PDA

View Full Version : Whats everyone doing today?

DarkAngel
23-Jul-07, 12:44
Its not the best weather outside today...Raining here...:(

Today im having a day inside with my boy...Im Making some stew for dinner.. Not very exciting..Tonight im watching all the soaps! Very sad life lol!!:lol:

Lolabelle
23-Jul-07, 12:48
Well I worked today and will again tomorrow. But at the moment, I am about to go to bed. And we had a lovely day, about 18 degrees, and sunny. OK for a winter day. ;)

Ash
23-Jul-07, 12:49
not sad at all, as im pretty much doing the same.... had the wee one and the pup at the beach for a morning a walk, having lunch then making lasagne for dinner.... oo and the soaps tonight

DarkAngel
23-Jul-07, 12:55
Aww...how is the wee pup...? Ooo I love lasagne too!! Yummy!!

18 degrees for a winters day is like a summers day here!! lol

Wish i was in Australia!

Ash
23-Jul-07, 12:56
:cool:pup is good, total hyper!

wish i was there 2

BRIE
23-Jul-07, 13:14
im sitting watching the rain!! wondering what happened to summer:(
spending my afternoon looking for next years holiday:D

itsteven
23-Jul-07, 13:21
i am doing paper mashie with my two oldest kids and then getting the baby bath down and playing in the water with my yougest (11month) and ive been painting with the kids we are having stovies for dinner and then bed time for the kids at 6.30 and its tidy up time then its my time to sit and watch the soaps as i feed ella myself :D

changilass
23-Jul-07, 13:56
Sounds like a fun day itsteven, we are heading through to wick for a new car seat for the wee man as he has outgrown the other one.

itsteven
23-Jul-07, 14:03
:Di have to keep my ones going as my middle one gets in to trouble as she is in to everything and i enjoy it soo much even if they make a mess i dont mind as it can be cleaned up even funner if the pup gets its paws in it or when cara my middle one starts to paint her when i turn my back i love doing kiddie things and they enjoy it thats why i want more kids

DarkAngel
23-Jul-07, 14:36
I cant wait to start all the kiddie play stuff like painting n drawing..My boy is only just one so he isnt into much just now..Except eating almost everything lol!!

laguna2
23-Jul-07, 14:58
Sitting at my computer looking at caithness.org [lol]

itsteven
23-Jul-07, 15:01
my youngest is 11 months and i had her paining with her hand the other day you have to watch the hands for the mouth but its good to see there face or you can make the play dough that if they eat it its ok as long as you dont mind mess its really fun

Ricco
23-Jul-07, 16:21
I've been filling holes, sanding down, taking out a broken tile and replacing it with a good'un. Finished off today by fitting a stainless steel splashback. Then cleared up the mess.

Tomorrow will be some cement work - filling two large holes with brick and mortar, plus some smaller ones and then smoothing down. Once that's dry I have to fit the remaining lino to cover where the old boiler had been. Oh, and fit some skirting board as well.

Wednesday will be papering ready for painting the entire kitchen, taking up the carpet in the old sun room and sealing off the end of the kitchen ready for the sun room to be demolished on Monday. Nice start to my holiday, eh!:eek:

DarkAngel
23-Jul-07, 16:23
Ricco...My living room needs decorated...Are you Free...?!? lol!!:lol:

Ricco
23-Jul-07, 16:24

Hi, congrats on winning last night. ;)

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-07, 16:56
Kit arrived for house today..........yippee :) So went and had a look at the building site.

Car broke down....................... :(
Need to get it repaired for Thursday as we are going to England for holidays.
Spent ages on the phone to garages begging for the car to be looked at quickly.
Bought mince to make lasagne but cant be bothered so I think Ill go to mum and dads with kids and have stew which is ready made and plentiful.

DarkAngel
23-Jul-07, 17:00
Oh No car breaking down is terrible I cant go wihtout my car...

Yes going to mums for dinner is the best idea..Im normally round at my mums quite often gettin my dinner dished out..I cant stand cooking!!!!

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-07, 17:06
I dont mind not having the car , but being so close to our holiday has left me slightly panicked. We used to have another car up here as my little run around if I wasnt ferrying all the kids, but I took a gee a couple of months ago and sold it.

Hubby has the other cars in England but what is really making me panic is the thought of five kids ,suitcases, me and various teddys going to Manchester on the train or bus...........:eek: I suppose I can just pack a large bottle of Wine to help me.
Think I will go for a walk after tea at mums to think about it all. :confused

laguna2
23-Jul-07, 17:10
Hi, congrats on winning last night. ;)

Thanks Ricco - it was a surprise as I hadn't been keeping count, just thoroughly enjoying myself!

laguna2
23-Jul-07, 17:12
I dont mind not having the car , but being so close to our holiday has left me slightly panicked. We used to have another car up here as my little run around if I wasnt ferrying all the kids, but I took a gee a couple of months ago and sold it.

Hubby has the other cars in England but what is really making me panic is the thought of five kids ,suitcases, me and various teddys going to Manchester on the train or bus...........:eek: I suppose I can just pack a large bottle of Wine to help me.
Think I will go for a walk after tea at mums to think about it all.

Hope you get everything sorted out Alice and that you have a lovely holiday. ;)

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-07, 17:17
Maybe the car breaking down is an omen look at the weather in England .

Alton Towers theme park ......... or maybe we should just go to splash landings instead. Either way there is a high possibility that we are gonna get soaked. :lol:

DarkAngel
23-Jul-07, 17:20
Maybe the car breaking down is an omen look at the weather in England

Hehe...Now you mention it...lol [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-07, 17:23
So you can now see that today has turned into a think long and hard day for me :lol:

karia
23-Jul-07, 18:45
Hello Guys,

Today I have mainly been sticking pins in a voodoo doll of a BT operator.;)

It's not as satisfying as it sounds!:(

karia

laguna2
23-Jul-07, 18:47
Been there, done that!!!!!! Did they put you on hold - for ages? or did they keep passing you on to someone else? or was it just a case of not getting through :(

karia
23-Jul-07, 18:55
Been there, done that!!!!!! Did they put you on hold - for ages? or did they keep passing you on to someone else? or was it just a case of not getting through

Hi Laguna,

No, on this occasion they do recognise that there's a problem ,...they just say 'yes, yes, you and everyone else,..yawn, yawn!..we're working on it' and go back to filing their nails.:roll:

Oh sorry,...that was after all of the above, that bit just seems to come as standard!:lol:

Karia

laguna2
23-Jul-07, 18:59
Hi Karia,

How ya doing?

But you actually got to speak to someone!!!! Then they are not a lot of help!!!!! Hopefully it was a free phone number????? Ours weren't!!!!!

karia
23-Jul-07, 19:06
Hopefully it was a free phone number?

Ha ha ha! :lol: (Clutches stomach and rolls about in agonies of laughter, wiping tears from chin!)

Oh yeah! A free phone number,....................nope![lol]

Karia

laguna2
23-Jul-07, 19:15
They get us every way don't they!

karia
23-Jul-07, 19:25
Hi Laguna,

I cannot wait until my contract is up,......they won't see me for dust!

Nice weather in our neck of the woods today though,..hope you made the most of it and dragged yourself away from the org. for a while!:)

Karia

laguna2
23-Jul-07, 20:04
Hi Laguna,

I cannot wait until my contract is up,......they won't see me for dust!

Nice weather in our neck of the woods today though,..hope you made the most of it and dragged yourself away from the org. for a while!:)

Karia

For a little while! I was getting organised to head north tomorrow for a couple of days so didn't see too much of the sun. But what I did see was lovely. Believe tomorrow is supposed to be good too down here.

karia
23-Jul-07, 20:08
For a little while! I was getting organised to head north tomorrow for a couple of days so didn't see too much of the sun. But what I did see was lovely. Believe tomorrow is supposed to be good too down here.

Where are you off to?

You lucky thing!;)

Karia

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jul-07, 21:26
Today Im recovering from the shock of paying £288 for my new alternator for my car :eek:

Goodness thats put a wee dent in the holiday fund but needs must no car no holiday.

On the bright side I get £80 back for my knackered one. :roll:

That price doesnt include labour I get that one tomorrow but worth every penny to keep the kids happy.

DarkAngel
24-Jul-07, 22:17
Today Im recovering from the shock of paying £288 for my new alternator for my car :eek:

Goodness thats put a wee dent in the holiday fund but needs must no car no holiday.

That price doesnt include labour I get that one tomorrow but worth every penny to keep the kids happy.

Ouch what a price!!!

Yes us mothers do anything to keep kids happy!

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jul-07, 22:31
Yes us mothers do anything to keep kids happy!

Happy kids happy mum anything for peace and quiet :cool:

johno
25-Jul-07, 18:36

Alice be thankfull its not a diesel corsa think that there about £400

DarkAngel
25-Jul-07, 19:51
Happy kids happy mum anything for peace and quiet :cool:

Haha..Tell me bout it!! Was such a rainy day today..Now its sunny and night time and the wee one is in his bed...Typical was indoors all day..

Innes
25-Jul-07, 22:15
Aint that life Darkangel, we should have been packing for our holiday on saterday but went out for a last ride on the bike up to the Duck Bay marina the ride was great,and then got stiffed £6.40 for a pint of heavy shandy and a pint of cider in plastic glasses:eek: Every silver cloud has a dark lining.

DarkAngel
25-Jul-07, 22:36
Aint that life Darkangel, we should have been packing for our holiday on saterday but went out for a last ride on the bike up to the Duck Bay marina the ride was great,and then got stiffed £6.40 for a pint of heavy shandy and a pint of cider in plastic glasses:eek: Every silver cloud has a dark lining.

Ouch £6.40!!! Where were you..? Where is The Duck Bay Marina..?

Haha..Agree,,,Every silver cloud has a dark lining:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
26-Jul-07, 00:26
Well today Alice is off to puddle land better known to some as England.

Cases are packed ,car is back from the garage, mechanic must have felt sorry for me he only charged forty pound for the job. :cool:

Hope the sun shines and the water level goes down. Manchester first stop then who knows where. See you all next week. :)

airdlass
26-Jul-07, 00:29
Have a good holiday and remember your wellies!:D

Alice in Blunderland
26-Jul-07, 00:33
Have a good holiday and remember your wellies!:D

Wellies......... my car will be easily spotted on the M6
Burgundy galaxy with the dinghy tied to the roof and paddles hanging from the windows. :lol:

oldmarine
26-Jul-07, 00:46

Hey, I'm currently doing the same thing. However, I'm about to get away from the computer and head out to our community swimming pool and enjoy a swim in the hot sun.

anneoctober
26-Jul-07, 05:53
Peeps, - it's 5.35am Thursday 26th July 2007 and am just home from garage office, catching up wi accounts/vat etc ! It's the only time I don't have to answer the 'phone OR deal wi bodies in the workshop......:eek:
going to bedddd zzzzzzzzzzzz :eek:

DarkAngel
26-Jul-07, 13:23
Peeps, - it's 5.35am Thursday 26th July 2007 and am just home from garage office, catching up wi accounts/vat etc ! It's the only time I don't have to answer the 'phone OR deal wi bodies in the workshop......:eek:
going to bedddd zzzzzzzzzzzz :eek:

My Gosh anneoctober.... U hard worker!!! 5.35am..Were you up all night?

mccaugm
26-Jul-07, 15:13
At work in the morning...had to come home early as toddler has sickness bug...2 hours sleep, knackered...he is now finally taking a nap so I can get some peace...yaay. Poor wee lamb can't even keep water down.

DarkAngel
26-Jul-07, 16:23
At work in the morning...had to come home early as toddler has sickness bug...2 hours sleep, knackered...he is now finally taking a nap so I can get some peace...yaay. Poor wee lamb can't even keep water down.

Aww...such a shame when they are ill and only little..They cant properly tell you whats wrong...Chicken pox is raging just now.

Hope the wee one get better soon xx

anneoctober
26-Jul-07, 18:10
My Gosh anneoctober.... U hard worker!!! 5.35am..Were you up all night?
Yes, afraid I was. Got three hours sleep then back down to the grind..I mean the office! It won't be so bad once I've caught up, but if you ring and hear zzzzzzz on the line.....DONT shout at me - I'll get a fright !:lol:
Hope Macg's wee one is feeling better soon. xx

bky
26-Jul-07, 18:18
just finished work for 2 whole weeks - canna mind the last time i was off for so long -

NLP
26-Jul-07, 18:29
I'm trying to clean my keyboard, my little darling covered it in suntan lotion when I when fulling the washing machine.

katarina
26-Jul-07, 22:15
today i am toasting in 33 degrees. Mind you I am not in the UK.

Tubthumper
26-Jul-07, 23:36
... It's the only time I don't have to answer the 'phone OR deal wi bodies in the workshop
You have bodies in your workshop??? An Undertaker in Shebster???

paris
27-Jul-07, 09:08
Today is sunny here in lincs and NO rain, nothing but bright blue skys and fluffy white clouds ........SO.... its on with the washing and get the paintbrushes out as i have lots to catch up with, i might even start building my pond........jan x

Anne x
27-Jul-07, 10:46
getting ready for a long weekend in London for a birthday party which was to be a garden party !! but as there cellar in the house is under 2ft water and still trying to pump it out they have now hired a marquee with lots of food and drinkies !!! hope the rain stays away

:eek:

DarkAngel
27-Jul-07, 11:41
today i am toasting in 33 degrees. Mind you I am not in the UK.

Your Lucky Katarina!!!

Where are you?

DarkAngel
27-Jul-07, 11:48

[lol] Pmsl!!

Sandra_B
27-Jul-07, 11:51
Today I'm celebrating the baby of the families 6th birthday. Can't believe he's 6 already...

DarkAngel
27-Jul-07, 12:06
Today I'm celebrating the baby of the families 6th birthday. Can't believe he's 6 already...

Gosh..Time flies...My little one is 1 and its been the quickest year ever!!!

Elenna
27-Jul-07, 12:27
At the min I'm taking a quick break from dashing through my chores (pant...pant...), and doing those while waitng for a friend to come pick me up to deal with the latest....Saltire and I were out at Dunnett Lighthouse yesterday evening, and when we went to come home, my old car wouldn't start! :( Luckily there were other people we knew, and we got a lift home (many thanks to all those kind people who offered help). But now theres this to sort out, along with just the usual daily and weekend stuff. :roll: There's always something, isn't there?

bekisman
27-Jul-07, 16:18
Me? (well yesterday the 26th)
I've spent three hours and 13 minutes trying to get BT to take off 'Total Care' from my line (I'm going Virgin), BT 'residential services' instructed me to ring 0800 800 880 to request this action. I started at 4.38pm. by ringing this number. 1 hour and 3 minutes later I get someone answering - which startles me as I was in the middle of a game of solitaire on the PC. Getting my senses together I explain. "Sorry not us" she says I'll transfer you through. I wait on ringing 'phone until 6.25pm when answered by an Indian (Call Centre) I explain I want my 'Total Care' removed. "What is Total Care - please explain" she says.. I explain. "Please wait I will transfer you". I wait on ringing 'phone until 6.40pm, I give my reason; "sorry he says" in an Northern Irish lilt "We don't deal with Scotland, I'll transfer you". I wait and at 6.55pm I get a lady called Kath in Warrington. I explain "I'll transfer you to the Engineer" she says. It rings and at 7.37pm a voice answers; I explain. "Oh no I deal with Telephone Boxes" he says - you have to ring customer services on 0800 800 800 (does this sound like a run-around?) At this stage I am rather tetchy and he helpfully says he'll connect me to the correct department. I wait and finally at 7.50 I am connected to India again where I am assured that my requested action will be carried out in the next seven days..
So that's what I was doing yesterday..

anneoctober
27-Jul-07, 18:42
Hey ! We've gotta make a living !!:lol: Where do you think Corrie got their idea for Katie bumping off her mechanic dad.........:evil

changilass
27-Jul-07, 22:59
I'm packing ready for 2 weeks camping in Boat of Garten, can't wait, see you all in a fortnight :D

percy toboggan
27-Jul-07, 23:33
loaded 75 tonnes of cardboard for re-cycling. Ate my butties. Came home. Filmed g'dtr's arrival home from new play-group thingy and captured her enthusiasm for it.
Supped red wine and London Pride (still a bit left)
Contemplated a weekend of doing nowt much.
'Watched a 'Take That' re-union spoof on t.v. - q.funny.

captainpugwash
27-Jul-07, 23:47
I've spent the day burning in my new yacht... she handles well but the crew are a bunch of idle, thick landlubbers, when I shouted "splice the main brace" they knocked seven different colours of (expletive) out of a young "training for work" female with braces..... Bad enough having to "train" to work but getting a kick in the teeth in the process.... poor girl...... she got special treatment in the Captain's cabin and is now smiling again.

Jeemag_USA
28-Jul-07, 15:29
This morning I have been preparing food for a race party cookout later today, I made a huge pot of my Chilli and also a BLT Pasta Salad. So its party time all night from 5pm round at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, usually the last few stragglers fall down drunk around 3 in the morning.

Then its off to the track tomorrow to watch the Brickyard 400 NASCAR race!!

See ya monday!

weeksider
28-Jul-07, 15:43
Waiting to watch ,Chelsea beat gers, Rain Stops, Floats start

seren
28-Jul-07, 17:08
i've been sitting in the garden listening to the music festival on the village green. there's lots of live bands down there playing various rock and indie music and they've been really good. might wander down later when it's a bit cooler to see them in the flesh. :)

Ash
28-Jul-07, 17:20
i've been sitting in the garden listening to the music festival on the village green. there's lots of live bands down there playing various rock and indie music and they've been really good. might wander down later when it's a bit cooler to see them in the flesh. :)

that sounds soo cool, spent all of day indoors doing washing and housework, kinda hard with a puppy and 3year old, roll on bedtime! LOL :lol:

karia
28-Jul-07, 17:39
Evening Folks,

Right now I am sitting with my arm out of the window as I have just given myself a lovely 3 inch burn taking chicken out of the oven.:(

I have put lavender oil on it as this is supposed to work wonders.
Hope it doesn't scar as it is only 2 inches away from the last one and it's starting to look like some kind of strange 'self harming' habit!:roll:

Must get longer oven gloves!

Karia

helenwyler
28-Jul-07, 17:53
Poor karia:(!! I had a nasty experience with a hot slippery chicken once and still have the grease to stains to prove it lol!

Haven't heard about lavender oil for burns - my girls went through a phase of burning it to help them go to sleep.....so if we don't hear from you again tonight we'll know why[lol]!

Hope it's not tooo painful...

Helen

laguna2
28-Jul-07, 17:58
Ooo Karia - hope that it is feeling better now. I have a dreadful habit of doing the same thing when taking things out of the oven!

karia
28-Jul-07, 18:05
Thanks Helen,

Apparently some science boffin burnt himself in the lab and plunged the offending digits into some nearby lavender oil,( no, I don't know why he would either!:eek:) Anyway, the burns all healed quickly and without scarring. I've tried it before with good results, which is why it's on my kitchen window ledge.

It doesn't make me sleepy, so no chance of getting shot of me this evening!:lol:
OH , however is a different story one whiff and you'd think he was in a coma.
I'm hoping the aroma has faded a bit before he gets home or there'll be no sense from him tonight and I'll have even more time to post.

Karia

laguna2
28-Jul-07, 18:54
Listening to Real radio and playing on the org.

karia
28-Jul-07, 19:03
Listening to Real radio and playing on the org.

Oh Laguna!

PLAYING on the .Org!!! This is no place for playing!:eek:

It's all deadly serious dontcha know.

What do you think this is? ......The weekend?;)

Karia

laguna2
28-Jul-07, 20:44
Oh Laguna!

PLAYING on the .Org!!! This is no place for playing!

It's all deadly serious dontcha know.

What do you think this is? ......The weekend?

Karia

Yep! ;) Seriousness resumes on Monday [lol]

karia
28-Jul-07, 20:52
Yep! Seriousness resumes on Monday

AWW! .......... What's wrong with a long weekend?:(

Would you consider Tuesday... ;) ?!

Karia

laguna2
28-Jul-07, 20:55
I will have to think about it ... OK, thought about it ... Tuesday it is :D

Tom Cornwall
28-Jul-07, 22:37
It was a 'scorcher' here in Norfolk...no rain...I got up relatively early and went into Norwich for a wander around...it ended up reaching 23 or 24 degrees...sorry!!!:D

captainpugwash
28-Jul-07, 22:39
it ended up reaching 23 or 24 degrees...sorry!!!:D

Fahrenheit or celsius?

percy toboggan
29-Jul-07, 14:20
Wen to a farmer market and paid extortionate prices for fresh veg. and steak pies. Oh! and a blueberry one.
Then I set too gardening and trimmed a lot of Leylandii, and ivy. Then I did next doors. A hedge too far methinks. I ake like a beggar now and it's even affectin' me spellin'

Quaffing London Pride & Sainbury's Mild to take mi mind off it like.