PDA

View Full Version : Hi To All :)

kpage_1983
05-Aug-07, 10:57
Hi Everyone,

Where shall i start...... Well my name is Kerri Page and i am a girl of 24 years of age. I was born in Dartford, Kent and was bought up in Deal in Kent for 22 years. I moved to Blackpool in May 2005 where i am now living with my Mum and Step-dad.

We are all moving to Scotland in the very near future - think they are looking at Lybster, but i am not too keen as it looks pretty much isolated there! As long as i can find work not so far away it wont be as bad!

I am basically on this site to meet new people and make new friends and hopefully get to know a bit about some of the areas before moving - just so i know what i am letting myself in for :).

Well not too sure what else to say - i am not very good at these things!

Hope to chat to you all - take care for now.

Kerri
xx

jsherris
05-Aug-07, 11:10
.....We are all moving to Scotland in the very near future - think they are looking at Lybster, but i am not too keen as it looks pretty much isolated there!.....

Aah, but did you think we might be trying to protect the local community up there from you??

Haha, well done for signing up poppet - and don't worry, I'll soon have you married off to a nice gent with a kilt & sporran - I can just see you at the stove in the mornings cooking porridge ;)
Love Mum x

orkneylass
05-Aug-07, 11:28
If caithness is anything like Orkney a single girl in her early 20's will be very popular! lasses come here to expand their work experience in the NHS, with a bank etc and end up marrying local lads!

anneoctober
05-Aug-07, 11:43
Welcome to the ORG Kerri & mum !! Don't worry wifie, there IS life in Caithness.....:lol: I'm from the Thurso side of the County, so don't know anyone in Lybster to introduce you to, but THIS is the place to find friendly faces. What kind of work do you do Kerri OR looking for? Mum are you going to be out with us ladies in the big world of Caithness?[lol]

kpage_1983
05-Aug-07, 12:09
Thanks for the message anne. I am quite looking forward to this big adventure to Scotland..... i just dont really want to be out in the middle of no where with nothing or no one around for miles and miles!!

I am a Sales/Customer Service Advisor in an office at the moment and that is the sort of work i would like to continue doing - but i will take anything to begin with!

I will start looking for jobs and applying for jobs very soon!

Take care x

kpage_1983
05-Aug-07, 12:11
Hi Orkneylass - thanks for your message.

I dont know what Orkney is like - i have never been to scotland in my life, but am looking forward to my adventure!!

Rheghead
05-Aug-07, 12:21
Where shall i start...... Well my name is Kerri Page and i am a girl of 24 years of age. I was born in Dartford, Kent and was bought up in Deal in Kent for 22 years. I moved to Blackpool in May 2005 where i am now living with my Mum and Step-dad.

24? I had flown the nest by I was 18, and don't take this the wrong way but if you are scared of going to a isolated place then why not stay down there? I'd imagine there would be more job opportunities down there and more social events to meet a person of your age. It might be a good time to finally break those apron strings.

jsherris
05-Aug-07, 12:24
If caithness is anything like Orkney a single girl in her early 20's will be very popular! lasses come here to expand their work experience in the NHS, with a bank etc and end up marrying local lads!

Haha, Orkneylass - I know exactly what you mean..... I'm not sure Kez is prepared, but we'll be there to keep an eye out for her
I'm hoping for a quick wedding........ [lol]

Welcome to the ORG Kerri & mum !! Don't worry wifie, there IS life in Caithness..... I'm from the Thurso side of the County, so don't know anyone in Lybster to introduce you to, but THIS is the place to find friendly faces. What kind of work do you do Kerri OR looking for? Mum are you going to be out with us ladies in the big world of Caithness?
Anne... I'm planning on being a good little housewife... making jam, getting dinner on the table for hubby when he gets home from work, you know the sort of thing............. NOT!!!
I intend to move, make some friends, & be as happy as possible - and if that means a night out here & there getting a bit tipsy, then so be it! (Sorry Andy, you might get a change from the teetotal Jules you know & love in Blackpool!) :p

kpage_1983
05-Aug-07, 12:28
Thanks for your comments. I have only just recently moved in with my Mum and Step dad as the flat that i had was being sold. Unfortunately for me to live alone in Blackpool will not be easy on my wage and i will be struggling for a very long time until i am on my feet properly.

Looking at Caithness though would be easier for me to live alone when i have got myself a job etc. I am not really a going out type of person so social events to meet people of my age isnt really an issue - and i feel that a fresh start is due!

Thanks for your comment anyhow - all comments are much appreciated!

Kerri x

jsherris
05-Aug-07, 12:30
24? I had flown the nest by I was 18, and don't take this the wrong way but if you are scared of going to a isolated place then why not stay down there? I'd imagine there would be more job opportunities down there and more social events to meet a person of your age. It might be a good time to finally break those apron strings.

In Kerri's defence, she did break the apron strings - she moved back into our granny flat for convenience reasons a few weeks ago - but she's caught up in the adventure & hasn't really got any ties here in Blackpool - she's the only one of my 3 girls who's always up for a challenge!
And anyway, she looks great in wellies! ;)
Julie

Alice in Blunderland
05-Aug-07, 12:47
Good luck to you with your plans to come north. :)

Lybster is a lovely village not too far from Wick fifteen minutes or so by car and your in the town so not too isolated. If you are coming north rent for a while in whatever area you feel like trying and see how it goes. I live in Thrumster five miles from wick on the way to Lybster and its great.

As with most of the smaller local places anyone new moving in will be of great interest to the locals and Im sure people will be falling over themselves to introduce themselves to you and get all your news.

As with all things in life dont knock it till youve tried it. :lol:

anneoctober
05-Aug-07, 12:49
In Kerri's defence, she did break the apron strings - she moved back into our granny flat for convenience reasons a few weeks ago - but she's caught up in the adventure & hasn't really got any ties here in Blackpool - she's the only one of my 3 girls who's always up for a challenge!
Julie
Kerri & Julie, we welcome wellies in ALL shapes , sizes & colours . I think rheghead wants to keep Caithness a secret , but am sure bark is worse than bite ;)

Dadie
05-Aug-07, 13:43
hope you are up to the adventure of moving ...scary isnt it!...we are not moving far and its still scary!...hope you like it up here though! its a bit different to what you will be used to though the shops are getting better for choise now.. there is a cinema and bowling alley in thurso..as long as you have transport you will be fine!

Angela
05-Aug-07, 13:50
Kerri & Julie, you guys have visited Caithness recently, haven't you? :confused

jsherris
05-Aug-07, 14:02
Kerri & Julie, you guys have visited Caithness recently, haven't you?

Hahahahaha....... Umm...... no!

Yeah, I know, this is all really 'odd', but hey, I'm an Aquarian, I'm supposed to be odd. :eek:

Hubby has visited various Scottish locations, & comes from Middlesbrough/Durham - he has experience of living in a 4 street village & knows what to expect.
As for me, well, it's always been something I've wanted to do since I was quite young, but never had the opportunity, I guess.
And to be quite honest, I'm happy to live anywhere with my hubby.... as long as we have the dogs too!

We'll be up pretty soon though for a scout about, when he gets called for an interview, so we'll have a chance to look & nosey.... and mebbe grab a beer with a few willing Orgers while we're about it!

Rheghead
05-Aug-07, 14:16
Julie

I'm glad to hear it but I still think kerri's greater challenge will be in Blackpool but I can appreciate the desire to be with family so I am sure she will be happy up here with you. I have the opposite problem, my mother won't come up here to live with her family, she likes the fast lane too much. I keep telling her that grand daughters need grandmas but to no avail.

Lybster is a nice place and I am sure they do the most with what they've got.

And yes, my bark is always worse than my bite, so take no notice...;)

Ricco
05-Aug-07, 16:11
Kerri, don't worry too much about the move North. Yes, it may look isolated, but then so would Blackpool to someone from London or New York... wouldn't it? Accept Scotland for what it is and it will offer you a great deal. The people are very nice.

I moved over from Canada at the tender age of 11, losing all I knew; and yet Scotland has always been close to my heart. I had some of the greatest times of my life up in Thurso. And the pace of life is so much nicer and cosier.

Good luck with the move. :D

ruby
05-Aug-07, 17:28
good luck with the move. and welcome to the ORG

munchkin
05-Aug-07, 18:09
hi, we moved up here 3 years ago and the first thing you will notice is how friendly the folk are everyone speaks and makes you welcome.we live at auckengill which is 11 miles from wick, i work in tesco`s it is lovely in summer (if you get one ) and very lonely dark and misserable in winter ,but hey everything can`t be great.my wee boy was 3 when we moved and he still has not settled he miss`s his family as he says also his old friends hopefully soon he might be ok if not we will move back for his sake hope you settle in ok take care
katie x

munchkin
05-Aug-07, 18:13
hi opps forgot to warn you about the windddddddddd very very windyyyyyyyyy:Razz

jsherris
05-Aug-07, 18:16
hi opps forgot to warn you about the windddddddddd very very windyyyyyyyyy:Razz

:lol: She's got a good set of hair straighteners.... and if they fail, I've always got the doggy clippers for a short back & sides!
Julie

Victoria
05-Aug-07, 20:11
Hi Kerri,

I PM'ed your mum recently about her move. We're moving up soon and I'm only a young un and the ripe old age of 25!

Keep in touch and let me know where you've finally settled.

Victoria x

horseman
05-Aug-07, 20:33
Hi kerri,you are at a lovely age to start a new life, an the n' o' scotland can be 'all things to everyone', hope you press all the right buttons:)

kpage_1983
06-Aug-07, 07:23
Hi Victoria,

Where abouts are you moving from and to? Still unsure where we are going at the moment.... but i will keep you posted!! :)

Kerri xx

kpage_1983
06-Aug-07, 07:26
Hi Horseman,

I can't wait to start my life in scotland....I am really looking forward to it and meeting all the lovely people there.

johno
06-Aug-07, 09:03
Hi, kpage, welcome to the org and a big welcome when you all arrive in Caithness, think you will like it here, were a little more laid back. have,nt got the strain of big city life. but i still love Blackpool. Instead of waiting at airports & tranfers etc etc ,Next year thats where were heading.
good luck. :cool: :lol:

Foxy
06-Aug-07, 11:37
Hi kpage and welcome to the org. :)

kpage_1983
06-Aug-07, 13:27
Hi Johno,

And thanks for the welcome!I am sure i will like it in Caithness - its about time i had a change in lifestyle and i quite like the country - all the fresh air and the beautiful views!

So you're heading to Blackpool next year? Well good luck and all the best!

bluelady
07-Aug-07, 19:14
we moved up 5 years ago now and have never looked back. We have made many new friends that have become dear to us :)

TRUCKER
07-Aug-07, 22:28
good luck with moving and welcome to the org.

floyed
08-Aug-07, 13:48
good luck with your move and welcome to the org :)

Anne x
08-Aug-07, 14:44
good luck with your move to caithness you will love it

and welcome to the org happy posting :lol:

Ax

kpage_1983
08-Aug-07, 17:32
Thanks to you all for all your "Welcomes" and kind comments. I really am looking foward to starting my new life in caithness!

Am getting all excited...... :lol:

xxx

NLP
08-Aug-07, 21:40
HI, Kerri I'm sure you will be fine Lybster is a nice place and you are not far from both towns you will have a ball enjoy

dunderheed
09-Aug-07, 17:41
hi and welcome, i was around your age when i moved here , i had only visited the area once before with my work, i have now been here for aprox 16 years have married and got 2 kids. my one big regret was i married a weeker(only kidding) i have no regrets whatsoever.
i moved from just outside glasgow , from a busy area , the way of life up here is fantabulous and i wouldnt change it for the world. the people funnily enough weren't as insular as i thought they might be , infact the were so much more welcoming than you could ever imagine.