PDA

View Full Version : Still Game...The New Series

Gizmo
22-Jul-07, 01:09
Anyone else watching it?...i have just finished watching the first two episodes and my sides are sore with laughter....it's just pure dead brilliant...so it is, the first episode was funny....but the second nearly had me in tears, it certainly ranks up there as one of the funniest Still Game episodes ever, i really hope the other 5 episodes are as hilarious.....Long live the residents of Craiglang.

MISS K
22-Jul-07, 08:27
:lol:Yes we are watching too, its hilarious, i always loved only fools and horses but never found anything to match that humour, but still game i would say is up there with fools.

Sandra_B
22-Jul-07, 09:43
AAARGHHH....I forgot about it this week!! We love Still Game.

lagertops
22-Jul-07, 10:00
Best show on tv,it's shown twice a week aswell

johno
22-Jul-07, 10:14
im gutted , ive missed both episodes. big fan of still game, guarantee i wont miss the remaining five :( :(

King_Creon
22-Jul-07, 11:21
First episode was quite good, but the second was perfect.

Best line in second episode...?

"I've got a boat!"

DarkAngel
22-Jul-07, 11:59
Still Game is pure brilliant!!! I love it!!

quirbal
22-Jul-07, 15:13
Yip, the funniest thing on t.v.

dunderheed
22-Jul-07, 15:52
best line was "then my wife died and left me her money and brought me back up level again"

good series but for how much longer will it go on before becoming stale??

Jeemag_USA
22-Jul-07, 17:55
You guys are lucky, I have to wait until the series is finished and have a family member snail mail me with them on DVD. But its always well worth waiting for, I love the show. I wrote a mail to BBC once asking why Chewin The Fat or Still Game is never put on BBC America, all they put on BBC America is rubbish and there are never any programs from Scotland on there except for that one time when they put the one about Highland Estate on there which I didn't like anyway. Anyway, they never ever answered me, so much for feedback.

mccaugm
22-Jul-07, 22:51
Still Game is pure brilliant!!! I love it!!

Watched it through the week and its on again just now...first episode with the bloke looking down the drain and getting thrown backwards had me roll of the sofa laughing. Still laughing and Still Game!

scorrie
22-Jul-07, 23:01
Can't believe we were watching the same program. My family found the latest series to be pretty poor, in particular the last episode. If Baws and Jaws is deemed funny then perhaps it is time we put our own efforts up for grabs. Rocket Science it ain't.

Bit ominous that this remains on Beeb 2 and relegated to a Thursday night slot. If it does not pick up in the remaining episodes, I cannot see it reaching another series and quite rightly so. All too often we accept poorer offerings and writers get lazy. Still Game? Still Lame so far!!

Scorrie, bringing you the truth 24/7

wifie
22-Jul-07, 23:08
Sorry Scorrie! We all liked it here too...... we're Still Game.

Gizmo
23-Jul-07, 02:20

"I've got a boat!"

LOL....that had me in stitches.....comedy perfection

King_Creon
23-Jul-07, 20:02
Can't believe we were watching the same program. My family found the latest series to be pretty poor, in particular the last episode. If Baws and Jaws is deemed funny then perhaps it is time we put our own efforts up for grabs. Rocket Science it ain't.

Bit ominous that this remains on Beeb 2 and relegated to a Thursday night slot. If it does not pick up in the remaining episodes, I cannot see it reaching another series and quite rightly so. All too often we accept poorer offerings and writers get lazy. Still Game? Still Lame so far!!

Scorrie, bringing you the truth 24/7

truth? i think not. i'm sure u sed it wudnt reach a new series 2 series ago. the great thing about it is that it's not trying to be anything cutting edge or particularily new. it's found a formula that works and is appealing. if u are going to have a go at any television program, i think you should focus on the many, many things on tv that our poisoning the minds of young people and adults alike. leave still game alone, it's not on often and when it is, it's only half an hour.

acameron
24-Jul-07, 01:57

"I've got a boat!"

Nah, best line was "We have shot every creature on gods earth....we have even kicked a giraffe to death once"

canuck
24-Jul-07, 02:19
Nah, best line was "We have shot every creature on gods earth....we have even kicked a giraffe to death once"

AC is that really you? Wonderful to see you back on the boards. I am delighted that you can still type. It has been far too long.

Kenn
24-Jul-07, 18:43
This series has me rolling in the aisles, like Jeemag we don't get it so have to wait for the DVDs as we can only recieve BBC1 Scotland . GRRRRRR

sorghaghtanibeki
24-Jul-07, 19:07
i have hardness with the accent, but it is most enjoyable!

Tubthumper
24-Jul-07, 19:10
i have hardness with the accent, but it is most enjoyable!
Me too.:lol:

scorrie
24-Jul-07, 21:03
truth? i think not. i'm sure u sed it wudnt reach a new series 2 series ago. the great thing about it is that it's not trying to be anything cutting edge or particularily new. it's found a formula that works and is appealing. if u are going to have a go at any television program, i think you should focus on the many, many things on tv that our poisoning the minds of young people and adults alike. leave still game alone, it's not on often and when it is, it's only half an hour.

I'll have a go at anything I see fit to!!

I like to see writers working to keep a series fresh. All too often Situation Comedies end up going stale. If people are happy with the same old stuff, then good luck to them and to the writers who can lazily pump out the same material without ever coming off autopilot. The plot of the latest episode of Still Game was wafer thin and I can't help but feel that it could be so much better.

Each to their own. I am not forced to watch Still Game and you are not forced to read my posts. At least I am giving Still Game a chance ;o)

King_Creon
25-Jul-07, 08:30
Have you seen the Grease & the Joseph programs? They are two of the main shows that are poisoing the minds of young people mainly. I'd sooner see that off the tv than a stale sitcom.

johno
26-Jul-07, 11:27
i see its on bbc2 tonight at 10 pm gotta remember that [lol]

cuddlepop
26-Jul-07, 13:55
So do we,we missed last weeks completely.So annoyed because from what people are saying it looked a good one.
Ther again we think there all good and some are exceptional.:D