PDA

View Full Version : how do i.

Persephone
31-Jul-07, 14:50
.delete a message? I have double posted! Tried Edit but can't delete whole message.

Torvaig
31-Jul-07, 15:14
I wouldn't worry about it but if you really want to delete one of them, if you can still get edit; delete the message then do a row of about ten full stops or any character, then submit, that should do it.
There is a minimum amount of characters required for a post as I don't think you can delete a whole message completely.
Someone will soon put us right if I am wrong!
I can still get delete on this message but I think the option disappears after a little while.

canuck
31-Jul-07, 15:34
If you send a note to administration asking for the post to be removed, given that one of the team has time, it will be done by admin.

Also, one of the moderators might notice a double post, realize the problem and eliminate it for you.

Once a user has reached a magic number of posts (and I never remember the scheme for this because it changes occasionally) then that user gets the technical tools for deleting her own posts for a certain number of hours after the post goes up. Beyond that time you resort to plan A, contact admin.

This is knowledge gained by experience. Good luck.

Torvaig
31-Jul-07, 15:41
If you send a note to administration asking for the post to be removed, given that one of the team has time, it will be done by admin.

Also, one of the moderators might notice a double post, realize the problem and eliminate it for you.

Once a user has reached a magic number of posts (and I never remember the scheme for this because it changes occasionally) then that user gets the technical tools for deleting her own posts for a certain number of hours after the post goes up. Beyond that time you resort to plan A, contact admin.

This is knowledge gained by experience. Good luck.

Ah, the benefits of being an experienced orger; thanks for the help Canuck. Hope to see you on the 22nd! ;)

Moira
31-Jul-07, 15:51
You can use this button http://forum.caithness.org/images/buttons/report.gif (http://forum.caithness.org/report.php?p=249408) at the top of your post to bring it to the attention of the Admin/Mods. I've deleted the duplicate thread now.

Canuck/Torvaig - sounds like the 22nd will be an "Orgstravaganza" ;)

canuck
31-Jul-07, 17:43
Canuck/Torvaig - sounds like the 22nd will be an "Orgstravaganza" ;)

I am counting the days!