PDA

View Full Version : CHANNEL FIVE ??

GAMEBOY2159
08-Jul-05, 22:55
HELLO WAS JUST WONDERING DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN WERE GETTING CHANNEL FIVE UP IN THE NORTH AS ITS BEEN SOME TIME NOW ANY WERE STILL STUCK WITH THE FOUR CHANNELS ALSO WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT GETTING IT HERE T.Y. COMMENTS PLZ....

Fran
09-Jul-05, 02:40
:D You can get channel 5 on Sky or Freeview. A freeview box is priced from £35.

GAMEBOY2159
09-Jul-05, 11:46
I KNOW WE CAN GET IT ON SKY :eek: I HAVE SKY BUT WHEN CAN WE EXPECT IT ON THE TV CHANNEL AS WHEN IT COMES TO WIND FARMS NO PROBLEM PUTTING THEM UP ITS FOR THE FOLK THAT DONT HAVE SKY AND ALSO WHY ARE WE WAITING SO LONG JUST BECAUSE WERE UP NORTH ALSO FIRST FOR PAYING POLL TAX OR DUMPING NUCLEAR WASTE SO WHY NOT CHANNEL FIVE???

johnl
09-Jul-05, 12:03
We will not be getting channel 5 up here on analogue at all.Whats the point of spending money when the signal is going to be switched off in 2008 or 2009.Stick with freeview thats what i have.

captain chaos
09-Jul-05, 22:45
GAMEBOY2159

We dont have the high crime rates ,murders and pollution the south enjoy , should we also get these as well just because we are "up north" ;)

Ps Where is the Nuclear dumping site? [disgust] [disgust]

cezzy1234
10-Jul-05, 21:32
just get free veiw box its a lot cheeper than sky and much better

fred
11-Jul-05, 10:24
HELLO WAS JUST WONDERING DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN WERE GETTING CHANNEL FIVE UP IN THE NORTH AS ITS BEEN SOME TIME NOW ANY WERE STILL STUCK WITH THE FOUR CHANNELS ALSO WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT GETTING IT HERE T.Y. COMMENTS PLZ....

We won't be getting Channel 5 on terrestrial.

It won't be long before the government starts giving away digital boxes free to anyone who doesn't already have one. Then they will close down the terrestrial transmitters and rent out the frequencies they use to mobile phone companies for a lot of money.

scorrie
11-Jul-05, 11:31
I KNOW WE CAN GET IT ON SKY :eek: I HAVE SKY BUT WHEN CAN WE EXPECT IT ON THE TV CHANNEL AS WHEN IT COMES TO WIND FARMS NO PROBLEM PUTTING THEM UP ITS FOR THE FOLK THAT DONT HAVE SKY AND ALSO WHY ARE WE WAITING SO LONG JUST BECAUSE WERE UP NORTH ALSO FIRST FOR PAYING POLL TAX OR DUMPING NUCLEAR WASTE SO WHY NOT CHANNEL FIVE???

If you have Sky and get Channel 5, you will know that it is not worth putting anywhere, let alone on a system that is being switched off soon anyway. Then again maybe we should make a point about not being catered for "Up North" Let's get a campaign going, placards, demonstrations, petitions etc. I am sure we could get our local pubs behind it (maybe another Butchers against Drugs scenario) after all I am sure Channel 5 has been a great source of extra customers for bars in the area.

Viva Diva
11-Jul-05, 20:39
Channel 5 is actually getting much better. What really annoys me about it is their recent habit of picking up great american shows like CSI and House when people up here without channel 5 cannot see them and appreciate them.

lassieinfife
11-Jul-05, 20:51
Why all the moaning about not getting channel 5 up north ? :( plenty others places dont recieve it either....... [disgust] I live in the centre of Fife and I cant get it,so I will be buying a freeview box just so that I can watch CSI ... :D thought we do have a high crime rate and vandalisim have our murders for this yeas,we also have a bad drink and drug problem.......so whats your problem ifyou can get 5 on sky gameboy.. ops forgot no nuclear dump though we got a naval base :confused

golach
11-Jul-05, 23:12
ops forgot no nuclear dump though we got a naval base :confused
Lassie I hate to tell you you have 5 decommisioned Nuclear Submarines lying in the inner basin in Rosyth rotting away and are more of a threat than Dounreay

scorrie
11-Jul-05, 23:35
Channel 5 is actually getting much better. What really annoys me about it is their recent habit of picking up great american shows like CSI and House when people up here without channel 5 cannot see them and appreciate them.

Oh aye, real quality on there tonight. Three hours to cover the top ten fighter planes and then the top 10 British actors. Tomorrow night we have three and a half hours of continuous Cop shows. Can't wait for the World's Greatest Predators on Wednesday. Pap TV or what?

By the way, for those that haven't seen House, here is the formula:- Strange illness, wrong diagnosis, close to death, brilliant last minute diagnosis, patient AOK. Worth watching for Hugh Laurie though, don't think I'd bother if it weren't for him.

lassieinfife
11-Jul-05, 23:46
ops forgot no nuclear dump though we got a naval base :confused
Lassie I hate to tell you you have 5 decommisioned Nuclear Submarines lying in the inner basin in Rosyth rotting away and are more of a threat than Dounreay

well i didnt want to say and alarm everyone that i just might glow in the dark :evil :D .... you never know i might be in caithness one day and dont want to be ignored lol

Tom Cornwall
12-Jul-05, 19:04
We live in Norfolk and we can't get 5 on terrestrial
so it's not just up north that's being victimised (if that's the word) :D