PDA

View Full Version : Tv Adverts that annoy me No.128

Alexander Rowe
14-Jul-05, 15:03
This TA Advert, with the two women having a drink and two lads come up and ask what they are up to at the weekend, goes on to show a few clips of them doing various TA activities, the lads, who obviously fancy them ask

"And what do we call you lovely ladies"

To which they reply

" Im Captain whatever"

"And Im Sargarent Reynolds"

To which the two blokes start to move away

and thats it...........

Whats it all about ?? The only thing that it shows is if your female and join the TA guys wont find you attractive. Or they are lezzers.

Also any advert with Michael Winner should be banned from TV.

linzy222
14-Jul-05, 20:19
I can't stand the advert about iron bru

The 1 where the guy is showing off in trunks and goes to do a dive off the board and slips off hanging by his trunks, then falls in!!

:confused

Rheghead
14-Jul-05, 20:53
Also any advert with Michael Winner should be banned from TV.

Calm down my dear Alex! It's only a commercial! :lol:

scorrie
14-Jul-05, 21:10
Pot Noodle take some beating for their portrayal of the guy in search of Pot Noodle having to go to "prostitutes" to satisfy his demand. "It's Dirty and You Want it" they implore. The other advert on the theme has the Office "Bike" taking the guys away for their "dirty" snack. They have now tamed it down to the Pot Noodle Horn complete with bulging crotch in case your brain cells cannot make the connection.

The advertising men seem to have one brain cell between them and cannot get it to focus on anything bar sex. Goodness knows what they would have made of the shoe shiner I got from Thailand several years ago. Step forward with your ideas on how to promote the Oriental version of Cherry Blossom i.e. "Golden Cock Boot Polish" Packaging is complete with the eponymous shiny rooster and I am sure the advertisers could make the Pot Noodle Horn look limp in comparison.

Fran
15-Jul-05, 02:15
I am always near to tears when the SSPCA comes on, the little kitten in the alley, the dog who gets beaten up and the old dog locked out in the rain. when the animal inspector comes and puts a blanket around the old dog and cuddles it, I am near to tears. a great advert and im sure people will send cheques to the organisation out of pity for the poor animals...even if they were just acting for the ad.

Camra
15-Jul-05, 12:58
The next time i see an advert for a man shaving where every bristle is removed in one clean swoop, without cutting himself, i'm going to phone the advertising standards authority for misrepresentation !
Show it like it is.....toilet roll blood clot formers and all you twats, your'e fooling no-one
Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

(Grumpy old man in training).

weeboyagee
15-Jul-05, 13:29
I like the advert where the Citreon car transforms and dances to rave music - boy do I wish my car could do that in Bridge Street on a Friday night!

Donnie
15-Jul-05, 14:50
The next time i see an advert for a man shaving where every bristle is removed in one clean swoop, without cutting himself, i'm going to phone the advertising standards authority for misrepresentation !
Show it like it is.....toilet roll blood clot formers and all you twats, your'e fooling no-one
Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

(Grumpy old man in training).

You need a new razor as mine works pretty much the same as they show in the adverts.

Donnie
15-Jul-05, 14:52
I like the advert where the Citreon car transforms and dances to rave music - boy do I wish my car could do that in Bridge Street on a Friday night!

There is a second one out now with that Citreon. It's just a short one where you see that Citreon doing some stretches while leaning against a post.

jjc
15-Jul-05, 14:57
The adverts for Elephant.co.uk drive me around the bend! They all go along the same lines:

1) Man comes in shot to tell us all about elephant.
2) ‘Stupid elephant-guy’ comes in shot and disrupts the whole advert.
3) Man finally sees off ‘stupid elephant-guy’, turns to camera and says:

“So there you have it. Elephant.co.uk really could save you money on your car insurance!”

There I have it? There I have WHAT? You haven’t bothered telling me anything about your insurance, you haven’t shown me any examples of costs… in fact, all you’ve done is mess about with a bloke in an elephant costume. Your closing statement makes NO LOGICAL SENSE!

I’m getting angry just thinking about it. [mad]

Oh, and there’s that daft advert where the mother tells her daughter she’s feeling a ‘little bloated’ and the daughter says “Hmmm, I get that sometimes too”. Shut up! In any normal family the daughter would collapse in a heap of embarrassed giggles.

~~Tides~~
15-Jul-05, 17:50
Oh the Elephant ad makes pervect sense. Just count how many times they say "Elephant.co.uk".

katarina
15-Jul-05, 17:54
my pet hate is the one with the horrible beasties in the hair. Don't even know what it's suppose to advertise so that's how effective it is!

Oh - and have you got the pot noodle horn? tell you what - it's put me off pot noodle for life!

erli
16-Jul-05, 01:05
It's the bottom slapping adverts with Mrs Ozzy that does it for me, and the one with the mouse in the mouse, i think it's e-sure"

mareng
16-Jul-05, 06:07
It's the bottom slapping adverts with Mrs Ozzy that does it for me, and the one with the mouse in the mouse, i think it's e-sure"

Just makes me want to slap Mrs Osbourne - she is so-o-o anoying!

mareng
16-Jul-05, 06:12
Wow! I can't believe I've got in first.........................

The fella with the Coke-bottle glasses in the Bank of Scotland advert :eek:

"Who gives you extra?" They surely don't believe that he is bringing in business, do they???????????

Where's my rifle?[size=12]

lassieinfife
16-Jul-05, 10:14
It has to be the renault one [disgust] . ........shake your ass or some such thing ...... drives me bonkers :mad: I cant watch it to see what its all about :eek:

katarina
16-Jul-05, 10:18
Wow! I can't believe I've got in first.........................

The fella with the Coke-bottle glasses in the Bank of Scotland advert :eek:

"Who gives you extra?" They surely don't believe that he is bringing in business, do they???????????

Where's my rifle?[size=12]

I'd prefer him to the one who says ' for new customers only,' When you're done with your rifle - lend it to me!

katarina
16-Jul-05, 10:21
It has to be the renault one [disgust] . ........shake your ass or some such thing ...... drives me bonkers :mad: I cant watch it to see what its all about :eek:

Me neither. What has a shaking ass got to do with a car? Is there any adverts out there we like?
I liked the one where the old lady says 'he's not your father!' and there follows an embarrasing silence!

lassieinfife
16-Jul-05, 10:27
I loved the kiaora advert................. to orangey for crows lol.................. :lol:

weeboyagee
16-Jul-05, 17:00
Dog nicks sausages off BBQ, pulls down the BBQ, series of events follows and the shed blows up, the dog comes out alive (still with the sausages) and at that precise moment there is a clap of thunder, the skies open up, the rain pours down and as Dad at the BBQ says "now that's lucky!" we all think, if it was real, the rain would never put the fire out and if we were MORE THAN we would never insure such a family :roll: ,..yet in the previous advert their dog drives the car home and parks it in the garage, not a scratch - with such fortune, they don't need insurance! :roll:

By the way, who remembers the cartoon advert for Um Bongo? (they drink it in the congo!) I used to go around singing that tune - affected, sad or what?

mareng
16-Jul-05, 17:31

Me neither. What has a shaking ass got to do with a car? Is there any adverts out there we like?
I liked the one where the old lady says 'he's not your father!' and there follows an embarrasing silence!

It's all about the pig-ugly ar5e end of the renault Megane. :eek:

Brizer2k2
16-Jul-05, 18:35
Any of those adverts with Michael Winner in them for esure.com drives me insane !!! [mad]

hereboy
16-Jul-05, 18:48
What about the old advert for "Bandit" the chocolate biscuit? Anyone remember that? Must be 25 years old...

The one with the Mexican guy whose bidie in has left him and "he can stand it with bandit, get your chin of the floor, etc..."

It ended up with his "Conchita" coming back - she was a sultry lass, and he says, aye, aye, my conchita has come back - I can't stand it!"

Annoying, Racist, Sexist but Pure class. Bandit - almost as good as a Penguin but better than a Club (especially the orange one).

Naefearjustbeer
16-Jul-05, 20:15
Dog nicks sausages off BBQ, pulls down the BBQ, series of events follows and the shed blows up, the dog comes out alive (still with the sausages) and at that precise moment there is a clap of thunder, the skies open up, the rain pours down and as Dad at the BBQ says "now that's lucky!" we all think, if it was real, the rain would never put the fire out and if we were MORE THAN we would never insure such a family :roll: ,..yet in the previous advert their dog drives the car home and parks it in the garage, not a scratch - with such fortune, they don't need insurance! :roll:

By the way, who remembers the cartoon advert for Um Bongo? (they drink it in the congo!) I used to go around singing that tune - affected, sad or what?

who puts the sausages on the bbq without separating the links?

2little2late
16-Jul-05, 22:06
The recent KFC ads must be the most annoying on T.V. at the moment.

Alexander Rowe
18-Jul-05, 11:37
The adverts for Elephant.co.uk drive me around the bend! They all go along the same lines:

1) Man comes in shot to tell us all about elephant.
2) ‘Stupid elephant-guy’ comes in shot and disrupts the whole advert.
3) Man finally sees off ‘stupid elephant-guy’, turns to camera and says:

“So there you have it. Elephant.co.uk really could save you money on your car insurance!”

There I have it? There I have WHAT? You haven’t bothered telling me anything about your insurance, you haven’t shown me any examples of costs… in fact, all you’ve done is mess about with a bloke in an elephant costume. Your closing statement makes NO LOGICAL SENSE!

I’m getting angry just thinking about it. [mad]

Oh, and there’s that daft advert where the mother tells her daughter she’s feeling a ‘little bloated’ and the daughter says “Hmmm, I get that sometimes too”. Shut up! In any normal family the daughter would collapse in a heap of embarrassed giggles.

Had me laughing out loud. [lol] [lol]

mareng
18-Jul-05, 15:26
Is the "bloated" advert, the one where they are claiming that the worst condition you could travel with is.............constipation?? :(

Crikey! I'd rather get on a plane with constipation than with the squits! :eek:

katarina
18-Jul-05, 15:34
I hate lavatorial commercials! Who wants to see a little kid sitting on a toilet holding their nose in the corner of their living room? Or a figity person worrying about the smell they've left behind.
It's much nicer to see toilet roll being used to amuse a puppy or keep mud from the carpet.
I liked these commercals that turned into mini soaps, you got to know the charcters like the oxo family or the tenco coffee. they sure don't write them like they used to!

mareng
18-Jul-05, 18:08
I hate lavatorial commercials! Who wants to see a little kid sitting on a toilet holding their nose in the corner of their living room? Or a figity person worrying about the smell they've left behind.
It's much nicer to see toilet roll being used to amuse a puppy or keep mud from the carpet.
I liked these commercals that turned into mini soaps, you got to know the charcters like the oxo family or the tenco coffee. they sure don't write them like they used to!

You've gotta love the one that goes like this:

[Picture a bathroom]

Little girl is sitting on toilet
Her father is washing his face in the basin when she asks:

“Daddy – Where does poo come from?”

Daddy promptly panics, wishing the girl’s mother was here to answer this kind of question:

But… stumbles through the answer:

“Well, when you eat food – all the food goes through various bits of your body and all the goodness gets taken out to give you energy, ……….. err – and what is left, is poo.”

The little girl continues to sit on the toilet while pondering this response, and finally looks up at her dad and asks:

“What about Tigger – Where does he come from?”

Brilliant! [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

katarina
18-Jul-05, 21:36
LOL. That's like the little girl who went home and asked what was vice. Parents look at eachother embarrassed, but the time has come .. so they go into long explaination. At the end mum says ' now tell us, why did you ask?'
'I've been made vice present at school!'
Well - guess it's the way i tell em..... :confused :

Alexander Rowe
19-Jul-05, 13:53
Crikey! I'd rather get on a plane with constipation than with the squits! :eek:

Interesting point. Having been in both positions I can assure you having the squits is worse, not so much the actual flight but at the point where everyone stands and is waiting to get off, the potential to follow through increases by ten. Or in ratio terms, the chances of following through are directly linked to the number of passengers.

Anyway re your above statement, to see what really is worse maybe we need a new thread with a poll.

squidge
19-Jul-05, 14:08
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I hate all adverts

The only one i remember really liking was one from a million years ago which was for Hacks - a cough sweet. It featured a pencil drawn cartoon of a man running with an olympic flame over hills, through valleys, rain, snow, gale force winds. He finally gets to the end raises the torch to light the thing and coughs and the flame goes out

Brilliant

lassieinfife
19-Jul-05, 14:56
All the powergen adverts........ ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr [mad]

princess
19-Jul-05, 22:39
the jaamster adverts r startin 2 annoy me!! they r soo annoyin!!at first they were kl! but now they're annoyin! [mad] [/quote]

Brizer2k2
20-Jul-05, 00:23
I hate the Ocean Finance ad where there are several quotes from several poor downtrodden people in major debt saying how Ocean Finance kept their head above water etc etc. !!!

especially the guy with a blonde Billy Ray Sirus mullet, jam jar glasses and a sad brummie accent !!!

[mad]