PDA

View Full Version : Crazy!!!

Ash
24-Jul-07, 12:40
my partner was on his way to work and went into the Bank of scotland to pay 2catalogue bills for me, he called me to say he never paid it as the bank was going to charge him £10 per bill! i cant believe this!

is is just me or is that alot to charge?:mad:

brandy
24-Jul-07, 12:51
i know its insane!!! we just pay ours online now!!

crashbandicoot1979
24-Jul-07, 12:51
Thats shocking. It happened to me before aswell, haven't a clue why they charge so much, i think its terrible. I always pay online on the phone now, no way am I'm I paying a charge like that!

Jeemag_USA
24-Jul-07, 13:13
They charge so much because they are trying to force people to pay in other ways like online so they have less work to do, then they can utilise staff in another way or pay them off, its the way of the future.

Ash
24-Jul-07, 13:14
still no excuse, i normally pay online but didnt have enough on my debit card, anyways the post office normally chage a couple pound so why can the bank charge £10 per bill!!!:mad:

DarkAngel
24-Jul-07, 13:45
Yes there has been a £10 charge for a while now...The post office is £2.20 charge!! Terrible!

young
24-Jul-07, 13:59
i pay my bills at my bank lloyds tsb and they never charge and i have also paid at the Royal bank of Scotland for free. A few friends have told me that they have been charged silly prices at the bank of scotland. Try lloyds:)

Ash
24-Jul-07, 14:09
normally go there but because he was in a rush and on his way to work he nipped in there, never again tho!

floyed
24-Jul-07, 14:28
Im with the bank of scotland and i used to pay my clubbie bills there the whole time. But stop last year when there was signs on the desks saying they have to charge £10 for catelogue payments:(

nanoo
24-Jul-07, 15:32
I pay clubby bill and credit card as well at the Royal Bank of Scotland and have done for at least 7 years, i have never been charged for this service. It takes fully 6-7 days to clear. On the other hand i have paid my clubbie at the post office and i pay no extra charge for this (it says on my statement, no fee payable at p.o. counter) my club charge ME 35p on my next s/ment for this, cheap at the price. Anyway it only takes 3-5 days to clear with them (P.O.) so i always use them whenever i can as i find they have a much more effient service.;)

Angela
24-Jul-07, 15:44
I pay everything I can online, but wasn't able to do that for my Next directory. Their system rejected me, because there was a very slight difference in how my flat number appears on their system (selected from the Royal Mail postcode list) and how it is registered with my bank. Any human being would be able to see that it is the same place!

Strangely enough, Tesco have exactly the same delivery address, and use exactly the same secure online payment system, but have no problem accepting my bank card on a weekly basis...:confused

I tried to correct the delivery address on the Next site, to exactly match my bank card address, but their system wouldn't let me. So I emailed them about it!

Time passed...

So I went to my local PO as there's no bank close to me. The guy said he would have to charge me £2.50 on top of the £3.75 that was outstanding.

Oh well. I came home and wrote a cheque & put it in the post....

Finally I got a reply from Next asking if I would like to change my delivery address....

The irony is that it took 2 months, 2 phone calls and several emails to get the directory that they assured me had been sent...so by the time I got it, I ended up never ordering anything from it anyway. [evil]

I wondered if anybody else had this problem? Btw, the number my flat is given on the Voters Roll, and for anything to do with the council, is different again!

poppett
25-Jul-07, 08:52
This must be an Edinburgh thing with the postcodes. When we lived there we had three different formats for our address of our flat, but the postcodes were the same. If the company asked postcode first then flat number I kept a list of who used which format for the flat number so I didn`t have to argue every time I had to call. Funnily enough the address on the rent book and the council tax book were totally different! Work that one out if you can?