PDA

View Full Version : hospital parking

seren
25-Jul-07, 20:35
does the hospital in wick charge for parking?

Dadie
25-Jul-07, 20:39
no it doesnt charge but sometimes it is easier to park by the libary less walking and more space..

DarkAngel
25-Jul-07, 20:55
No they dont charge parking!

I wrote a letter and complained about the hospital parking..As its mostly all the staff that use it..Can never get a space!!!

I also parked at the library one day as i couldnt get a parking space at the hospital..Was 40+ weeks pregnant was goin to see the gynae for one of my anit-natal appointments..Low and behold i came out and there was a parking ticket on my car..My back wheels were parked on the line...Not the whole car!!

NickInTheNorth
25-Jul-07, 21:14
having had very little experience of the parking there I can only say how good we have found it. each time we have been we have managed to park without problem. Yes it has been busy, but have got parked each time. And free too. Much better than our experience in Fort William :D

celtchicky
25-Jul-07, 21:41
staff use it til park thur cars!!! nout wrong wi at a say, aint at wot its for??? where else are they meant til park lek?

one fing tho is, it aint big enough an thur aint enough disabled parking spaces for the people that require it. its a long walk for alot of people, esp if they cant even get a space

:(

DarkAngel
25-Jul-07, 22:30
one fing tho is, it aint big enough an thur aint enough disabled parking spaces for the people that require it. its a long walk for alot of people, esp if they cant even get a space

I agree..but what annoys me more is people that park in the disabled parking bay without no disabled badge...Ive seen alot of people just park init an they are not disabled or have anyone with them who is!!

Yes more parking spaces would be handy!

Torvaig
25-Jul-07, 22:36
I find it easier to park in one of the town carparks and take a taxi to the hospital; you get dropped off near the door; very handy for the not so fit.

BRIE
26-Jul-07, 11:00
seren you will be pleased to know that most of caithness is free parking!
& that the places that do charge are alot cheaper than England:D

seren
26-Jul-07, 11:04
sounds good to me - we have to pay 90p and hour for parking which can add up to a lot if you're in there for several clinics a week like we've been in the past. our son has a disabled badge so he doesn't pay when he goes but the rest of the family does. what adds insult to injury is we live a stones throw from the hospital but there's no safe way of walking there, so there's no choice but to drive or pay a fortune on the bus just to drive round the corner :roll:

BRIE
26-Jul-07, 11:12
the last time I was in england i took my sister to preston hospital it cost me £5 to park I was disgusted!!

johno
26-Jul-07, 14:56
[quote=celtchicky;247044]staff use it til park thur cars!!! nout wrong wi at a say, aint at wot its for??? where else are they meant til park lek?

True the staff do have to park their car,s BUT they could park at the back, most of them go in early enough in the am that there are plenty of spaces there. :roll: