PDA

View Full Version : More BBC corruption

peter macdonald
22-Jul-07, 10:15
You can imagine our friends at the top of the Beeb were trying to look after their New Years honours propects with this "gaffe"
PM
http://www.sundayherald.com/news/heraldnews/display.var.1563445.0.0.php

golach
22-Jul-07, 10:31
You can imagine our friends at the top of the Beeb were trying to look after their New Years honours propects with this "gaffe"
PM
http://www.sundayherald.com/news/heraldnews/display.var.1563445.0.0.php

Sorry I dont read Scab newspapers. Support your journalists
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6897773.stm

Tristan
22-Jul-07, 22:38
The BBC seems to be going from bad to worst...sigh.

DarkAngel
22-Jul-07, 22:41

I agree...Even the programs are gettin rubbish!!:eyes

Rheghead
23-Jul-07, 00:03

I had to have a wee chuckle at that because it seemed to me that the BBC was the only mainstream bastion of justice against Mr Blair and his pro-Iraq stance, just a subject that you've got a history of obssessive posting about. [lol]

Tristan
23-Jul-07, 08:25
I had to have a wee chuckle at that because it seemed to me that the BBC was the only mainstream bastion of justice against Mr Blair and his pro-Iraq stance, just a subject that you've got a history of obssessive posting about. [lol]

The only one? I find it difficult to find a pro-Iraq paper or news report now. In addition there have been more than a few accusations towards the BBC as being soft (softer?) on Blair than they were on Thather.

Someof the recent allegations floating around concerning their current practices raise a lot of questions about how the BBC is being run.

fred
23-Jul-07, 09:17
Someof the recent allegations floating around concerning their current practices raise a lot of questions about how the BBC is being run.

And who it is being run by Since the Hutton whitewash and the forced resignations of Greg Dyke and Andrew Gilligan for daring to tell the truth about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction that could be fired at us in 45 minutes.

concerned resident
23-Jul-07, 10:00
I like the rest of the population are in the unfortunate postion of having to pay, for this Corruption, Most of the News is For England and Wales, the position we have on the weather map is so small, most times you can not see where we are, and the north of Scotland is Aberdeen, if given a mention. Its bad enough the repeats, now they are buying in New programes, which have already been shown on Sky. Next April we will have no option but to pay more money, for a worse service. Reminds you of the Council.

Cattach
24-Jul-07, 12:22
And who it is being run by Since the Hutton whitewash and the forced resignations of Greg Dyke and Andrew Gilligan for daring to tell the truth about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction that could be fired at us in 45 minutes.

Unfortunately you spoil your argument by mentioning Andrew Gilligan - a creative journalist if there ever was one!

oldmarine
25-Jul-07, 01:04

I watch BBC on my satellite link. I don't find it any worse than many of the USA networks here in the states. Some of those have gotten down-right XXXX terrible.

fred
25-Jul-07, 09:19
Unfortunately you spoil your argument by mentioning Andrew Gilligan - a creative journalist if there ever was one!

He told the truth and got fired for it.

Tristan
25-Jul-07, 09:40
I watch BBC on my satellite link. I don't find it any worse than many of the USA networks here in the states. Some of those have gotten down-right XXXX terrible.

Thinking back to what the USA networks used to be like I would agree with you. However, IMO the BBC used to be a lot better than many of the USA networks.

fred
26-Jul-07, 22:29
When Alan Johnston was held captive in Palestine one of the leaders of demonstrations in Gaza calling for his release was a Palestinian cameraman called Imad Ghanem.

On the 5th of July Imad Ghanem was shot by Israeli soldiers, they continued to shoot him as he lay on the ground wounded and unable to move, they shot at rescuers trying to save him, they even fired on the ambulance coming to take him to hospital. There is some video footage of it here (http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3841957757162872452) for anyone who isn't too squeemish.

Imad Ghanem has since had to have both his legs amputated, he is just 21 years old. A British surgeon working in Palestine, Dr David Halpin, emailed the BBC saying they should honour Alan Johnston by reporting the facts for once, they didn't reply, the shooting never made the BBC news.

badger
26-Jul-07, 23:09
According to a report I heard on the radio (BBC) they are paying for staff to be sent on a course to learn to be honest :eek: . What does that say about the kind of people they employ?