PDA

View Full Version : Recipe book??

floyed
21-Jul-07, 20:01
Hi i was wanting to get a recipe book that had just baking recipe's like little cakes, scones, sponge's ect. Do any of you orger's no of a good book to get?? :D

Ricco
21-Jul-07, 20:55
Delia Smith does a good one in her 3-book series. There is also the one by James wotnot from the BBC programme on desserts.

mrs n
22-Jul-07, 08:50
try Fast Cakes by Mary Berry, lovely all in one recipes, think it is on amazon
says on the cover, baking made easy - in minutes

Angela
22-Jul-07, 10:29
try Fast Cakes by Mary Berry, lovely all in one recipes, think it is on amazon
says on the cover, baking made easy - in minutes

That's a great book, mrs n. :D I've checked - it's £5.99 from Amazon.

There's one just for Fairy Cakes as well by Joanna Farrow - good for kids' parties and so on - £3.99 on Amazon.

I like the 'Baking' book in the Farmhouse Kitchen series from many moons ago, but I'm sure it's long since out of print. Might be possible to find a second hand copy though.;)

floyed
22-Jul-07, 12:27
Thank you all for responding :D .

I am going to take a look on ebay an see if i can get any of the books mentioned, my little boy and me do baking every sunday so it will be great to have something different to bake. :)

anneoctober
22-Jul-07, 21:21
Thank you all for responding :D .

I am going to take a look on ebay an see if i can get any of the books mentioned, my little boy and me do baking every sunday so it will be great to have something different to bake. :)
Apart from James Martin, all the others mentioned have been tried & tested by myself and now my daughter, and in due course, no doubt HER daughter!
Hmmm, any chance of a tasting session......?

Angela
22-Jul-07, 22:00
my little boy and me do baking every sunday so it will be great to have something different to bake.

Can we come round for tea, please, floyed? ;) :lol:

Dadie
05-Aug-07, 14:05
have a look in the charity shops you can usually find cook books in them cheap!
swri books are good for no fuss baking or some schools have had recipe books published good housekeeping books are good too

if you pick them up cheap enough you dont mind that you only use a few of the recipes or they suffer a mishap!

Chligh
23-Sep-07, 23:47
a

t Wendys Hairdressers