PDA

View Full Version : How to tell what sex a kitten is?

Thumper
27-Jul-07, 19:44
Hi can anyone give me a few tips on how to tell what sex my new kitten is?We thought it was a she and then my son looked on the internet and now thinks she is a he!Any tips would be great!Thanks x

Dadie
27-Jul-07, 19:57
easy!
ask at the vets when you take her/him for their jags and wormers .. you will have to do one or the other soon enough anyway

buggyracer
27-Jul-07, 19:59
i dont know how to word this without being crude, but one will have 2 bums the other one, im sure you can work it out? :/

just lift its tail up and look.

Dadie
27-Jul-07, 20:15
by the time its easier to tell the kitten wont like getting turned upside down and its bits looked at scratches and teeth marks will be had..thats why i found it easier to ask when at the vets when we had kittens then the scratches are not on you!:lol:

corgiman
27-Jul-07, 20:18
does this help?
http://www.kitten-rescue.com/sexing_the_kitten.html

corgiman
27-Jul-07, 20:24
here is a good one
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64348&page=2

Thumper
27-Jul-07, 20:51
Hi guys thanks for all the help!Still can't tell one way or the other so I will just wait to see what the vet says....kitten now giving me a wide berth as everytime it comes near I pick it up to have a look :D

Lolabelle
28-Jul-07, 07:02
Hi guys thanks for all the help!Still can't tell one way or the other so I will just wait to see what the vet says....kitten now giving me a wide berth as everytime it comes near I pick it up to have a look :D

LOL, I wonder why????:eek:

Thumper
28-Jul-07, 11:06
On the brightside Lolabelle I now have an amazingly well trained kitten that "sits" whenever I get near it :D Think I better get it in to the vets asap cos I can't call it Daphne when it should be Dan...poor thing is confused enough as it is ;) x

Thumper
28-Aug-07, 12:03
Well guys I finally got my kitten sexed....it's a boy!Good job we settled for a unisex name in the first place :D x