PDA

View Full Version : LiLo - is this deja vue?

Ricco
25-Jul-07, 12:15
I have just been watching the ITV news and they were heavily featuring yet another spoiled American personality. A brave judge and a braver cop jailed Paris Hilton for exactly the same crimes. Why are we having to suffer hours of 'poor LiLo' and 'LiLo's family are devastated' news features.

Who cares?! Too young, too rich, too immature, too over-exposed with fame. Oh, how the mighty are fallen.

Am I alone in feeling that there should be a news embargo on this kind of feature?

NickInTheNorth
25-Jul-07, 12:22
totally agree there should be an embargo. Fortunately for me I don't have a TV and I don't buy newspapers, so until you brought this trash to my attention I was in blissful ignorance.

So, why did you do it?

Lolabelle
25-Jul-07, 12:25
Who the heck is LiLo anyway, never heard of her????:confused

Liz
25-Jul-07, 12:29
Who the heck is LiLo anyway, never heard of her????:confused

Was just thinking the same thing!!:lol:

Ricco
25-Jul-07, 12:36
totally agree there should be an embargo. Fortunately for me I don't have a TV and I don't buy newspapers, so until you brought this trash to my attention I was in blissful ignorance.

So, why did you do it?

Sorry...:~(

:D

Angela
25-Jul-07, 12:55
I have just been watching the ITV news and they were heavily featuring yet another spoiled American personality. A brave judge and a braver cop jailed Paris Hilton for exactly the same crimes. Why are we having to suffer hours of 'poor LiLo' and 'LiLo's family are devastated' news features.

Who cares?! Too young, too rich, too immature, too over-exposed with fame. Oh, how the mighty are fallen.

Am I alone in feeling that there should be a news embargo on this kind of feature?

Ricco, this piece of non-news popped up on my pc...:roll: I think....would it be someone called Lindsay Lohan (or a similar name)?

Since I don't even know who she is, but gather she must be another Poor Little Rich Girl, I heartily agree that we don't need the media to feed us this drivel! :lol:

Ricco
25-Jul-07, 13:00
Was just thinking the same thing!!:lol:

Lindsay Lohan, nickname LiLo.

Liz
25-Jul-07, 13:13

Oh her!:eek: Thanks Ricco!
Afraid I am tired of hearing stories about these 'poor' spoiled brats!

Have heard that 'Lilo' has made some ridiculous monetary bet that she will 'get off' with 'Golden Balls' when he goes to LA!!!!!:lol:

badger
25-Jul-07, 13:17
Best cure for all these non-celebrities is obscurity. They're like small children doing anything to get attention so - don't give it to them. Ignore them. Maybe if everyone did that they'd go away :) . BTW, I've never heard of her either.

Angela
25-Jul-07, 13:43
Have heard that 'Lilo' has made some ridiculous monetary bet that she will 'get off' with 'Golden Balls' when he goes to LA!!!!!

Is he who I think he is, Liz? :confused

You can tell how out of the loop I am! :eek:

Lolabelle
25-Jul-07, 13:56

Ha!, her nickname should be "Dodo". Such a pack of non entities we seem to be stuck with these days.
It seems to me, that we are making celebs out of these silly girls by even being bothered by what they are up to. Well at least the media are keeping them in our faces so we haven't much choice. I have an idea, why don't we collectively not buy any magazines or papers that have stories about these silly twits.
Anyone up for it, you're excluded though, Nick in the North, as you already do this. [lol]

Liz
25-Jul-07, 14:13
Is he who I think he is, Liz? :confused

You can tell how out of the loop I am! :eek:

It's David Beckham Angela.

Did anyone see the awful Victoria Beckham 'documentary'?

Angela
25-Jul-07, 14:33
It's David Beckham Angela.

Did anyone see the awful Victoria Beckham 'documentary'?

I thought it might be, Liz! At least he has/had some talent. And no, I for one made the choice NOT to watch that particular programme. Allow me to nurture some prejudices! ;)

I wonder what percentage of news coverage goes to this infinitessimal proportion of the global population? :confused

Lolabelle
25-Jul-07, 14:36
I saw David Beckham on Parkinson. I couldn't believe he was so inarticulate. I know he is a brilliant football player, but my gosh, he hardly made sense. Just sounded a bit like a moron. Hope I don't offend anyone, but he didn't come across very well in that interview.

Elenna
25-Jul-07, 14:41
Who the heck is LiLo anyway, never heard of her????

Was just thinking the same thing!!

I have no idea who this girl is, either...I thought a lilo was a thing you blow up to lay on at the beach, or float around on in a swimming pool.

Having said that, if this Miss 'Lilo' is anything like Paris Hilton, perhaps the nickname fits...an outside made of slick, glitzy plastic, and inside nothing but air (or empty space, depending on how you look at it). :roll: :lol:

Ricco
25-Jul-07, 15:43
I have no idea who this girl is, either...I thought a lilo was a thing you blow up to lay on at the beach, or float around on in a swimming pool.

That's the one. Elenna he, he

Having said that, if this Miss 'Lilo' is anything like Paris Hilton, perhaps the nickname fits...an outside made of slick, glitzy plastic, and inside nothing but air (or empty space, depending on how you look at it). :roll: :lol:

Bang on the money with that one as well. Rty these two links for more info on plastic full of air.

http://entertainment.pipex.com/pipex/story/0,17019,8832_2614803,00.html

http://entertainment.pipex.com/pipex/story/0,17019,8832_2614804,00.html

brandy
25-Jul-07, 15:50
you think thats bad.. george bush made world news.. because he had pollops removed from his colon.. and then again when they found out it wasnt cancerous!
honestly, i do not care a bit about his bum!
why shouold the world care!
hes a pollop on teh worlds bum if you ask me!

Victoria
25-Jul-07, 16:03

It reminded me of Lilo Lil from Bread! hahahahaha

sam
25-Jul-07, 16:23
thats just who i was thinking of to Victoria:lol:

horseman
25-Jul-07, 20:30
you think thats bad.. george bush made world news.. because he had pollops removed from his colon.. and then again when they found out it wasnt cancerous!
honestly, i do not care a bit about his bum!
why shouold the world care!
hes a pollop on teh worlds bum if you ask me!

Thats not nice Brandy!But obviously relevant to you, you being an american an all.
Must say thou'it is not my view of gw bush, but then i am a jock so what do I know?
Na sorry brandy,that is far too simplistic, doesen't even compute. Easier to say I am not in full agreement with your funny!:(

Lolabelle
26-Jul-07, 10:01
Thats not nice Brandy!But obviously relevant to you, you being an american an all.
Must say thou'it is not my view of gw bush, but then i am a jock so what do I know?
Na sorry brandy,that is far too simplistic, doesen't even compute. Easier to say I am not in full agreement with your funny!:(

Huh??? I don't understand what you mean here horseman. :confused

brandy
26-Jul-07, 10:15
umm neither do i?
it wasnt a funny hun.
that really did make world news, i just thought it was a bit ridiculous that it did. we have so much more going on in the world. so much more important news that needs to be spread that making it world news that GW has pollops is just silly. i could understand better if he had become gravely ill as that would have affected millions.

Angela
26-Jul-07, 10:47
Quite agree, brandy!

Obviously, like him or not, he's a much more significant figure than LiLo or other so-called celebrities, but that's just too much information, imo. :o

Hmm..maybe Lilo could just go away and lie low? (sorry, that awful pun just popped up in my head!) ;)

anneoctober
26-Jul-07, 19:00
It reminded me of Lilo Lil from Bread! hahahahaha
THAT TART...!!! was exactly who I thought off !;)[lol]

Victoria
26-Jul-07, 21:16
Hahahahahaha![lol]