PDA

View Full Version : Disaster

Dadie
21-Jul-07, 09:22
yesterday went to homebase for paint and managed to emulsion the inside of my hubbys car by accident ... the lid came of the paint...dripped down the dash..passengers side of the car ..all over me...not a good start to painting the new house.. hopefully today i will be painting what i should be!

Ash
21-Jul-07, 09:41
oh god, cant imagine he would have been very happy
hope you got it cleaned up ok

Dadie
21-Jul-07, 09:45
No he was not very happy and its still not cleaned up very well! but it could have been worse.. could have been me not the car .. cars are replacable ..

Ash
21-Jul-07, 09:46
No he was not very happy and its still not cleaned up very well! but it could have been worse.. could have been me not the car .. cars are replacable ..

lol true very true!

the lid couldnt have been on very well:confused

Dadie
21-Jul-07, 09:51
though got told last night wives are just about as easily replaced.. think someone wasnt happy!

sam
21-Jul-07, 09:54
lol it could of been a lot worse, it could of been gloss paint;)

Dadie
21-Jul-07, 10:22
dont think i will get to drive his car again ! ever!

johno
21-Jul-07, 10:44
it s gonna take a bit of cleaning, but there,s no lasting damage & hubby.l get over it. [ in time] lol

DarkAngel
21-Jul-07, 12:34
Oh No...Cleaning up spilt paint is a nightmare...The lid must not have been on properly...Unless you were being colin McRae in the car...[lol]

caroline
21-Jul-07, 13:33
Sounds as though the lid was not on properly. You should have went back into Homebase and asked for a replacement tin of paint. Also asked for a manager of Homebase to come out and look at the mess in your car.

justine
21-Jul-07, 13:41
i do believe that they also supply paint lid clips that keep the lid on.I am supprised that they did not put any on.When we buy paint we ask them for them if they do notoffer them up...I would be seeing the manager....

johno
21-Jul-07, 13:53
i do feel sorry for your plight. but why wasnt it in the boot.? :(

floyed
21-Jul-07, 14:16
That's gonna take some cleaning, they should of put clips on it to stop it from opening i was up the other day and the boy put them on didn't need to ask.

caroline
21-Jul-07, 16:32
Surely the clips are only for specially mixed paint tins to your own colour requirements and not Dulux, Crown or Homebase own make.

anneoctober
21-Jul-07, 19:44
i do feel sorry for your plight. but why wasnt it in the boot.? :(
BECAUSE, Johno, us ladies never know whether we're coming or going, what with work, housework, kids, husbands..........:roll:
Also becos we're blonde.................

johno
21-Jul-07, 19:48
BECAUSE, Johno, us ladies never know whether we're coming or going, what with work, housework, kids, husbands..........
Also becos we're blonde.................
awe, i do feel sorry fore you,:( HONESTLY [lol]

Tubthumper
21-Jul-07, 20:18
I went out down to Wick Homebase
Upon the trail of DIY
As I searched around for parking place
I heard a loud and awful cry
That shriek was one that shook my bones
My hair on end, gyrating stones
It faded down to sobbing moans
And I went o’er to seeeeee….

A fine wee lass, a bonny wee lass
With paint upon her feet
Upon her hubby’s dashboard and
All o’er the passenger seat
Oh what a filthy kind of mess
That poor wee lass was in
And all because the manager
Forgot to seal the tin

I watched, afraid to show my face
For fear of what she’d do
This lassie ain’t in state of grace
There’s thunder on her broo’
A growling sound came out her lips
Her body in convulsion
Thank god it wasnae gloss she spilt
But just plain old emulsion

With paint amongst her hair
And running down her trouser legs
It surely isnae fair
She did a kind of coloured dance
As if to gods beseech
The car began metallic blue
And ended in hint of peach

She stamped and raged around the site
Her face and hands were covered
While in the car the carpets were
In fine matt vinyl smothered
She cursed the day she’d come to Wick
Her reputation tarnished
Cos now she just could not sit down
Because her drawers were varnished

With swear words on her lips
The paint was drying rapidly
Upon her fulsome hips
She’d have to face the music soon
The ending of the story-a
And tell her wrathfull hubby
‘Bout his fine Vauxhall Magnolia

johno
21-Jul-07, 20:22
thats very good tubthumper,....cool.[lol] [lol]

floyed
21-Jul-07, 20:28
very good tubthumper made me smile :D

htwood
21-Jul-07, 21:05
Enjoyed your post Tubthumper. What talent we have on the Org.

anneoctober
21-Jul-07, 22:20
Absolutely fabulous !! :D What a poet, ( an don't he know it! )
Keep them rollin ' off the tongue tubthumper .......:cool:

Margaret M.
22-Jul-07, 01:32
Tubthumper, that was awesome!

Dadie
22-Jul-07, 20:58
great ditty ...paint was willow (light green) car was a rover 75(red) speed was less than 20mph paint was in the boot but the back seats were still down after taking the spare bed through to the new house..

anneoctober
22-Jul-07, 21:02
great ditty ...paint was willow (light green) car was a rover 75(red) speed was less than 20mph paint was in the boot but the back seats were still down after taking the spare bed through to the new house..
Sounds logical to me....eh Johno? :lol:

johno
22-Jul-07, 21:21
aw dont worry about it it, i would be to embarrassed to tell you what i did to one of my cars. and im gonna leave it at that.

anneoctober
22-Jul-07, 21:24
aw dont worry about it it, i would be to embarrassed to tell you what i did to one of my cars. and im gonna leave it at that.
Have you ALWAYS been a tease Johno?? ;)

johno
22-Jul-07, 22:15
Have you ALWAYS been a tease Johno?? ;)
yep.........................:evil

Liz
22-Jul-07, 22:21

What you actually did may not be as bad as I/we are now imagining!!!:eek::lol:

DarkAngel
22-Jul-07, 22:43
Very good tubthumper....You have talent!!:cool:

johno
23-Jul-07, 11:52
What you actually did may not be as bad as I/we are now imagining!!!:eek::lol:
o but it was & still is

EDDIE
23-Jul-07, 11:57
I dont think u will ever get it cleaned up properly and replacing the seats or carpets would be dear.Me being a smoker i was smoking in my girlfriends car and i flicked ash out the window and guess what the ash of the fag blew back in and it burnt holes on the seat and honestly what a row i got for that she was not happy at all and it was a proper row and to replace a seat your looking about £1000 and to recover it the material is about £300.
Its like everything else in life just one of those things that are sent to try us.

NLP
23-Jul-07, 12:30
Well done Tupthumper very clever
Shame about the paint men over react when it comes to cars you should have heard mine when I got a wee dent

DarkAngel
23-Jul-07, 12:34
Well done Tupthumper very clever
Shame about the paint men over react when it comes to cars you should have heard mine when I got a wee dent

Should have heard mine when i accidentally put a tiny scratch on it with the car keys...Hardly noticable to me or anyone else probably...BUT...HE noticed it!!!!:roll:

Men!!!

Dadie
25-Jul-07, 19:27
yup men always notice things wrong with their cars but cannot see the bin needing changed socks on floors or toilet seats that are up!

Tubthumper
25-Jul-07, 19:37
yup men always notice things wrong with their cars but cannot see the bin needing changed socks on floors or toilet seats that are up!
Yup, women never notice things wrong with the car, obsess about the bins they fill to overflowing, get totally worked up over socks airing in peace on the floor, and insist on leaving the toilet seat down!
How could we live without them though!?

laguna2
25-Jul-07, 19:40
Yup, women never notice things wrong with the car, obsess about the bins they fill to overflowing, get totally worked up over socks airing in peace on the floor, and insist on leaving the toilet seat down!
How could we live without them though!?

You defintely couldn't live without us - cos you would run out of socks and not be able to get into the kitchen because of the overflowing bins - not that you might know what to do when you got into the kitchen :lol: