PDA

View Full Version : Good Cheer!

karia
26-Jul-07, 13:59
Hi Guys,

What's your preferred method for cheering yourself up?

Shoes & shopping? Champagne & caviar? Popcorn & a good movie?

How do you 'delete the doldrums'? :D

Karia

obiron
26-Jul-07, 14:36
being a cheery person anyway what makes me even happier is getting shoes cheap and buying handbags.

Victoria
26-Jul-07, 14:43
deffinately buying new clothes, shoes and bags! hahah!

my other half normally does a good job of cheering me if I'm down too - bless him.

A couple of weeks ago I was really stressed out with work, being unwell as well as having my RHS exams to revise for and do. The day before my exam he came home from work with a huge bunch of flowers and loads of lovely food.:)

Sorry if anyone has just thrown up their lunch![lol]

Thumper
26-Jul-07, 14:53
Oh dear we are all sooo predictable...mines shoes too :D mind you I must need cheering up a lot cos I have over 60 pairs :) x

floyed
26-Jul-07, 14:56
What always cheers me up when i am down is a cuddle, nothing else just a bit of love ahhhh:D

johno
26-Jul-07, 14:59
Mrs Johno Is Usually Cheery Anyway, But Buying Something For Herself Is A Sure Way To Put A Bigger Smile On Her Face. ;)

changilass
26-Jul-07, 16:08
A great big hug from the wee man is sure to put a smile on my face.

seren
26-Jul-07, 16:10
knitting or a good hike to blow the cobwebs away.
bliss to me is having the tv to myself for a night with no-one else pinching the remote control.
i'm easily pleased :Razz

DarkAngel
26-Jul-07, 16:21
Mine is Defo clothes shopping..Nothin better to cheer you up than some lovely new clothes!!!

jings00
26-Jul-07, 16:57
ma wee dug cheers me up, cos he is such a plamf sometimes. and a good walk wi the dog is also a good cheerer up.
or a natter and cuppa wi mates, that is good for a cheerup too.

Liz
26-Jul-07, 18:02
ma wee dug cheers me up, cos he is such a plamf sometimes. and a good walk wi the dog is also a good cheerer up.

Same here Jings00. My dog Benjy is such a wee character and makes me smile everyday. Even if I don't feel like it!:lol:

Torvaig
26-Jul-07, 18:56

Same here; nothing like the company of genuine friends and/or dogs! Music works as well...

changilass
26-Jul-07, 18:59
Mine is Defo clothes shopping..Nothin better to cheer you up than some lovely new clothes!!!

I HATE shopping, wether it is for food or clothing, have to admit since the wee man came to stay (6 months ago), I now like shoping for stuff for him, his little face when he gets something new is priceless, and it don't matter wether its clothes or toys, he just loves having things of his own.

cuddlepop
26-Jul-07, 19:39
Going for a walk especially along the coast with the dogs alwas make's me better.

Its even better if the winds howling and the waves are crashing.
sheer bliss,roll on the winter.:D

candyfloss
26-Jul-07, 22:42
A lovely long walk or
a nice glass of wine and a good film that'll me me laugh :D

Jeemag_USA
26-Jul-07, 22:49
Beer, Pizza and a good movie and afterwards some rumpy pumpy.

Lolabelle
26-Jul-07, 22:53
I am partial to a bit of fudge, from the nearby chocolate factory. And going on the amount of new clothes I keep needing to buy, I must be cheering myself with this fudge abit too much. :p [smirk]

karia
26-Jul-07, 23:03
Beer, Pizza and a good movie and afterwards some rumpy pumpy.

Oh yeah, rumpy pumpy after beer and pizza, always a good idea!:roll:

karia

Jeemag_USA
26-Jul-07, 23:05

karia

I have tried it during beer, pizza and a movie, but it gets kind of messie and the dog jumps up on the bed because he thinks we are fighting [lol]

Lolabelle
26-Jul-07, 23:07

karia

Yeah, could cause "Heevie hovie, up she comsie" :eek:

karia
26-Jul-07, 23:08
I have tried it during beer, pizza and a movie, but it gets kind of messie and the dog jumps up on the bed because he thinks we are fighting [lol]

Pure class!;)

Karia

connieb19
26-Jul-07, 23:09
He's probably wondering when he's gonna get his bit......of pizza. ;)

helenwyler
26-Jul-07, 23:16
Oh yeah, rumpy pumpy after beer and pizza, always a good idea!

karia

Now your talking:lol:! Shopping's never done it for me, no dogs to walk, don't have a sweet tooth...

I'd say rumpy pumpy after a good mellow red wine and... oh well, anything really.

Or failing that a siesta often does the trick!

karia
26-Jul-07, 23:20
Now your talking:lol:! Shopping's never done it for me, no dogs to walk, don't have a sweet tooth...

I'd say rumpy pumpy after a good mellow red wine and... oh well, anything really.

Or failing that a siesta often does the trick!

They all go so well together!;)

Karia

Rheghead
27-Jul-07, 00:32
Hi Guys,

What's your preferred method for cheering yourself up?

By beating an unsuspecting local at either chess or pool for their quoted stake of money.:evil

anneoctober
27-Jul-07, 03:55
Simple pleasures...like having the WHOLE bed to myself when hubby out of county for cars !!! :lol:

Razz
27-Jul-07, 11:47
Going for a ride on my horse, the peace, scenery soon cheers me up. Or taking my dogs for a walk along the beach, Floyd the youngest dog normally does something really stupid which makes you laugh.

Dadie
27-Jul-07, 19:49
A hot deep bath full of bubbles with a bottle of cold white wine , a good book and the peace to enjoy it (chocolate optional)...using my big toe to regulate the hot water tap ..pure bliss!!

karia
27-Jul-07, 19:59
Hi Folks,

I love driving really fast with the windows down and something upbeat on the stereo,....chases my blues away!:D

Worst thing is if OH plays random sombre and melancholy tracks, which I cannot hear the lyrics of and just turn into a 'dirge',......:(

Driving time should be 'happy' time.

Karia

Riffman
27-Jul-07, 20:54
Grab the gear (cameras) and head out for a long walk. Get some awesome photos then head back and put them on the forums. It usually cheers me up when I realise how much better my photos are than some others..... ;)

Usually grab a movie and a cold cider as well, mmmmm!

chocolatechip
27-Jul-07, 21:49
If i am a bit down i like to listen to my classical music cd or hot steaming bath with loads and loads of bubbles with a box of my fav chox:D

percy toboggan
27-Jul-07, 22:55
What a good thread.
I'm seldom 'down' but often combative. When I'm in such a mood I write. Challenging the torpor which so abounds these days really massages my fluency. Now that face to face debating clubs have largely died out down here the internet is an acceptable substitute. I do find Scottish based groups the most challenging - the standards of literacy are simply the best. (I only speak English I'm afraid)

Being fed up is no excuse for feeling sorry for onself though. If the symptoms persist and become serious then no amount of writing, music, fast driving or bolocks of chocolate will satisfy. Get help.

crayola
28-Jul-07, 01:22
I go on a night flight with ma girlie pals. Brooms at the ready girls!

crayola
28-Jul-07, 01:27
If the symptoms persist and become serious then no amount of writing, music, fast driving or bolocks of chocolate will satisfy. Get help.Yes, get help asap. I know we girlies often turn to the sweet brown bar in times of distress, but I've never been satisifed by bolocks of chocolate however fast the man drives and however sweet the music is. :roll:

paris
28-Jul-07, 08:53
A trip to the garden centre always cheers me up especially when i come home with something ! Oh and chocolate, lots of it . jan x:lol:

helenwyler
28-Jul-07, 09:36
I find belting out a good song a reliable upper, though have learnt over the years that this is a practice best indulged when alone[lol].

Something to do with oxygen to the blood maybe...?

Also a good scrape on my battered old cello is very therapeutic, and strangely enough receives fewer howls of derision than the singing:rolleyes:!

percy toboggan
28-Jul-07, 15:16
Also a good scrape on my battered old cello is very therapeutic, and strangely enough receives fewer howls of derision than the singing:rolleyes:!

The cello is probably the second most emotion inspiring stringed instrument. I dunno how well you play it but to play it well.....what a gift!
I'm almost sorry now you find me obnoxious.

horseman
28-Jul-07, 21:16
The cello is probably the second most emotion inspiring stringed instrument. I dunno how well you play it but to play it well.....what a gift!
I'm almost sorry now you find me obnoxious.

No a bad 'bango' long way behind the 'fiddle' of course-but second string to the 'Grand Banana' an why should'ent she find you obnoxious?You'v earned it:)