died, and there were no
heirs.

The house was sold to pay taxes. There had been several lookers, but the
large barn had steel doors, and they had been welded shut. Nobody wanted to
go to the extra expense to see what was in the barn, and it wasn't
complimentary to the property anyway......so, nobody made an offer on the
place.

The New York guy bought it at just over half of the property's worth, moved
in, and set about to tear in to the barn.......curiosity was killing him.
So, he and his wife bought a generator, and a couple of grinders.......and
cut thru the welds. What was in the barn...............?

Go to;
WWW.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm (http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm) and start wishing it you had bought the
place.

See what you're getting into…before you go there

jsherris
04-Aug-07, 10:59
Yep, I saw this a while back - and I expect nothing less than this when we buy our 'disused farm property with substantial outbuildings' in Caithness when we move!
:lol:

orkneylass
04-Aug-07, 11:40
It'll be an auld fergie and the bucket toilet if you're lucky! In my husband's case the WWI metal skewer fence posts....through his foot!

johno
04-Aug-07, 12:55
[quote=jsherris;250895]Yep, I saw this a while back - and I expect nothing less than this when we buy our 'disused farm property with substantial outbuildings' in Caithness when we move!
quote]
you wish, there are to many two legged caithness foxes for that to happen.

[lol] [lol]

anneoctober
05-Aug-07, 09:48
NOW all we have to do is buy the boarded up shed on the next farm and.........then we'll have the keys........:lol:

thefugitive1993
05-Aug-07, 12:36
I'd be interested to know what the collective worth of that lot is. Of course its a great find, but there's a lot of rusty old junk in there too.

anneoctober
05-Aug-07, 13:16
I'd be interested to know what the collective worth of that lot is. Of course its a great find, but there's a lot of rusty old junk in there too.
PLEASE don't say that out loud, my hubby is on this mission, there's NEVER been a car so rusted that he cannot repair. This has been his argument for last thirty odd years:lol: He also believes this too be true, trust me he LOVES cars :eek: I don't think he can work miracles, I KNOW he can......

thefugitive1993
05-Aug-07, 13:31
PLEASE don't say that out loud, my hubby is on this mission, there's NEVER been a car so rusted that he cannot repair. This has been his argument for last thirty odd years:lol: He also believes this too be true, trust me he LOVES cars :eek: I don't think he can work miracles, I KNOW he can......

Probably lucky you didn't inherit the barn then!

Bobinovich
05-Aug-07, 13:34
At least that would keep him out of her hair for a year or twenty :lol:!

ashaw1
05-Aug-07, 22:28
Why does nothing like that ever happen to me? Knowing my luck the whole lot would have been subject to some sort of tax or something and it would have ended up costing me thousands.

lynne duncan
06-Aug-07, 13:01
that's unbelievable, you would have thought that some of the neighbours would have kent, just goes to show it wasn't in caithness.

hotrod4
08-Aug-07, 16:08
Hi there
Have researched this and I am sorry to say it was a hoax!!!
I have the link with the true explanation here:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/barnfind.asp

Pity good story though!!!

George Brims
08-Aug-07, 17:43
Well here's a true story about someone getting something they didn't bargain for. A lady in the USA recently sold an ugly ceramic cookie jar, in the form of a turtle. She had a garage sale and sold off a lot of stuff that was cluttering the house. However she had to track down the jar and get it back. It was in a charity shop by this time as the buyer had changed her mind about it. The reason she had to retrieve it was it contained the ashes of her husband's first wife!