PDA

View Full Version : drinking at the sideshows

lynne duncan
22-Jul-07, 16:25
there was a post about smoking at the sideshows a wee while ago, but what I found worse than that yesterday was the amount of teenagers(or young 18 year olds!) who were staggering around while swilling from bottles of alcohol
I know yesterday was show day and having a dram at the show tent to me is fine, but these drinkers were barging amonst the families. and as for the lad who tried to light the hand held foghorn and created a mini flame thrower which just missed the middle aged mannie walking past. I just shook my head.
glad my bairns are still at a age that I can keep them with me.
if they wanted to drink don't do it in public space where families are trying to have a pleasant day

anneoctober
22-Jul-07, 16:31
These young folk can be quite intimidating too, especially together in a bunch :mad: It's supposed to be a family day out.

DarkAngel
22-Jul-07, 17:49
I know...Its terrible..Young teenagers drinking just dont care...I hope i wasnt like that when i was 16....Mmm,....i probably was!!! :eek:

corgiman
22-Jul-07, 18:40
I couldn't understand why a stall was able to sell these stupid air horns at a show with so much livestock around, absolutely stupid :mad: there were kids at one point trying to get into the rabbit and poultry tent with them but they were told to leave

anneoctober
22-Jul-07, 18:50
I couldn't understand why a stall was able to sell these stupid air horns at a show with so much livestock around, absolutely stupid :mad: there were kids at one point trying to get into the rabbit and poultry tent with them but they were told to leave
Probably, THEIR idea of family FUN.....:mad:

Solus
22-Jul-07, 19:18
what with no smoking at the sideshows, no drinking at the shows. jeepers, None of you ever young once ? never done anything stupid or silly ? Or do we all go out looking for things to moan about ? come home post your moan on the site, ever thought letting these folk know your feelings ? a quiet word to let them know ?

anneoctober
22-Jul-07, 20:59
Don't think the "drinkers" would take too kindly to that sensible suggestion :lol:
Yes, I WAS young once, but was brought up to respect my elders. Am not perfect ( believe it or not !), but you can have fun without being daft :(

lynne duncan
23-Jul-07, 17:27
not moaning but surely it is illegal to drink in a public place and the sideshows must class as a public place, and yes if i kent the ones who were drinking them yes i would ask why they were carrying on and alarming us, but as has been said above there was no way with my 3 bairns present that i was going to risk a mouthful from the kids that were present

dunderheed
23-Jul-07, 17:49
lynne i dont think that bye- law has been passed in caithness yet, if i remember correctly it was sort of sidelined as there wasnt dispensations included for the likes of gala week ,new years eve street parties etc, but i could be wrong (i'm sure mr fernie would know though)

brandy
23-Jul-07, 18:22
still bet if their wasnt a one of them with id though.
and it is the law to id any one that looks under 18.
and as for the being young and foolish? yup at one tim elong ago.. i was a teen, but i can honestly say i was never nasty and mean, that i never gave my elders cheek. and nope i never went to a fair and got drunk and disordely.
yet somehow i managed to have a blast with my mates. we were never bored and we never vandalised or did things that were very illegal... unless you count trespassing onto to someones property to reach an old abandoned cabin that was spooky as all get out. we also risked getting shot at going thru those woods!)

rfr10
23-Jul-07, 18:36
what with no smoking at the sideshows, no drinking at the shows. jeepers, None of you ever young once ? never done anything stupid or silly ? Or do we all go out looking for things to moan about ? come home post your moan on the site, ever thought letting these folk know your feelings ? a quiet word to let them know ?

I'm young. I don't drink. I don't smoke. It's not necessary to drink obcessively or smoke to be able to enjoy yourselves. The fact is that aswell as spoiling the lives of yourselves, it spoils the life for other people too. There are things people complain about on here which may be pointless. This is definitly not a pointless thing to talk about and it will maybe make people think.

cullbucket
24-Jul-07, 05:53
When I was a teenager, getting blazing and going to the dance at the county show was a great crack, just like marquees at gala week.... Was better than hanging around the garages with a bottle of Merrydown or a half bottle of Kalinka

brandy
24-Jul-07, 08:56
i never saw the fun in it. you just look like an idiot.
the first thing as a teenager we learned and respected/ if your going to get drunk, find somewhere you can crash to start drinking.

rfr10
24-Jul-07, 13:19
When I was a teenager, getting blazing and going to the dance at the county show was a great crack, just like marquees at gala week.... Was better than hanging around the garages with a bottle of Merrydown or a half bottle of Kalinka

I lose a lot of respect for the people who say things like this. :confused

Ash
24-Jul-07, 13:22
I lose a lot of respect for the people who say things like this. :confused

im only 20(21 soon) and i can honestly say i never got any joy in underage drinking, sitting by the beach or up the mall getting drunk was never my idea of fun, just never got it! even now im not fussed about it drinking.