PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi

Persephone
31-Jul-07, 13:59
Noticed a new Bon Jovi album in the shops? is it any good?

moncur
31-Jul-07, 15:00
Who are they? They local? Are they playing skinandis anytime soon?

Deemac
31-Jul-07, 15:15
I've always found the best way to assess a new recording is to go out and actually buy it!! Everyone will have their own opinon on how good it is and will probably differ from your own. I'm sure a Band with the experience of Bon Jovi will not be publicaly airing anything too horrendous.

I've slaughtered a cover version of "Living on a prayer" many a time in the long and distant past!!

Sorry to state the obvious:D

Persephone
31-Jul-07, 16:56
OK......i'm very sorry if this question offends you so much, but I obviously like Bon Jovi and was looking for other fans who had bought the album. You did not need to reply in such a manner Deemac

Kev_Plastic_Food
31-Jul-07, 17:06
Not that Deemac needs any defending, but what was wrong with his answer? Seemed ok to me. I havent heard the new Bon Jovi album yet, but will certainly be listening to it when I get a chance :)

Chobbersjnr
31-Jul-07, 17:11
good question what was wrong with Deemac's answer???

everyone will have a differing opinion & believe me will more than likely state it, this being the famous caithness.org & all

I've no doubt you could hear snippets on amazon............

Jeemag_USA
31-Jul-07, 17:33
Not that Deemac needs any defending, but what was wrong with his answer? Seemed ok to me. I havent heard the new Bon Jovi album yet, but will certainly be listening to it when I get a chance :)

I don't see anything wrong with Deemacs answer either, thought he was honest and polite.

Moncur on the other hand was downright despicable [lol]

J/K

Deemac
31-Jul-07, 18:16
OK......i'm very sorry if this question offends you so much, but I obviously like Bon Jovi and was looking for other fans who had bought the album. You did not need to reply in such a manner Deemac

Persephone, In no way what so ever did your question give me ANY offense!! You appear somewhat, overtly sensitive if you found my reply abrasive (I apologies if so).

I see your fairly new to this forum. I would recommend that you need to harden up a little if you are to survive on future threads (I know I did).

On the whole most orgers are nice people with a healthy (and robust) sense of humour. A sharp wit is to be encouraged.

I hope you get to hear the Bon Jovi album and that it gives you listening pleasure.:D

Gleber2
31-Jul-07, 18:30
(I apologies if so).

I see your fairly new to this forum. I would recommend that you need to harden up a little if you are to survive on future threads (I know I did).

Deemac is always overtly nasty, Persephone, but he's harmless really.:) However, he is right and you need to thicken your skin if you want to survive here. His post was in no way offensive in my book.
BTW you should aplologise for your spelling Deemac, most offensive!!!!!![evil]

Deemac
31-Jul-07, 23:16
Gleber - how remiss of you!!

"I should aplologise for my spelling!!! (should I now? - re-read your reply - tut, tut).

Let me correct the royal ear - You really meant "Apologise" . . . (I assume)

O dear I got my "S" and "E" the wrong way round (Ooops)

MOST offensive as you state!!!:D

Jeemag_USA
31-Jul-07, 23:22
Gleber - how remiss of you!!

"I should aplologise for my spelling!!! (should I now? - re-read your reply - tut, tut).

Let me correct the royal ear - You really meant "Apologise" . . . (I assume)

O dear I got my "S" and "E" the wrong way round (Ooops)

MOST offensive as you state!!!:D

I think that was tongue in cheek Dunc, everyone knows its Apollogize!

Chobbersjnr
31-Jul-07, 23:22
Deemac doesn't understand sarcasm!!!! No aplologies!!!!:Razz

Metalattakk
01-Aug-07, 02:51
LOL!

But back to the point:

I've heard (and listened to) the new Bon Jovi album, and whether you think it's good or not entirely depends on which version of Bon Jovi you prefer.

I am of the old school, a 1980s Bon Jovi fan, when they used to be a rockin' band, all long hair and guitar solos. I don't like the new album much at all..

The new album to me sounds the most poppy album they've ever produced. Sure, there are hooks galore, but it all sounds like music aimed at the 30-40yo woman. The wife likes it very much.

Persephone, how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

It has to be said though, they know exactly what they're doing. Adult-Orientated-Pop, perhaps?

Kev_Plastic_Food
01-Aug-07, 11:51
I've just listened to it too. Agree with metalattakk, its very much the 'new' Bon Jovi. If you liked Crush, you'll probably like this, although its a bit less punchy than Crush, overall more mellow.

Persephone
01-Aug-07, 13:16
Ok...maybe I am just a sensitive soul:confused, its just the way i read it sounded quite patronising. Of course everyone's opinion is going to differ...thats the whole point of a forum and i like a bit of a debate now and then!
Sorry Deemac ;)