PDA

View Full Version : Circus

saffy100
14-Jul-05, 09:15
:D

I'm planning the circus on Saturday, has anyone been to it yet while in Wick.

D Edge
14-Jul-05, 09:41
Very good, worth every penny.

Lou18
14-Jul-05, 09:55
What are the prices for the circus for an adult?

Was it quite hard to get availability for the shows?

saffy100
14-Jul-05, 11:28

Depends where you sit, from £8 in the rear circle to £20 ringside but there are half price tickets floating around, try in the shop with posters in the windows.

Mr P Cannop
14-Jul-05, 11:28
prices are from £8 - £20

scorrie
14-Jul-05, 12:06

Depends where you sit, from £8 in the rear circle to £20 ringside but there are half price tickets floating around, try in the shop with posters in the windows.

Just a bit of advice. If you sit ringside, expect to get wet, foamy or both!!

Well worth the money, but bring plenty spare cash if you are going to be buying the lights etc for the kids.

cezzy1234
14-Jul-05, 18:51
i have just been to the one in thurso it was really good my little girl loved the clows and it was well worth the monney

Fran
15-Jul-05, 02:24
I went to the last show in wick for £6 and sat near the front. I had a half price voucher from a shop, they are easy to get. as I left they started taking the big tent down. Half an hour later they were heading for thurso on the Watten road so i went on the Bower road and met the lorries entering the park in thurso. A big hold up there with traffic as the lorries had problems getting through the narrow entrance. an hour later the tent was up. Quiuck work, they must have been exhausted and dont seem to get much rest.
Have you noticed that all the artistes also sold popcorn etc, took the tent down and even drove all the lorries!!!
thought the circus was great and well worth going to. i will go again in Thurso. everyone should go. :D

Lou18
15-Jul-05, 09:15
Have any shops still got the half price vouchers? Can't find them anywhere!!

doreenhedgehog
15-Jul-05, 10:16
It's worth paying the admission money just to see Yana.

Mr P Cannop
15-Jul-05, 10:28
whos Yana ??

Mr P Cannop
15-Jul-05, 10:29
if any one is wanting half price vouchers send me a pm.

johndy
15-Jul-05, 11:25
whos Yana ??

They are the Hoop Hurricane :D

jay
15-Jul-05, 15:34
I think most of the shops have the half price vouchers but I definaterly saw them in Jim Bews book shop yesterday

katarina
15-Jul-05, 17:46
Pity about no animals! I can understand the ban on big cats or elephants, but the dogs and horses looked well cared for and happy. the wee dogs always seemed to enjoy performing so much, tails waggin all over the place. Isn't a complete ban a bit
OTT?

gwen
15-Jul-05, 18:15
A friend took his kids to it when it was in Inverness - the kids were going on and on and on about it... should be worth the money if they'll enjoy it that much...

You can't put a price on a child's happiness! :)

scorrie
15-Jul-05, 20:25
Pity about no animals! I can understand the ban on big cats or elephants, but the dogs and horses looked well cared for and happy. the wee dogs always seemed to enjoy performing so much, tails waggin all over the place. Isn't a complete ban a bit
OTT?

I remember being at a circus in the 70's and one of the acts was a chimpanzee drinking a bottle of McEwans Export. Amazingly the handler got a couple of eleven year old lads to try the beer out to confirm the authenticity!! How times change. Then in the 1980s there was the famous Lion's claw v's drunk man's arm incident at another Circus. The famous headline in the Daily Express read "Tinbum in the Lion's Den"

Oh, happy Circus memories, we will never see the like again and probably just as well.

However, I have to agree to some extent on the subject of dogs performing in the circus. There is usually a dancing dog at Crufts and they have obstacle course racing and flyball racing for dogs there as well. The dogs look to have great fun but the difference with the Circus is that the dogs have to hit the road every time the Circus moves on.

Must head off to the Camps now and see if any Chimps are at the bar downing a pint of Export!!

cezzy1234
17-Jul-05, 13:21
they are probbely gone this morrning as yesterday was there last day in thurso it was verry busy when i went there on thursday i sure they will be back next year if they got good population ;)