PDA

View Full Version : Jazz or blues

Gleber2
27-Jul-07, 16:12
Anyone who is interested in playing jazz or blues at an open mike situation should come to The Y Not on the 4th August for the Derek Mosedale Memorial Bash. Particularly interested in trad players. All proceeds go to Oxfam.

The Pepsi Challenge
27-Jul-07, 17:16
I'm off to see the Jacques Loussier Trio on Monday. If he's got a day off on the 4th, I'll be sure to send him up on the Inverness-Thurso train.

fred
28-Jul-07, 10:28
Anyone who is interested in playing jazz or blues at an open mike situation should come to The Y Not on the 4th August for the Derek Mosedale Memorial Bash. Particularly interested in trad players. All proceeds go to Oxfam.

Anyone without a proper name for the occasion can use the following lists to create one.

(Shamelessly stolen from http://www.allmanbrothersband.com)

From the first list, take the name using the initial of your first name. From the second list, do the same with your middle name. From the third, your surname.

First List
A=Fat; B=Muddy ; C=Crippled; D=Old; E=Texas; F=Hollerin'; G=Ugly; H=Brown; I=Happy; J=Boney; K=Curly; L=Pretty; M=Jailhouse; N=Peg Leg; O=Red; P=Sleepy; Q=Bald; R=Skinny; S=Blind; T=Big; U=Yella; V=Toothless; W=Screamin'; X=Fat Boy; Y=Washboard; Z=Steel-Eye

Second List
A=Bones; B=Money; C=Harp; D=Legs; E=Eyes; F=Lemon; G=Killer; H=Hips; I=Lips; J=Fingers; K=Boy; L=Liver; M=Gumbo; N=Foot; O=Mama; P=Back; Q=Duke; R=Dog; S=Bad Boy; T=Baby; U=Chicken; V=Pickles; W=Sugar; X=Cracker; Y=Tooth; Z=Smoke

Third List
A=Jackson; B=McGee; C=Hopkins; D=Dupree; E=Green; F=Brown; G=Jones; H=Rivers; I=Malone; J=Washington; K=Smith; L=Parker; M=Lee; N=Thompkins; O=King; P=Bradley; Q=Hawkins; R=Jefferson; S=Davis; T=Franklin; U=White; V=Jenkins; W=Bailey; X=Johnson; Y=Blue; Z=Allison

Gleber2
28-Jul-07, 12:22
Anyone without a proper name for the occasion can use the following lists to create one.

(Shamelessly stolen from http://www.allmanbrothersband.com)

What do you call yourself, Hollerin ??? ???. After all you play a mean piano.:)

fred
28-Jul-07, 12:41
What do you call yourself, Hollerin ??? ???. After all you play a mean piano.:)

Well not having a middle initial I will take the liberty of choosing my own middle name from the list and be Hollerin Liver Hopkins.

What would your middle name be Boney Davies?

Gleber2
28-Jul-07, 13:33
Well not having a middle initial I will take the liberty of choosing my own middle name from the list and be Hollerin Liver Hopkins.

What would your middle name be Boney Davies?
Boney Killer Davies at your service!!!!:)

moncur
28-Jul-07, 19:50
Lol Im Skinny Bones Lee!

the_big_mac
28-Jul-07, 20:18
Lol Im Skinny Bones Lee!

Argh, im Skinny Foot Lee!

And Cal would be Crippled Killer Lee!

And Andrew would be Fat Gumbo Lee!

And we aint related.

zebedy
28-Jul-07, 20:37
boney gumbo lee

haha

Chobbersjnr
28-Jul-07, 23:28
Hmmmm I got 2 mid names

Happy Legs Davis

or HAHAHA

Happy Fingers Davis

Happy Legs Fingers Davis:cool:

Deemac
28-Jul-07, 23:34
Old Harp Lee . . . . . !! (Well the first part ain't too far off):D

Tubthumper
29-Jul-07, 00:20
Muddy Fingers Dupree!
With that name I could go a long way!

Metalattakk
29-Jul-07, 04:24
I'd be Curly Bones Lee.

How I'd justify the curly bones I have no idea...

Anyway, the best Name Generator has to be the Ramones one:

http://www.flapjackempire.com/ramones/

:D

cullbucket
31-Jul-07, 03:06
If the question is "Jazz or Blues" my answer would have to be Blues....
Paul Ramone

guitarzan
31-Jul-07, 10:20
ugly fingers davis

nice

Saveman
31-Jul-07, 18:47
Texas Bad Boy Hopkins..........at your service.....

mostlyharmless
31-Jul-07, 23:08
Well some of our stuff could be described as Jazz Blues, but at the risk of sounding ignorant what and where is the Y and... open mic situation?
[Dave Stuart-Graham Maharg]

Chobbersjnr
31-Jul-07, 23:28
Well some of our stuff could be described as Jazz Blues, but at the risk of sounding ignorant what and where is the Y and... open mic situation?
[Dave Stuart-Graham Maharg]

Y Not is a bar and grill accross from the Co-op. Open mike means that audience members can perform. Derek had a lot of musician friends and we hope that a fair number will turn up.

Deemac
01-Aug-07, 08:14
Is that in the car park then Chobbers? (Ooops sorry!!!)

The Y Not (dreadful name it has to be said) used to be called the "Redwood" ajoined at the hip to the "Grove Lounge Bar".

mostlyharmless
01-Aug-07, 16:00
Thanks for that didnt know they'd changed the name... what equipment is there to use? We have keyboard,guitar and pa sytems what do we bring?

tierce-de-picardie
01-Aug-07, 17:29
hmm i like jazz very much and blues hmm hmm

Chobbersjnr
01-Aug-07, 21:34
Thanks for that didnt know they'd changed the name... what equipment is there to use? We have keyboard,guitar and pa sytems what do we bring?

well you won't need to bring any PA & TBH it's an open mike that is only a part of a programme that includes 2 bands & CD archives of Dereks past bands. So you're only talking about 2 songs pending on who comes up from the audience. I know of a few that are talking about it

the gig starting at nine will no doubt end at 12:45-1am & going on a rough guide I'd reckon that the open mike set will be approximately 45mins-1hour