6.00-6.45 - boss hogg 5
5.00-5.45 - plastic food 4
4.00-4.45 – all stitched up 3
3.00-3.45 - liquid blue 2
2.00-2.45 - waffles 1

Deemac
21-Jul-07, 15:27
K,
As ever your communication skills appear questionable!!

I feel its worth mentioning the dates an days of these 2 events - AT EVERY opportunity. (do not assume ANYTHING from the viewer).

It's in the interest for ALL the bands and the event as a whole!!!

I know you will not take well to my advice - but hey I'm in the mood . . . . :D

zebedy
21-Jul-07, 15:50
i for one looking at this new line up im not pleased.
and to see only that my band has been moved, without any information passed on!

My band who are not called waffles any more but " No Exit Wound " - www.myspace.com/noexitwound

are not happy from what we can see, High Voltage have dropped out and you have replaced them with All Stitched Up!

Now we had our time fixed!
Bit instead of doin the simple thing which would of avoided this hic-up was put the " fill in " band in the place of were the other band dropped out!

I have PM'd u K Dragon. Please reply

K dragon
21-Jul-07, 17:57
jack tough.

all bands were told...and you as a performer should know already, that changing names and etc is ill advised before a gig.

the posters were done before the name change so tough.

high voltage pulled out, all stitched up asked for a gig.

all stitched up have some high credit, a fan base and have played over scotland for many years. they have all their stuff in gear and in line.

waffles havent had a gig yet to my knowledge. most bands have played live, but waffles. i had faith that you guys would be great openers to kick off saturday. im sorry but decisions have to be made. you havent played live i dont know what your like so i have to place you first, i cant keep everyone happy.

its not fair im sure you shall think, but its done.

zebedy
21-Jul-07, 18:10
jack tough.

all bands were told...and you as a performer should know already, that changing names and etc is ill advised before a gig.

TBH, K dragon,
The name only changed 4 days ago!
and i couldnt give a flyin Fife about the poster not having the right name on it. ( neither do u if u have All Stitched Up playing and not on the poster? )

and to make this clear, i have no beef with ASU infact im friends with all members of the band and have been for a number of years. having played with one of them in a band before!

Just the time changing, without any warning has ticked me off!
It Could of been Handled alot better.

zebedy
21-Jul-07, 18:13
Not asking you to change it back! although it would work in our favour!

And if you want a taster of what we sound like
make your way to Skins this cumin Friday.

" + support " = being No Exit Wound

Jeid
21-Jul-07, 19:20
I kinda agree with Jack, the communcation has been lacking tbh. I'm sure Jack would've been a lot happier you'd taken two seconds to send a PM saying that their slot had been moved.

Nowt much you can do now... Also agree with Deemac

loganbiffy
21-Jul-07, 19:28
I kinda agree with Jack, the communcation has been lacking tbh. I'm sure Jack would've been a lot happier you'd taken two seconds to send a PM saying that their slot had been moved.

Nowt much you can do now... Also agree with Deemac

Yeah seems to have been handles pretty shoddily but there aint much can be done about the time change now.

As for it being "Ill Advised" to change name be4 a gig, i think that is totally down to the band. We aint hurting anyone by changing the name and plus All Stitched Up are not on the poster anyway so what`s the problem?

stratman
21-Jul-07, 19:43
Come on guys. Kdragon took on this on voluntarily and it ain't easy at least support him in public and send positive support by pm. Keep it up Kdragon.

Jeid
21-Jul-07, 19:49
Yeah seems to have been handles pretty shoddily but there aint much can be done about the time change now.

As for it being "Ill Advised" to change name be4 a gig, i think that is totally down to the band. We aint hurting anyone by changing the name and plus All Stitched Up are not on the poster anyway so what`s the problem?

Incorrect, All Stitched Up, ARE on the poster.

There's no point moaning about it, decisions are pretty much down to K Dragon, he is a volunteer and he doesn't need people moaning about it. Yeah, it probably wasn't handled the best, but it's a learning curve for him.

Plus, it's not about playing later in the day... opening the Saturday is still a good slot. If you play as well as you can, then you're gonna make people remember you no matter what.

stratman
21-Jul-07, 19:52
Nice one Jeid.

Deemac
21-Jul-07, 23:30
In my day (gosh twas MANY moon's ago!!) . . . I preferred to actually go on early (or even first).

1. You got a sound check (and probaby the only one of the day).

2. ALL the band was sobber and played MUCH better!!.

3. You got it out the way and could then enjoy the rest of the day. (with your "Access ALL Areas" & green room passes!!!!!)

4. You got all the gear out the way and safely home.

5. You had the pleasure of slagging off ALL the rest of the band's as you had done your part - to perfection of course (to the dedicated, and interested few!!!)

6. You had the pick of the groupies!!!!! (while the other twats entertained them for you at the end) . . . . . :D

loganbiffy
22-Jul-07, 02:13
Incorrect, All Stitched Up, ARE on the poster.

There's no point moaning about it, decisions are pretty much down to K Dragon, he is a volunteer and he doesn't need people moaning about it. Yeah, it probably wasn't handled the best, but it's a learning curve for him.

Plus, it's not about playing later in the day... opening the Saturday is still a good slot. If you play as well as you can, then you're gonna make people remember you no matter what.

So in your first post you `kinda` agree with jack then in your next you say lay off k dragon? we werent picking on anyone, would just be nice to be told.
what would have happened if none of us came on the org and didnt know about time change? certainly wouldn`t have been our fault if we never turned up until our original time slot. All I`m saying is a phone call would not have hurt.

Jeid
22-Jul-07, 09:13
Yeah, I said I kinda agree, and there's no point moaning about it. What's done is done. He obviously knew that you came on here. Yeah, a phone call would've been grand etc etc. It's just the way of the world

Camra
22-Jul-07, 12:52
Initial thought on seeing schedule was that it was starting on Friday morning and finished at 6pm in the evening....now realise its in reverse order........... haha stupid me.
Hope public performance licence has been ok'd for these late night sessions

canuck
22-Jul-07, 13:30
In my day (gosh twas MANY moon's ago!!) . . . I preferred to actually go on early (or even first). ...

zebedy, I totally agree with Deemac. First is often best.

You just go in there on Saturday at 2 and knock the socks off everyone.

Set that bar so high that the other bands will have to work really hard to reach it!

zebedy
22-Jul-07, 14:36
You just go in there on Saturday at 2 and knock the socks off everyone.

Set that bar so high that the other bands will have to work really hard to reach it!

cheers Canuck (Y) :)

Jeemag_USA
22-Jul-07, 17:16

And I bet they will too, if anyone can No Exit Waffles can, and they do have a fanbase, even despite my disappointment in the name change I remain loyal [lol]

Jeid
22-Jul-07, 18:01
Initial thought on seeing schedule was that it was starting on Friday morning and finished at 6pm in the evening....now realise its in reverse order........... haha stupid me.
Hope public performance licence has been ok'd for these late night sessions

I know a certain lady who thought the exact same.

K dragon
22-Jul-07, 19:50
thats why they are on first.

i know zeb and he is an amazing musician.

i need a good opener, i believe they can do it.

and i agree i liked waffles better, and thats nothing to do with recent events lol

Jeid
22-Jul-07, 19:52
Waffles is a far better name. Agreed. You can chant it... you should always be able to chant a good band name