PDA

View Full Version : Derek Mosedale Memorial Gig

JC_Weeg
27-Jul-07, 12:46
Hi folks

Some of you may know this already, but we (Derek's family and friends) are having a wee memorial gig celebrating the life of former Thurso resident and jazz musician Derek Mosedale, who died last summer. The event is on Saturday 4th August at Y Not in Thurso.

There'll be live music from Derek's long-time musical collaborator Mr J Fats and others; and an open mic session for anyone who wants to jam, as well as a healthy representation of stuff from House of Jade.

It's eight til late next Saturday, so if you remember Mr Mo, or like good music, please come along. Charitable donation on the door to Derek's favourite charity Oxfam. See you there!

Gleber2
27-Jul-07, 13:35
Hi folks

Some of you may know this already, but we (Derek's family and friends) are having a wee memorial gig celebrating the life of former Thurso resident and jazz musician Derek Mosedale, who died last summer. The event is on Saturday 4th August at Y Not in Thurso.

There'll be live music from Derek's long-time musical collaborator Mr J Fats and others; and an open mic session for anyone who wants to jam, as well as a healthy representation of stuff from House of Jade.

It's eight til late next Saturday, so if you remember Mr Mo, or like good music, please come along. Charitable donation on the door to Derek's favourite charity Oxfam. See you there!

Should be an interesting night's music with all sorts of people coming to play.
Blues, trad and modern jazz with a bit of luck. Hoping for a big turnout. They don't make characters like Derek any more.

JC_Weeg
29-Jul-07, 17:22
Should be an interesting night's music with all sorts of people coming to play.
Blues, trad and modern jazz with a bit of luck. Hoping for a big turnout. They don't make characters like Derek any more.

They certainly don't. The line-up of people playing looks great, so we hope you can all come along.

[Not that this post was a blatant attempt to get this thread to the top of the forum again. Oh no. No siree. No way.]

Tubthumper
29-Jul-07, 17:28
I was always impressed by Derek's contribution to the House of Jade. Perhaps you can tell me who else from the group will be contributing?

Sporran
29-Jul-07, 17:57
What a great idea! Wish I could be there too, but I live too far away, I'm afraid. Sounds like a very promising night, with the kind of music I enjoy! :cool:

JC_Weeg
30-Jul-07, 17:15
I was always impressed by Derek's contribution to the House of Jade. Perhaps you can tell me who else from the group will be contributing?

Heh - now you've got me. There was an attempt made to bring the remaining members together but they're scattered to the winds! I believe at least one or two of them will be there, but don't wish to speak on their behalf. There will, at the very least, be House of Jade recordings being played in addition to the live bill.

Gleber2
30-Jul-07, 17:39
Bobby Davis is not coming and Stuart C had to return to Vienna. Duncan will be there and I hope David the bass player will also make an appearance. Beyond that, who can tell??

Boozeburglar
31-Jul-07, 00:51
I just have to add that this guy was a really warm human being.

Last time I saw him was at Dunbar Hospital in 2001 or so, and we had a conversation about Dave, his son. I can only wonder at the humanity of this man, especially for letting Bobby play the guitar, lol!

A true legend, long may he be remembered.

:)

Torvaig
04-Aug-07, 07:57
Hi folks

Just to remind everone, this event is on tonight, 4th August at Y Not in Thurso.

Lindsey Crum
16-Aug-09, 17:54
Just found this message. I always recall how Derek encouraged me when I was involved in RLSS activities. He used to transport us to competions all over the country. Great guy, sadly missed. Lindsey Ross (nee Crum)