PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages

Ash
22-Jul-07, 09:30
few days ago i was sent what started out as a nice PM but turned into someone having a go at me because i said that me and my partner had food poisioning from a well known restaurant in Wick, she told me this couldnt of possibily happened! Dont know why she thought it wasnt possible

celtchicky
22-Jul-07, 11:13
seems to me some people are on this jus to cause an argument. jus block that person from mailin u again

Ash
22-Jul-07, 11:15
i added her to my ignore list as not sure how to block

its like some people dont understand the point to the website....... its for discussing things
least i thought it was:confused

celtchicky
22-Jul-07, 11:18
yeah but if you look further into it, the same people keep appearin an causin arguments out of nothing. some simple question ends up as world war 3

Ash
22-Jul-07, 11:25
i know exactly who you mean but this was someone totally different who mailed me, the arguments are getting annoying thats why i closed a previous thread and i made sure i got the last word in lol!

johno
22-Jul-07, 12:26
ah dont let it bother you Ash. you can please all of the people some of the time , some of the people all of the time but you will never please all of the people all of the time.:roll: ;)

johno
22-Jul-07, 12:28
[quote=johno;245089]ah dont let it bother you Ash. you can please all of the people some of the time , some of the people all of the time but you will never please all of the people all of the time.:roll: quote]
so do just what i do . just please yourself [lol]

BRIE
22-Jul-07, 12:30
sounds like the person who PMed you obviously wasnt brave enough to say it on the public pages for fear of being bombarded with negative reps!!:lol:
ash just ignore them their not worth worrying about :D

anneoctober
22-Jul-07, 16:27
With Johno & Brie, Ash. Ignore the culprit ! And it was n't me wifie promise :(

golach
22-Jul-07, 16:30
few days ago i was sent what started out as a nice PM but turned into someone having a go at me because i said that me and my partner had food poisioning from a well known restaurant in Wick, she told me this couldnt of possibily happened! Dont know why she thought it wasnt possible
Just playing devils advocate here, but, PM's = Private Messages, and should they be aired in public?
Just a question not having a go Ash

Ash
22-Jul-07, 16:33
Just playing devils advocate here, but, PM's = Private Messages, and should they be aired in public?
Just a question not having a go Ash

not normally no, but this was something that was written awhile ago, and this person had no reason to mail me about, it was done just to have a go, not one msg but 3!

i know your not having a go ;)

anneoctober
22-Jul-07, 16:36
if they can't say something nice, then they should n't be saying it, either publically OR via PM. Reasoned discussion, not browbeating !:(

EDDIE
22-Jul-07, 17:26
i added her to my ignore list as not sure how to block

its like some people dont understand the point to the website....... its for discussing things
least i thought it was:confused

the forum is for dicussing things and i for one wouldnt worry about what other people think.I just hope u gave that person a piece of your mind i think its very cowardly for a person to put there view via private message rather than the mainboard.
If someone did that to me i would have copyed the silly comments and pasted on the mainboard for every one to see

DarkAngel
22-Jul-07, 17:33
Thats terrible..Even if it was something you said ages ago.... Name & Shame!!!!!

[lol]:lol:

NickInTheNorth
22-Jul-07, 17:34
if they can't say something nice, then they should n't be saying it, either publically OR via PM. Reasoned discussion, not browbeating !:(

Quite agree that PM's are not there for abusing people, really is not on.

But I also believe that if people wish to be treated reasonable they should avoid being petty and small minded and closing threads they start because people have the temerity to disagree with their point of view.

And they should especially refrain making smug comments regarding the same in other non-related threads.

Ash
22-Jul-07, 17:43
Quite agree that PM's are not there for abusing people, really is not on.

But I also believe that if people wish to be treated reasonable they should avoid being petty and small minded and closing threads they start because people have the temerity to disagree with their point of view.

And they should especially refrain making smug comments regarding the same in other non-related threads.

oh here we go again!

NickInTheNorth
22-Jul-07, 17:46
oh here we go again!

No Ash, not here we go again. An opinion. Which in large part agrees with you.

You are not important enough for me to wish to pick fights with you. Unfortunately sometimes I disagree with what you post. Learn to live with it.

MadPict
22-Jul-07, 17:47
Ash,
If you have concerns about PM's or possible abuse of the PM system may I suggest you forward the PMs to an Admin.

changilass
22-Jul-07, 17:56
A private message is just that private, if anyone has any concerns they should be passed onto admin and not posted on the main boards.

Ash
22-Jul-07, 18:17
its always the same three people who TRY to start arguments....... im not the only person who thinks this

changilass
22-Jul-07, 18:19
Yup but depending on which side of the fence you sit the 3 can be totally different :lol:

Ash
22-Jul-07, 18:41
A private message is just that private, if anyone has any concerns they should be passed onto admin and not posted on the main boards.

i never posted the message!

changilass
22-Jul-07, 18:52
I can see you didnt post it, at no point did I say you had.

I simply stated what should be done in the circumstances in order for it to be dealt with.

Ash
22-Jul-07, 20:00
it seems to be a case of when someone posts something certain people always start war, even on threads that would seem impossible to start but they yet they still manage but yet when we dont agree with there posts the go on and on and on............... hence the reason why i closed my previous post!

MadPict
22-Jul-07, 21:11
It's a forum Ash, and the nature of forums is such that if you make a post or start a thread then you are always going to get folk who agree with your point of view and others who do not.

Not sure what this has to do with the PM's you have received. As already advised if you feel that the content of the PM warrants attention by an Admin then send it to them.

Ricco
22-Jul-07, 22:18
As a point to note.... shouldn't bad PMs be reported to the Moderators so that they can deal with them?

MadPict
22-Jul-07, 22:43
If a PM is abusive or causes the recipient concerns then it should be forwarded to an Admin or a Mod.

thebigman
27-Jul-07, 00:54

Might be an idea to report your food poisoning to Environmental Health.