PDA

View Full Version : the circus

brandy
11-Jul-05, 20:37
just wondering has anyone been yet and is it any good? would it be suitable for a 11 mnth old and two year old?

wickchick
11-Jul-05, 22:36
Hi, I am A 16 year old and I dont think it would be suitable for that age. I had my 3 year old brother there and he lost intrest just before the first half because it was all performance stuff. It was really good for older people maybe 7 up.

Hope this helps you.
Ashleigh

Gizmo
11-Jul-05, 22:47
It's fantastic, only the brain dead could fail to be highly entertained by the show that was put on, perfect family entertainment, the clown/motorbike part had me in stitches [lol]

I agree that it's probably not suitable for very young children, i saw quite a few 3 to 4 year olds getting restless and a few got upset by the loud bangs, but children over five should love it.

scorrie
11-Jul-05, 23:43
just wondering has anyone been yet and is it any good? would it be suitable for a 11 mnth old and two year old?

Just a bit of friendly advice here. There is very little in life that is actually suitable for kids that young. Kids of that age have a very short attention span and very little appreciation of what is going on. That doesn't usually stop people taking them though. How many events have you been at where the young ones end up howling the place down and spoiling it for everyone else? Give them a bit of time, they will be ready for the Circus some day.

ps the Show tonight ran from 7.45 to 10.00, a bit long for young ones I would say.

postman pat
12-Jul-05, 12:10
I had my 4 year daughter at the evenig show last night, she really enjoyed it well worth going to :D

cezzy1234
12-Jul-05, 17:26
i am taking my daughter when it comes up heare its the only thing she talks about and she is 3 and a half i would not miss it you dont get the opertunaty up heare to do much things so it will be good to go ;)

willrob
12-Jul-05, 19:37
Try one of the afternoon shows for the young ones but be prepared to leave early.
With the combination of their short attention span and the heat in the area you may just manage an hour before they break out.

Setanta
13-Jul-05, 12:22

The circus is great but I find your question fascinating. What level of understanding do you expect from an 11th month old baby which has only three primary objectives at this age….eat sleep and pooh? Give me a break maybe you meant 11 years, yip that must be it, couldn’t imagine a mother asking such a stupid question ( please God let it be a typing mistake). :roll: :eek:

laguna2
13-Jul-05, 12:30

The circus is great but I find your question fascinating. What level of understanding do you expect from an 11th month old baby which has only three primary objectives at this age….eat sleep and pooh? Give me a break maybe you meant 11 years, yip that must be it, couldn’t imagine a mother asking such a stupid question ( please God let it be a typing mistake). :roll: :eek:

I have a feeling that you are going to be disappointed Setanta, and that she did mean 11 month old :eek: Must admit I wondered at the wisdom of the question :o)

Joey
13-Jul-05, 16:07
Was at the show on momday evening and found it very entertaining. But £3 for a Candy Floss!! give us a break :roll:

brandy
14-Jul-05, 22:34
ergo the question.. wonders why does so many people have to be nasty over asking for some friendly advice? im guessing the ones that were nasty do not have young children.. as an 11 mnth old does a lot more than eat poop and sleep..
they love entertainment.. and bright colors and sounds..
my main concern was for the length of time.. and suitability for young children..
they love clowns and jugglers and acrobats both of them.. had a blast at the blackpool tower.. but didnt stay the whole show.. thank you to the ones that gave real responces and did not feel the need to slag me off for asking a resonable question..
i was in hope of hearing from other mothers and parents who had taken their children and how they coped.. just wondering are we suppose to sit at home or in the garden with the kids until they are old enough to go anywhere?
tisk tisk and i thought the days of confinment were over

toodiemac
15-Jul-05, 00:52
The Circus was great - very professional and well worth the money. As for taking children, well our kids really enjoyed it (the youngest is 5) but I must admit that I don't think she would have sat through it a year ago! I would say age 5 and over would be fine, as it is a lot of money to spend if you have to leave half way through or spend all your time trying to entertain a child who has lost all concentration on the show.

Sniperama
17-Jul-05, 12:21
http://www.piczo.com/leeswebby?g=13088832

Sniperama
17-Jul-05, 12:23
u can see wot it was like and u may be able to catch the circus in thurso it was brill and i donot agree for ages 7 and up one of my mates had a 1yr old baybe their ad her face lit up with exitement

Sniperama
17-Jul-05, 12:26

The circus is great but I find your question fascinating. What level of understanding do you expect from an 11th month old baby which has only three primary objectives at this age….eat sleep and pooh? Give me a break maybe you meant 11 years, yip that must be it, couldn’t imagine a mother asking such a stupid question ( please God let it be a typing mistake). :roll: :eek:the reason people take an 11 month old baybe say to the beach , circus , so on is to see the look on their faces