PDA

View Full Version : Who are your favourite posters?

crayola
28-Jul-07, 01:37
Who are your favourite posters? Who makes you smile? Who makes you think 'I wish I'd said that' or 'I wish I'd thought of that'? Who is thought provoking and makes you reconsider your position?

I was intending to start a poll but I didn't know which members to put on the list. Let us know whose posts you like and perhaps we could have a poll with those names that appear most.

I'll start the ball rolling with a few I've seen posting today.

Gleeber, tubthumper, angela, karia, scotsboy.

There are a whole host of others I like but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Echidna
28-Jul-07, 02:00
I luv Johnno's jokes...guaranteed for a real belly laugh...thnx mate:D

trinkie
28-Jul-07, 09:39
Crayola my dear, I dont think this is a very good idea, although I do appreciate your good intentions.
There are people here of all ages and experiences, some perhaps a wee bit old and dotty, others new to the game.
This is a forum not a competition and I would hate folk to feel they are being judged. We want all to join in and do their thing, remembering always to keep Caithness to the fore, I think that was the original idea.

There are other ways to show your appreciation here.

Best wishes to you - and do pop in for a cup of tea when you are next passing my door.
Trinkie

fred
28-Jul-07, 09:50
Crayola my dear, I dont think this is a very good idea, although I do appreciate your good intentions.
There are people here of all ages and experiences, some perhaps a wee bit old and dotty, others new to the game.
This is a forum not a competition and I would hate folk to feel they are being judged. We want all to join in and do their thing, remembering always to keep Caithness to the fore, I think that was the original idea.

Very wise words trinkie.

Forums are for looking out at the world not inwards at themselves.

Angela
28-Jul-07, 10:00
Trinkie and fred, I agree with you.

I'm genuinely pleased to appear on crayola's shortlist for yesterday! :) But I do think it's best to show appreciation through good rep, PMs, or supporting the poster on an individual thread.

Bearing in mind that we can appreciate people's posts without necessarily agreeing with their opinions on specific issues! ;)

laguna2
28-Jul-07, 10:35

Best wishes to you - and do pop in for a cup of tea when you are next passing my door.
Trinkie

Nice idea Trinkie, meant with the best intentions - but I agree that a poll may not be wise.

Lolabelle
28-Jul-07, 10:45

Trinkie

I'm with Trinkie on this, I think it would cause all manner of trouble to enter into having any comment on a fellow orger. I didn't even want to read through the thread incase no one put me as one they liked. :~(

Tristan
28-Jul-07, 10:46
Very wise words trinkie.

Very good point and I agree with the other posters that a poll is not a good idea.

porshiepoo
28-Jul-07, 11:00
Oh what the heck! It's only an opinion and it's not as if we're saying we don't like anyone we don't mention.

I personally usually read threads by Gleeber, Crayola, Rheghead, DrSzin, Lolabelle, Canuck. To name just a few.

Obviously it can depend on what threads are on the board at any time, and of course I love you all!

porshiepoo
28-Jul-07, 11:05
Who are your favourite posters? Who makes you smile? Who makes you think 'I wish I'd said that' or 'I wish I'd thought of that'? Who is thought provoking and makes you reconsider your position?

I was intending to start a poll but I didn't know which members to put on the list. Let us know whose posts you like and perhaps we could have a poll with those names that appear most.

I'll start the ball rolling with a few I've seen posting today.

Gleeber, tubthumper, angela, karia, scotsboy.

There are a whole host of others I like but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Come on guys, re-read what Crayola is asking here - she's not asking you to say who you like and don't like. She's just asking for your thoughts on which posters over time have become favourites, made you think outside the box maybe or just interests you. She's not asking for do and don't like lists.

Crayola dearie - A poll? Seriously?? Or was that just another one of your wicked ways to start panic among orgers worrying about whether they'll make the top ten or not? ;) :lol:

NickInTheNorth
28-Jul-07, 11:05
I love my own posts but read all the others to get a nice balanced view :D

Angela
28-Jul-07, 11:12
Brings back unwelcome memories of being picked last for team sports at school!! :roll:[para]

karia
28-Jul-07, 11:20
Brings back unwelcome memories of being picked last for team sports at school!!

Yup! It's a popularity contest and will inevitably be divisive and hurtful.................Remember people have long memories when wounded.:(

Karia

gleeber
28-Jul-07, 11:42
Very wise words trinkie.

Who says?
For many of us this medium of contact is the first time we have aired our views to others and very often its the first time many of us realised we had some authentic views about the world we live in.
I know from many of the posts I read on here that people are drawn to the forums on the org like others may be drawn to their favourite social pastime.
This is a social document and a cultural history of a moment in time and we are all responsible for its ups and downs. There are no stars. Only ordinary people showing extraordinary ability to express themselves over a number of issues.
Alas I also agree with Trinkie. People have too many hidden childhood fears like Angelas induced shame when it came to sports. I have similar wants and needs and so does everybody else including Percy who although he says he does'nt care I dont believe him.
Sometimes it's easy to forget that the forums are made up of flesh and blood, because of the apparent confidence of the posts we are reading.
That being said my favourite poster is Percy. ;)

fred
28-Jul-07, 12:05
Who says?

A veteran of many flame wars who has seen forums die.

Lolabelle
28-Jul-07, 12:14
I love the org, and everyone on it. The people and posts are what make it what it is. I don't always agree with what everyone says, but that makes it interesting. ;)
As for my favourites, well, you know who you are. hh,hh.

laguna2
28-Jul-07, 14:00
Well said Lolabelle. I may not "love" everyone - but I respect most. Like you I will keep my favourites to myself :)

MadPict
28-Jul-07, 16:17

Did you get any medals for those wars?

horseman
28-Jul-07, 19:34
Who says?
For many of us this medium of contact is the first time we have aired our views to others and very often its the first time many of us realised we had some authentic views about the world we live in.
I know from many of the posts I read on here that people are drawn to the forums on the org like others may be drawn to their favourite social pastime.
This is a social document and a cultural history of a moment in time and we are all responsible for its ups and downs. There are no stars. Only ordinary people showing extraordinary ability to express themselves over a number of issues.
Alas I also agree with Trinkie. People have too many hidden childhood fears like Angelas induced shame when it came to sports. I have similar wants and needs and so does everybody else including Percy who although he says he does'nt care I dont believe him.
Sometimes it's easy to forget that the forums are made up of flesh and blood, because of the apparent confidence of the posts we are reading.
That being said my favourite poster is Percy. ;)

gleeber,I don't think a wordsmith, could have put it more eloquently.Very well said an P is allways worth a look, along with everyone else of course:D

Kenn
28-Jul-07, 22:51
My favourite posters are those who make me laugh, think,share their time and experience and generally display the sort of concern for thier fellow man that is both considered and thoughtful.

crayola
29-Jul-07, 01:33
The poll idea was not a non-starter to be honest and the favourite posters thing was me being inquisitive. I'll go with the flow and make this my last post on this thread.

Oddquine
29-Jul-07, 02:41
My favourite posters tend to be those who often make me want to clout them........Rheghead, Percy, Jaws and Golach to name but four.............I love a good argument...........and now I've flitted and settled, I'll be having more of them..........I hope!

golach
01-Aug-07, 22:44
My favourite posters tend to be those who often make me want to clout them........Rheghead, Percy, Jaws and Golach to name but four.............I love a good argument...........and now I've flitted and settled, I'll be having more of them..........I hope!
Wow Oddquine, I never knew you felt so strongly, if I had known you were partial to a bit of S&M, I might have let you clout me....but only gently mind, :lol:

JAWS
02-Aug-07, 01:15
That ain't going to happen here despite a few people's best efforts.

golach
02-Aug-07, 08:44
Totally agree with you there Jaws

Ricco
02-Aug-07, 12:01
I must say that I agree that a poll would not be the best route to follow. However, I do feel that personally I cannot choose any favourites - every orger has their own unique style and personality... thank goodness!

Some are controversial, some are funny, some show great talents as poets, photographers, some come up with stimulating ideas, etc. Sorry, can't choose! :eek:

canuck
02-Aug-07, 14:08
When you get past the typing challenges and the unorthodox writing styles, the regulars in the music section can be quite fun to read.

fred
02-Aug-07, 14:55

Maybe so.

But I seem to remember when I wasn't around for a while you managed to get pretty damn close.

paris
02-Aug-07, 15:01
Me, well i love every ones posts! some make me mad , some make me smile, but it doesn't mean i dislike ANYONE, we all have different opinions on life whatever the questions are . Jan x:D

mareng
02-Aug-07, 15:20
My all-time favourite poster is the one of "Farrah Fawcet" (or maybe that one of the female tennis player scratching her bare bum :)

Had them on my bedroom wall at school

Tristan
02-Aug-07, 17:39
My all-time favourite poster is the one of "Farrah Fawcet" (or maybe that one of the female tennis player scratching her bare bum :)

Had them on my bedroom wall at school

Two very famous posters, the second has been parodied numerous times over the years.

Ash
02-Aug-07, 19:17
im not at all trying to be a suck up but i love everyones posts!

dont agree with them all but this is what makes the org what it is!

Big Jean
03-Aug-07, 01:08
im not at all trying to be a suck up but i love everyones posts!

dont agree with them all but this is what makes the org what it is!

You are so right Ash . There is always something of interest to be found in the posts, and whether we agree or not is up to ourselves . I certainly enjoy reading them all .

Victoria
03-Aug-07, 09:16
victoria is my favourite poster, I agree with eveything she says...

Lolabelle
03-Aug-07, 09:41
victoria is my favourite poster, I agree with eveything she says...

Good One Victoria I agree with you!! [lol]

northener
04-Aug-07, 08:37
I'm with NickInTheNorth, Lolabelle and Victoria on this one, as I am always right and agree with myself most of the time.

Good Forum, good posters - good fun!