PDA

View Full Version : Wick Academy FC Scorries Scoop

AllanT
30-Jul-07, 18:46
http://www.wick-academy.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=363&Itemid=2

Please see the link above providing information on Wick Academy Football Club's new weekly Lottery ticket.

The cost's of running a Highland League football club this far North increase every year. In an effort to meet these costs such as transport, improvement to the ground and the running of both the first team and the U17's the club has decided to start this ticket. Please try to buy one each week and if anyone either at home or further afield think they could sell a few please pm me or contact any of the committee.

Thanks

Torvaig
30-Jul-07, 22:43
The web site says tickets can be bought from any committee member; I presume they can be bought from the "collection points".....

rob murray
31-Jul-07, 09:15
It would also be a great help if more people came along to games starting tonight when WAFC take on Brora Rangers in the first competitive game of the new season. Hopefully WAFC will pick off in the confident manner in which they completed last season, so should be a good game. All the best boys for the season ahead !

AllanT
31-Jul-07, 16:05
Yes Torvaig that is a good point. You can buy your tickets from any of the "collection points" listed. Possibly this list will be extended in the future so keep an eye on the Academy website.

The draw results will also be on the website.

Thanks

rob murray
01-Aug-07, 11:52
Boy, what a game last night !! WAFC down 1-4, to come back and level at 4 - 4 with 2 "goals" chalked off for off side and 2 Brora players sent off. It doesnt get better, Roll on Saturday !!

Cattach
01-Aug-07, 16:23
I have always avoided posting about football because I thought it was against the message board rules. Has there been a change?

jambo
01-Aug-07, 17:26
ur aloud 2 talk about local football though.

rob murray
02-Aug-07, 13:09
Cattach, see below rules clarification, I thought it absolutely obvious that WAFC being local is part and parcel of the local "community" hence my post onto a community forum.

As this is a community forum and is read by visitors of all ages, genders, religions, nationalities etc, please be aware of this when you post. Although we are not going to set a rule for what you choose to discuss on the forums, we would prefer that the topics are related to Caithness in some way, or national issues that affect everyone. It should also be taken into consideration that certain topics like football or religion can very easily be misread and cause offence, so great care should be taken when dealing with these types of issues.

Bill Fernie
02-Aug-07, 13:51
Note to any committee memebrs of Wick Academy. I tried to buy tickets for the new promotion at two of the shops advertsied but got blank looks and they did not have any tickets.

AllanT
03-Aug-07, 16:14
Bill,

Sorry you were unable to get a ticket, but I understand all the shops listed on the club's website are now up and running as regards the ticket. The only change is that "The Shop" in Girnigoe Street is only a collection point and are not selling tickets.

I also understand that there are likely to be a number of additions to the outlets selling so watch the website for more info.

Academy are at home to Lossiemouth tomorrow and are likely to be wearing their new strips sponsored by D Stevens and Old Pulteney. Why not come up and cheer on your local team and buy a ticket at the same time!!

Thanks

Bill Fernie
03-Aug-07, 20:07
Thanks Alan

I will be buying my ticket every week from now on. I hope the new fund raiser works well.

Colin3
03-Aug-07, 21:59
Hi Bill

Many thanks for your support

Colin

Bill Fernie
04-Aug-07, 09:36
Just to confirm I managed to purchase my Scorrie Scoop tickets this morning.

Good Luck with this fund-raiser. I kow the committee have put a lot of work into the club and it is big asset to the county to have football club with so many active people involved. I hope this new effort raises the much needed funds to allow the club to continue to improve.

I hope as many folk as possible will support the club through this new venture.

Cattach
04-Aug-07, 13:40
Cattach, see below rules clarification, I thought it absolutely obvious that WAFC being local is part and parcel of the local "community" hence my post onto a community forum.

As this is a community forum and is read by visitors of all ages, genders, religions, nationalities etc, please be aware of this when you post. Although we are not going to set a rule for what you choose to discuss on the forums, we would prefer that the topics are related to Caithness in some way, or national issues that affect everyone. It should also be taken into consideration that certain topics like football or religion can very easily be misread and cause offence, so great care should be taken when dealing with these types of issues.

This was nothing more than a simple request for clarification and nothing to do with your post so do not get your nickers in a twist.

jambo
04-Aug-07, 23:07
well done academy today going top of the leauge with a 5-0 win.

AllanT
07-Aug-07, 14:38
Hi,

The first draw for Wick Academy’s new Lotto ticket was held last night.

The numbers were – 4 10 11 12 19

The £1,000 jackpot was not won but there was one £10 paid for getting 4 numbers.

Next Monday’s jackpot is now up to £1,100 and tickets are available now.

Thanks to everyone who supported their local club by buying a ticket.

AllanT
13-Aug-07, 22:34
Results for Monday 13 August 2007

5, 6,13,15,19

No jackpot winner this week. No £10 winners.

Next weeks jackpot will be £1,200.

Thanks to everyone who supported the club by buying a ticket.