PDA

View Full Version : Wick gala floats??

floyed
24-Jul-07, 16:10
Hi, does anyone no the route the floats will be taken this year from start to finish or anywhere i can find out???

Thumper
24-Jul-07, 16:17
As far as I know it is the same route every year they go from the riverside up Henrietta Street down Louisburgh st along the main st up to Argyll square and then along to the assembly rooms.Don't quote me on it tho lol x

DarkAngel
24-Jul-07, 16:41
Yes Thumper thats correct..Been on a few floats and thats the route they take! Cant wait for Gala..There is one float that is just simply brilliant..:D

Thumper
24-Jul-07, 17:17
Will have to watch out for you on the night then Dark Angel! You have me guessing now as to which float!lol x

MileHigh
24-Jul-07, 18:03
Heard that the route was being shortened this year Floats going down Green road this year instead of Girnigoe Street something to do with the foot collectors don't know if this is confirmed ?

floyed
24-Jul-07, 18:36
Do the actually go through Argyle Square??? I thought they went up Breadalbane??? :confused

DarkAngel
24-Jul-07, 19:53
Sorry Thumper...I aint goin out this Gala...Got no one for the baby so a nite SOBER nite in for me! :( lol

Yes the floats do go up Argyle Square..But maybe its been changed! :confused

Bill Fernie
24-Jul-07, 20:51
Hi, does anyone no the route the floats will be taken this year from start to finish or anywhere i can find out???

I am updating the Wick Gala Programme page with amendments at -
http://www.caithness.org/fpb/galas/2007/wick_gala_2007/index.htm

The Wick Gala procession float route -

Revised - Route of Gala Procession for 2007
From Riverside to George St, onto Henrietta Street, onto Green Road, onto High Street, onto Bridge St, onto Demster Street, through Argyle Square onto MacArthur St into Breadalbane Terrace.

SNOWDOG
24-Jul-07, 23:19
Thats a shame, a lot of old folk in Girnigoe st and Louisburgh st have always watched the floats from their gardens.

floyed
25-Jul-07, 11:44
Thanks everyone for your reply's, you orger's are very helpful :D

DarkAngel
25-Jul-07, 12:10
Thanks everyone for your reply's, you orger's are very helpful :D

Aww...how sweet floyed lol ;)

rainbow
25-Jul-07, 18:18
I am on a float AGAIN this year and can't wait although I am stressed out with painting and sewing, but it is one of the best nights of the year, and excellent crack. You can make a fool of yourself (within reason) and no-one cares. Once you have been on a float you never want to watch again, I had to watch the floats for 2 years as I was highly pregnant and to say I felt pig sick is an understatement. Lets hope it is a dry night for Saturday.

DarkAngel
25-Jul-07, 19:46
I am on a float AGAIN this year and can't wait although I am stressed out with painting and sewing, but it is one of the best nights of the year, and excellent crack. You can make a fool of yourself (within reason) and no-one cares. Once you have been on a float you never want to watch again, I had to watch the floats for 2 years as I was highly pregnant and to say I felt pig sick is an understatement. Lets hope it is a dry night for Saturday.

I know what you mean Rainbow..Once you have been on a float its not the same watchin! Afraid im just watching this year as nobody to watch the wee one!! Did the same last year as baby was only 4 weeks old!! :( 2 years running!!

Maybe next year! :lol:

johndy
26-Jul-07, 00:07
Have heard tonight the floats are again going round by Girnigoe st and Louisburgh st!