PDA

View Full Version : Whats a long lie?

Ash
22-Jul-07, 09:27
does anyone get these, i dont think ive had one iover 3years, my wee one wakes up before 8 most days! aaargh!

thought thats what sundays were for:roll:

carlominno
22-Jul-07, 09:31
A long lie to me is any day when I waken up without the alarm!
Just being able to waken up slowly and think about the day without having to dive out of the bed to switch the alarm clock off is sheer bliss.

Ash
22-Jul-07, 09:32
i honestly cant remember when ive slept in, takes pot of coffee to waken me up

Sandra_B
22-Jul-07, 09:41
My boys have been sleeping till half past ten since the summer holidays started. Of course the dog still wants out much earlier than that, then cries constantly if you try to leave him on his own again to go back to bed.

Maybe by next summer I'll have him trained to long lies too??

marlyn
22-Jul-07, 12:23
Ash, sorry to say that 8 is a long lie with a 3 year old, we are lucky if we get past 6.30am in our house! I like my sleep!!! but just wait till they are teenagers and then it goes the other way.

Ash
22-Jul-07, 12:41
not soo bad today as its sunday so gonna be a lazy one! lol

mums angels
22-Jul-07, 12:46
well my youngest whos almost 2 has been getting up around 9 -10 the last few days it's great , the other 2 are not long after him i think they'd sleep longer due to having later nights but the wee one has been going to bed at his normal time of 7-7.30 ..he's lazy like his mum..LOL

DarkAngel
22-Jul-07, 12:47
Well my baby gets up around 7-8am every morning..Im used to it though..I wasnt much of a long lie person anyway

Ash
22-Jul-07, 12:49
i cant complain as she in bed by 7.30 most nights, just be nice to sleep past 8

floyed
22-Jul-07, 12:51
Since the holidays my son has been getting up in between 8 and 10. He's usually up between 6 and 8, but he has been staying up later cause of the holidays so gets up later :D

I think a long lie is when you wake up naturally no bairns, partners, pets or alarms :Razz

Camra
22-Jul-07, 13:00
How about the one that goes....for richer,for poorer, in sickness and in health etc etc etc or am i a cynic ?

floyed
22-Jul-07, 13:12
your a cynic :lol:

newpark
22-Jul-07, 13:38
we have a very early bird in our family up every morning before 6am. Lucky if we can lie in past 5.15am.

ks
22-Jul-07, 14:32

You should keep her up a bit later to see if you can get a long lie!! It works for my daughter.

Ash
22-Jul-07, 14:39
You should keep her up a bit later to see if you can get a long lie!! It works for my daughter.

have tried it! she asks to go to bed then as she is tired

ks
22-Jul-07, 14:46
Poor you, I always keep her up later at weekends so I can get a lie in and she is normally not too tired to stay up!

jinglejangle
22-Jul-07, 20:44

hi there - if you want to sleep past 8 remember that when you are feeling broody and it may just change your mind lol!

Ash
22-Jul-07, 20:45
i know but its different tho, love babies and still broody

MISS K
22-Jul-07, 20:47
:eek:same here Newpark, a lie in for us over the past 2 years is 6.30, our early bird is 5.30, keeping her up later makes no difference, the more she does in a day seems to get her up earlier, so tiring her out is a waste of time, we just end up exhausting ourselves, infact she tried to get up at 4.30 today!!!!!

Ricco
22-Jul-07, 22:21
A long lie in for me is until about 7.30am. Most mornings it will be about 5.30 :eek:

WeeBurd
22-Jul-07, 22:37
does anyone get these, i dont think ive had one iover 3years, my wee one wakes up before 8 most days! aaargh!

thought thats what sundays were for:roll:

You'll have to coach her to shout for her Daddy when she wakes up, works for my eldest, who's favourite time for rising is between 6 & 7am! Unfortunately it causes problems when MrBurd is on nightshift, and she refuses to get up with me, instead preferring to scream the place down as if that will in some way magic her Daddy home :eek:.

mccaugm
22-Jul-07, 22:46
Ash, sorry to say that 8 is a long lie with a 3 year old, we are lucky if we get past 6.30am in our house! I like my sleep!!! but just wait till they are teenagers and then it goes the other way.

My youngest gets us up at 6 every morning and with the dawn of potty training..we are woken up to the shrill call of "PEEEEE mummy, PEEEEE daddy"...at the weekend we generally delegate one of us to get up and one to get a lie in...we also have 2 teenagers who are not too bad at getting up...