PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Wick

bekisman
28-Jul-07, 09:36
In Tesco's (Wick) yesterday chatting to a worker there, he mentioned that we might see another Tesco in Wick (Metro?), as seems that the location of the main store is outwith walking distance for a litre of milk and a loaf of bread for those without vehicles, and we might also have heard that some Somerfield stores are being sold off..?
Additionally seems that the Tesco delivery folk are looking into getting a larger vehicle so that Bettyhill is covered by their service..

We shall watch this 'possible' development with interest

johno
28-Jul-07, 12:26
Dont know about Sommerfield ,but another Tesco in wick. would,nt that be an expensive way for Peter to pay Paul, so to speak.
Cant see it myself.:confused

laguna2
28-Jul-07, 13:56
Thought the rumour on here was that the Tesco Extra was for Thurso?

macca
28-Jul-07, 18:21
well if the management in tescos are to be believed they are going to be taking tescos through to thurso as a metro store and that came from a good source

Riffman
28-Jul-07, 22:36
And would make a lot more sense.

divanp75
28-Jul-07, 23:15
Would like to see the current tescos complete before they start antoher. When are the wind turbines going to be fixed????????????????

Diane

bagpuss
28-Jul-07, 23:22
Tesco never build one store in isolation- when they put up one large store there are usually at least 3 metro shops in a 20 mile radius.

Husband has this from the horse's mouth

anneoctober
28-Jul-07, 23:35
Tesco never build one store in isolation- when they put up one large store there are usually at least 3 metro shops in a 20 mile radius.

Husband has this from the horse's mouth

Orgers, can you explain "metro" store for the sake of a dumb blonde?:eek:

WeeBurd
28-Jul-07, 23:52

It's a baby one - a smaller store (generally in town centres), where you can grab your milk/loaf etc... saves you being lulled into the shopping traps of the huge stores!:D

Riffman
29-Jul-07, 00:33
Would like to see the current tescos complete before they start antoher. When are the wind turbines going to be fixed????????????????

Diane

Probably when they discover how to make turbine blades out of unobtainium that will be strong enough to stand caithness winds.

Fran
29-Jul-07, 01:43
I thought Tesco got planning permission recently to build an additional building next door for furniture etc.etc.

anneoctober
29-Jul-07, 12:30
It's a baby one - a smaller store (generally in town centres), where you can grab your milk/loaf etc... saves you being lulled into the shopping traps of the huge stores!:D
Y would they WANT to lure me away from stores , full of bright shiney new things ?? Y weeburd, Y ??:lol:

Loafer
02-Aug-07, 09:43
In Tesco's (Wick) yesterday chatting to a worker there, he mentioned that we might see another Tesco in Wick (Metro?), as seems that the location of the main store is outwith walking distance for a litre of milk and a loaf of bread for those without vehicles, and we might also have heard that some Somerfield stores are being sold off..?
Additionally seems that the Tesco delivery folk are looking into getting a larger vehicle so that Bettyhill is covered by their service..

Rather than an additional shop, I have heard stories from equally good sources that Tesco may "downgrade" as they are not making anywhere near their targets in Wick....

The Loafer

bekisman
02-Aug-07, 09:50
we'll have to watch this space!

jsherris
02-Aug-07, 10:38
Rather than an additional shop, I have heard stories from equally good sources that Tesco may "downgrade" as they are not making anywhere near their targets in Wick....

The Loafer

Ah, but we've not moved there just yet - Tesco should see a hike in profits once we arrive - although if I shop online I spend a LOT less money by not getting suckered into buying all the nice bright items on display at our local superstore..... altho sometimes my fingers have been known to 'slip' when accessing the 'add an item' button! :lol:

scotty_mags
02-Aug-07, 14:58
Down here we have 4 "types" of Tesco store.....

Tesco - normal run of the mill supermarket.....

Tesco Extra - Larger store with more stock on offer ,furniture, bedding, clothes etc

Tesco Metro - Smaller store, usually in town centres, handy for workers lunches and town visitors, only has basic stock....

Tesco Express - Attached to the likes of BP Garages etc, in place of the normal garage shops, stocks smae items just at Tesco proces...

Penelope Pitstop
03-Aug-07, 14:23

I usually find that the Metro stores are dearer?? Anyone else find that??

Not sure how it would work in Thurso if it was dearer....

What we really need in Thurso is cheaper petrol.......please!! :(

psyberyeti
03-Aug-07, 19:01

A Tesco van delivering to Bettyhill would be great. But are they going to deliver the petrol as well with the groceries??;) Surely it's too farr (no pun intended) to make it worth their while.
psyberyeti