PDA

View Full Version : what a coincidence !

paris
23-Jul-07, 08:37
As some of you know, i lost my best friend 5 yrs ago to drugs ( she didn't listen to me ) We grew up together met our hubby's the same day way back in 1975..got married the same year, and both had and i still do a very big love of motorbikes.
Well this weekend hubby and i went to a party in Kent, a bikers do . While i was there i met a girl who i hadn't seen since we were about 5yrs old so had a long chat about the old days. when my friend who died was 15 her parents brought her a Royal Enfield 350 "clipper " which we used to ride up and down the local river bank and in the famous hop fields of Kent . when she died her beloved bike was sold and although i desperately wanted it i didn't have the money £400. Guess who brought it, the girl who i hadn't seen for all those yrs and shes had it restored to original condition but has never used it since she brought it and agreed to sell it to my hubby for my birthday on the 30th July for the same price she brought it. I have some great memories of our young teenage years on that bike and hope to be collecting it very shortly. Jan xx:)

laguna2
23-Jul-07, 08:48
What a thoughtful hubby you have! :D

Hope you enjoy your pressie - and the happy memories it brings back!

mccaugm
23-Jul-07, 08:49
That is a lovely true story...although a shame that your friend died. Enjoy the bike....:D

floyed
23-Jul-07, 09:37
What a great story, and a very nice husband, hope you have lots of fun on your bike :D

DarkAngel
23-Jul-07, 11:39
Very nice husband and very nice story! Strange the way things work and turn around! xx

laguna2
23-Jul-07, 11:44
What's for you won't go by you?

DarkAngel
23-Jul-07, 11:49
What's for you won't go by you?

Thats what i always say too Laguna2!! :D

Lolabelle
23-Jul-07, 12:36
That is so wonderful Paris, good things happen to good people sometimes. :D