PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

linzy222
14-Jul-05, 13:23
Can u help solve a disagreement plzzzz

When u make coffee do u put the milk in before the water, or milk in after the water???

Me and my b/f do it different ways, and i'm not saying which way i do it and which way he does it coz u men will stick together :lol:

I will let u know later on!!

This is just for fun, so i don't want any people saying "WHAT DOES IT MATTER", i just want to know what way u do it, ;)

Cheers

Linzy

BazzaG
14-Jul-05, 13:32
Hey linzy222 i have always added the milk first as does my wife, :)

squidge
14-Jul-05, 13:36
The milk thng comes from years ago when if you had china cups and put the tea in first the cup could break so you always put the milk in first.

Me? I cant afford china cups and saucers lol so i do the hot water first.

imamackay
14-Jul-05, 13:40
When u make coffee do u put the milk in before the water, or milk in after the water???

I had the same thing with my boyfriend, but he has seen sense and put the milk in first now. This is because the boiling water burns the coffee and changes that taste. It tastes much better with the milk in first. :D

Setanta
14-Jul-05, 13:42
milk first here :lol:

Whitewater
14-Jul-05, 14:34
Don't have that problem, I drink black coffee but I'm sure my wife puts the milk in first :D

laguna2
14-Jul-05, 14:55
... water in first, then the milk ... :D

Donnie
14-Jul-05, 15:26
I always let the coffee soak in the milk first before adding water. It tastes better. I do the same with a tea bag.

garycs
14-Jul-05, 15:28
Milk first. If you put the water in first the first few drops of milk mixing with a much larger volume of boiling water causes the milk protein to "cook" and so you get a skin on the surface.

At least that's what my biochemistry lecturer told us.

Jeid
14-Jul-05, 16:50
water then milk, same with tea

Zael
14-Jul-05, 17:48
I dont know why people make this so complicated.

Take a mug (preferably a very large mug) pour in the coffee directly from the jar until you can stand a spoon up in it. Add hot water (let the kettle stand for 2 minutes or so before pouring), splash in some cold water from the tap. Leave to stand for another couple of minutes and then drink.

This recipe actually tastes best when the mug has been left to stand for a few hours or so and has gone cold. :eek:

Donnie
14-Jul-05, 17:50
I dont know why people make this so complicated.

Take a mug (preferably a very large mug) pour in the coffee directly from the jar until you can stand a spoon up in it. Add hot water (let the kettle stand for 2 minutes or so before pouring), splash in some cold water from the tap. Leave to stand for another couple of minutes and then drink.

This recipe actually tastes best when the mug has been left to stand for a few hours or so and has gone cold. :eek:

So you drink it with out milk then?

Jenni
14-Jul-05, 19:25
I always put the water in first as I don't think the granules disolve properly otherwise. Of course it is probably more likely to do with the way my parents did it when I was growing up and therefore I just copied.

Brizer2k2
14-Jul-05, 20:09
has to be milk and sugar in before the water

Tugmistress
14-Jul-05, 20:49
definately milk first in coffee, but when making tea the water first.

Fran
15-Jul-05, 02:18
:D i always put water in first then milk, same with tea!!!

Zael
15-Jul-05, 09:05
Yes, cow's milk is for baby cows :roll:

In the same way that folks here think that some people of other cultures smell of the spices they use to cook, similarly do they (and now I) detect the odour of "off milk" from the poeple who drink it all the time. Don't get me wrong, its not an overpowering smell, I was just surprised that I ever noticed it at all.

weeboyagee
15-Jul-05, 09:19
Whatever comes to hand first. If the coffee is on the worktop, coffee goes in first. If the coffee is in the cupboard, its a toss-up between the milk and the coffee! Just a thought - how many people when pouring, always manage to "slitter" the coffee over the worktop - no matter how hard they try not to!? If I pour three or four cups (generous person that I am) I ALWAYS manage to miss one of the cups or overfill. Lol :D Something to do with a shakey hand? After last night....not surprised......!

katarina
15-Jul-05, 18:05
boiling water makes the coffee taste slightly bitter - so by putting the milk in first, the flavour is better. With filtered coffee, the water never actually reaches boiling point.

girnigoe
16-Jul-05, 00:37
I always find if you put the milk in with the coffee before the water then it doesnt dissolve properly!! I always put the water in first with tea too. :D

champagnebaby
16-Jul-05, 01:50
This is because the boiling water burns the coffee and changes that taste. It tastes much better with the milk in first. :D

Definately milk n sugar in first!

I was told the same as imamackay - that if you put the water in first it burns the coffee.

DrSzin
16-Jul-05, 01:55
Instant coffee? Best added to water first. Then flush. You can process a whole jar at once this way.

mareng
16-Jul-05, 06:03

Me and my b/f do it different ways, and i'm not saying which way i do it and which way he does it coz u men will stick together :lol:

This is just for fun, so i don't want any people saying "WHAT DOES IT MATTER", i just want to know what way u do it, ;)

Cheers

Linzy

It doesn't really matter, because you are going to change him to what you want anyway - that's life. :lol:

Stop drinking instant coffee - it'll kill you! :eek:

MadPict
16-Jul-05, 13:34
Got aching joints?

Drink a lot of coffee?

Stop and see what happens!

It might not kill you but it can affect you.

Useless Fact #67
Apparently drinking a lot of coffee can cause the calcium in your body to be leeched out and the result is joint pain. Sceptical? I worked with a heavy coffe drinker who had the joint pain and when he stopped his joint pain went away.
How did this little snippet come up?
The plumber was clearing out the urinals in the Mens toilets - they had become blocked yet again and it was due to the build up of calcium due to the number of coffee drinkers in the building.

:roll:

linzy222
16-Jul-05, 21:57

This is the way i do it 2, but my b/f does it with water 1st and i keep saying do it my way but u know MEN, don't listen at all :lol:

I did notice most men on here do put the water in 1st

Why is that i wonder??

:confused

DrSzin
17-Jul-05, 23:01

This is the way i do it 2, but my b/f does it with water 1st and i keep saying do it my way but u know MEN, don't listen at all :lol:
May I suggest that you borrow Mrs S for a day? Then you will learn what "doesn't listen" really means! :eek:

I did notice most men on here do put the water in 1st

Oi linzy222, that just isn't true! Go back, read, and count! Most men say they put the milk in first. In fact the results for men and women are nearly identical. :D

Why is that i wonder??
See my first line above. But I won't commit the cardinal sin of generalising along gender lines regarding the making of instant coffee or not listening. ;)

I will freely admit to not being entirely innocent on the not-listening front from time to time. But I know someone who's a lot worse. :roll:

marion
17-Jul-05, 23:08

Cheers

Linzy

We like our coffee black. Adding anything changes the taste. We prefer the original taste of our coffee.

linzy222
18-Jul-05, 15:26
YUK i hate black coffee, i need milk!!

But no sugar!!

Mr P Cannop
18-Jul-05, 16:16
i like tea

lassieinfife
18-Jul-05, 16:33
i like tea

Yuck!!!!!!!!!!! [disgust] tea tastes like foostie ? [that how u spellt it?] water :evil coffee any time any where any way :lol:

Mr P Cannop
18-Jul-05, 17:12
tea and 2 sugars with milk

lassieinfife
18-Jul-05, 17:44
tea and 2 sugars with milk

Must be like drinking syrup [disgust] ........... if drinking tea it should be black no milk no sugar :D

mareng
18-Jul-05, 18:26
Got aching joints?

Drink a lot of coffee?

Useless Fact #67
Apparently drinking a lot of coffee can cause the calcium in your body to be leeched out and the result is joint pain. Sceptical? I worked with a heavy coffe drinker who had the joint pain and when he stopped his joint pain went away.
The plumber was clearing out the urinals in the Mens toilets - they had become blocked yet again and it was due to the build up of calcium due to the number of coffee drinkers in the building.

Might just have to give that a try - won't be easy, though (err.... the "giving up coffee" bit - not hanging around the mens' toilets) :eek:

Bobinovich
18-Jul-05, 22:16
Got aching joints?

Drink a lot of coffee?

Useless Fact #67

Hmmm, very interesting. So it's probably best not to drink too much coffee at all then - I'll stick to my tea!

lasher
18-Jul-05, 22:23
Yes, cow's milk is for baby cows :roll:

In the same way that folks here think that some people of other cultures smell of the spices they use to cook, similarly do they (and now I) detect the odour of "off milk" from the poeple who drink it all the time. Don't get me wrong, its not an overpowering smell, I was just surprised that I ever noticed it at all.

People who drink milk smell sour! Ha Ha what a load o rubbish :lol:

dave_rangers
19-Jul-05, 14:09
When making Cofee the milk has to go in first its just the proper way its like having a bath you have to put the water in first. :)