PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

jsherris
02-Aug-07, 08:24
Hello everyone, let me introduce myself.....
I'm Julie, 46, married to Andy, born in London, brought up in Kent & now living in Blackpool.
We have made the decision to have a BIG adventure & sell our house here to move somewhere amongst you all...... where? why? where will Andy work?
Dunno yet! And that's what makes it the adventure!

So, the plan is to sell the house & look to rent somewhere near to Lybster (do you say it as 'Libster' or as 'Liebster'???) and whilst doing that, he is busy applying for electrical engineering type jobs - he works 7 days a week at the minute & has for the past 6 years..... it HAS to stop! I want my hubby back!

He has fallen in love with Lybster golf course - he has an impressive handicap though, & he also has a VERY competitive streak in him so he's looking for some good competition!

Is there anything you nice folks can tell me about where to go/not go, what to do/not to do, etc etc??

Anyone out there with a digital camera willing to take a few pics, or know of a house to rent - with some gardens (We have 2 dogs, 3 cats)

Why Caithness?? Well, it's time to stop the train of life & let us get off - life's too short & I want to enjoy my hubby in some peace & quiet before it's too late & I end up wishing I'd picked more daisies.......

It's lovely to 'meet' you all!
Julie xx

golach
02-Aug-07, 08:42
Good luck to the both of you

Angela
02-Aug-07, 08:46
Hi Julie & Andy, welcome to the Org! :)

Best of luck with your plans.

PS....It's "Liebster"! ;)

jsherris
02-Aug-07, 09:05
In good old, 'suhvvena' (NOT 'sarferner') tradition, I have duly renamed the village 'Libster', NOT 'Liebster'.....

Back to my elocution lessons then, for me!

Thanks for the welcome - every comment is most appreciated, especially as I am now starting to feel a teeny tiny HUGELY bit scared about what we're doing!! :eek:

Ash
02-Aug-07, 09:06
wow sounds like an adventure

good luck !!!:D;)

johno
02-Aug-07, 09:49
Hi, and best wishes to you. i love Blackpool, think its brilliant, have,nt been there for a good few years though.? what,s wrong with the golf course at Reiss, dont play myself but im told it,s a good un.
Anyway best to you and your hubby i think that you,ll like it here.
Why dont you look up the local estate agents. if you google it i guess they will all come up..good luck :lol:

NLP
02-Aug-07, 10:15
wow what a difference between the two, good luck
but keep Andy from the golf course you'll never see him

jsherris
02-Aug-07, 10:23
aaaah...Google.... I actually prefer Ixquick - it's a lot less invasive!

But, yes, I did the estate agent search - found a smashing property in Lybster that needed some renovation.... and THEN discovered that the golf course is right next door & at the bottom of the garden! No wonder Andy's so keen! :roll:

So, as long as I buy a loudhailer to call him in for dinner from the kitchen window.......... :lol:

Blackpool's fantastic..... until you realise that you've been shopping in the town & out for a bite to eat & no-one you've spoken to all day is actually from the UK.... or if they are, it's because they're after nicking your purse out of your bag!!

Thanks for the welcome - I hope Lybster is as friendly as this org!

TRUCKER
02-Aug-07, 11:26
Welcome To Caithness And The Org.

Liz
02-Aug-07, 12:02
Well done to you both for going on such an adventure!

Hope it is everything you hope for and more!!!:D

If you want any cats I can help!(see Pets Corner):lol:

paris
02-Aug-07, 15:15
Hi Julie and Andy, I also grew up in Kent and ended up living in Lybster, now back in Linc's. I loved it there and made some great friends, wish i still lived there but hubby wasn't so keen on it there as were into motorbiking and we didn't meet any one else with the same interest. Lybster is a smashing village and the people are really friendly, helpful, and like a laugh. Ask Porshie poo to take a few pics for you , she lives in lybster and comes from Notts, has dogs and is into photography big time, I'm sure she will help you . All the best for the future. janx

quality
02-Aug-07, 16:08
welcome to the org happy posting