROPERTIES.
3) Select SYSTEM RESTORE.
4) Tick the box TURN OFF SYSTEM RESTORE followed by APPLY an then OK.
5) Reboot computer and scan again.
6) If all is well repeat 1 to 4 except uncheck TURN OFF SYSTEM RESTORE followed by APPLY and OK to turn back on again.

Mr_Me19
07-Aug-07, 20:21
Slight point. After step 4 (on the first time round) run the disk clean up wizard. Can be found by going to Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->Disk Cleanup. Alternatively click start then run and type in "cleanmgr" then press enter.

Once it is running you will get the choice to choose a drive to clean up on if you have multiple drives. If you have only one drive it will automatically choose the C: drive. It will calculate how much space can be saved. This will take a few minutes. Now you can select other areas to clean up but im going to focus on this topic. Click the second tab. You will see that there is an option to delete system restore points. Click the button. Then click yes. Then when the cursor goes back to normal click ok. It should close. Although it may start its clean up if you didn't untick any options.

Then continue onto step 5.