PDA

View Full Version : canada flights cheap

jim shoe
28-Jul-07, 21:57
Some one posted on here about cheap flights to canada

i want to go the weeks before christmas

cheapest quote so far nearly £450.00

help please

also any information on a good hotel in vancouver came across sutton place it has a pool and spa and i would like to pamper myself as ive been ill lately

so any info please:lol:

rockchick
28-Jul-07, 22:35
Try skyscanner.net

you can check all sorts of flights from different airports.

Good luck!

cullbucket
28-Jul-07, 23:07
http://www.flyzoom.com/

I doubt anything will be cheap just before Xmas though....

katarina
28-Jul-07, 23:24
I'm just back and after investigating all airlines, I found Zoom to be the cheapest. I was a bit concerned that it might be a 'no frills' airline as i kinda like my comforts, but the standard was every bit as good as Air Canada and KLM both of which I have used previously, although the plane was smaller.

rockchick
29-Jul-07, 15:23
If you go onto www.skyscanner.net (http://www.skyscanner.net) it will give you the best prices for all the airlines, including Zoom and Air3000. It will also show you the different costs for different days in a month, both directions, and including taxes and charges, so you can see at a glance when is best to go.

wild1
29-Jul-07, 22:51
I'm going to canada in september flying from glasgow and I'm flying with www.flyglobespan.co.uk and got a good deal with them hope it helps you.

sandyr
30-Jul-07, 04:43
Also perhaps u can try Canadian Affair....which was/ is part of Thomas Cook Travel/ they recently seem to have teamed up with Air Transat, another Trans Atlantic carrier.
I have found that the next best to Air Canada/ British Airways is Canadian Affair! Nice seating arrangements and good food!
FYI.....................

dunderheed
30-Jul-07, 16:04
hi , it was me that posted previously about cheap flights to canada. we were going with flyglobespan. unfortunately i'm now going to lanzarote instead , but planning on canada possibly the year after next now

teddybear1873
31-Jul-07, 19:45
Try www.iglucanada.com I have used them before and were approx £400 return. Also for hotels try www.hotwire.com. Hope this helps

weeboyagee
01-Aug-07, 19:36
I agree with wild1 - flyglobespan.com, however in the Canadian newspapers today (yes - I am in Canada at this very moment!!!) flyzoom and canadianaffair are both advertising VERY cheap flights - be aware I am posting from Canada and I got here with flyglobespan.com - and they are using Boeing 757's not the Airbus - and are having to stop at Reykyavik to refuel. The service is not a patch on Air Transat to my mind and although they sell it very well on their website - you may be a little disappointed with what you get - so I would check the Air Transat website too.

WBG in Canada :cool:

canuck
01-Aug-07, 20:20
I agree with wild1 - flyglobespan.com, however in the Canadian newspapers today (yes - I am in Canada at this very moment!!!) flyzoom and canadianaffair are both advertising VERY cheap flights - be aware I am posting from Canada and I got here with flyglobespan.com - and they are using Boeing 757's not the Airbus - and are having to stop at Reykyavik to refuel. The service is not a patch on Air Transat to my mind and although they sell it very well on their website - you may be a little disappointed with what you get - so I would check the Air Transat website too.

WBG, you must come by and help me pack!

And how are you doing in this heat. Isn't it something else?

Anne x
01-Aug-07, 23:49
went with air transit all be it in 2001 8 days after 9/11 really long delay at glasgow awful awful flight even phoned travel agent in thurso to return with someone else no avail return was ok but never again

Air Canada or zoom family have just been over and travelled KLM great service nephews came globespan and ok
going over 2008 will update :)

sandyr
03-Aug-07, 16:29
Hi again,
Over the past years, and in particular the past 16 months, I traveled quite a bit to and from Scotland, whether its was from Toronto/ London/ Inverness and return, or to Glasgow and return, and one has to be flexible. Most of the flights were late, other than traveling East where on one occasion we got into LHR 60 minutes early, as we had a 100 mph tail wind.
Just a further suggestion.... if you are traveling... e.g from Inverness/ London/ Toronto or other parts of Canada or the United States, it is better to book them all back to back with the same carrier system. That way if the initial flight is late getting in, you can get on the next plane out. If you book them individually with different airlines (and sometimes it is quite a bit cheaper to do it that way), you may miss your connection and the chances are that you will have to buy another full fare, likely at an inflated price. People have been badly burned with this, espectially I with understand with the 'so called cheapies'!
Just remember some of the newer planes are called Airbuses, and they really are a BUS! And I do remember that in Caithness, many years ago the buses were sometimes late........
For what it's worth! sandyr

Anne x
03-Aug-07, 16:40
We stayed at The Rosedale on Robson Street Vancouver very central and very good

good luck with flights :)
Ax

Alice in Blunderland
03-Aug-07, 18:37
(yes - I am in Canada at this very moment!!!)

Hee Hee and YES I am home alone with the kids in your house..... well if you recognise it as your house when you get back. With all the wet weather the kids have had to play somewhere sooooo sooorryyy for all the broken, marked, dented, ruined, torn things in and around the house.
But Im your sis and I know you love me :cool: