PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to dog owners

Fifi
08-Jul-05, 16:46
Thanks...... to all you inconsiderate dog owners that have just ruined a lovely walk up Thurso riverside by allowing your dogs to crap all over the paths and not cleared up after them!

Picture the scene - the sun is shining, the birds are tweeting, river flowing past, people strolling, all is well until they step in a pile of dog dirt. During the ensuing clean up gets it on their hands and clothes. It gets picked up on feet, pram, bicycle and wheelchair wheels - transferred to the car, your carpets at home where the baby crawls. Now there is not only the mess to deal with, it's a potential health hazard.

Why do you have a pet if you have no intention of looking after it properly? You may be dog lovers but you obviously don't give a stuff about your fellow humans! I don't think I can express my disgust in strong enough terms to vent my anger properly at how disgusting this is without being kicked off the message board ! You're giving a bad name to responsible owners and I hope one day your dogs get incontinent all over your house so you know what you're doing to other people!

Margaret M.
08-Jul-05, 19:39
Oh don't get me started -- this is one of my pet peeves. I walk my dogs twice a day and always have my wee plastic baggies with me. I get soooooo aggravated with those inconsiderates who are too darn lazy to clean up after their dog. The streets in Wick used to be really bad -- they need to more actively enforce the law governing this.

Liz
08-Jul-05, 19:56
Fifi and Margaret I join you in my disgust at people who let their dogs foul streets and walkways.
It is down to one thing - laziness!!!
What does it take to carry a couple of poo bags (I even have biodegradable ones!) and scoop up the poo?

I walk my dog in the country and it is disgusting the number of dog poos which are at the side of the road. It's even worse if you're walking in the dark winter evenings as, if you have to move in to the roadside because of a car coming, you've no idea what you may stand in!

It's not the dogs fault but their lazy owners!!!!! [mad]

Liz

Bob M
08-Jul-05, 21:05
While I agree with every one of you who complain about dog fouling we must remember that they can be prosecuted by law unlike the "cat owners" who allow their so called pets to foul everyones garden and currently cannot be prosecuted for it. It's high time they were! and made to clean up the mess their "pets" leave. If anyone wonders why I have used apostrophy marks it is because I do not consider these people to be legitimate pet owners and therefore the animals cannot be considered as pets but should be classed as vermin and destroyed accordingly (humanely of course) my area is seriously over populated with cats which roam freely day and night and it renders our gardens unfit for children to play in so dont just single out dogs or more importanly their owners for vituperation.

Fifi
08-Jul-05, 22:44
Bob, good word but I don't think I was being 'severely abusive' (or not as much as I wanted to be)! I totally sympathise with your cat problem but if the dog problem can not be tackled (which, as you say is recognised in law as a prosecutable offence) then you have no hope!

Cats are recognised as free spirits/semi wild, whatever you want to call it and it would be pretty hard to follow them about to scoop their poop! However, when you are holding one end of a 6ft leash with a crapping dog at the other end then it is pretty hard to deny that you knew where it was doing its business! Therefore the owners are entirely responsible.

How many people have actually been prosecuted for this offence anyway? Can I make a citizen's arrest??! How about we all carry cameras to snap the illicit poopers then post their photos on a big board in the town. When they are named and shamed they could be put in stocks and the poop thrown at them (ok, I'm drifting now but it's Friday night and I've had a beer!) :lol:

Liz
08-Jul-05, 23:03
While I agree with every one of you who complain about dog fouling we must remember that they can be prosecuted by law unlike the "cat owners" who allow their so called pets to foul everyones garden and currently cannot be prosecuted for it. It's high time they were! and made to clean up the mess their "pets" leave. If anyone wonders why I have used apostrophy marks it is because I do not consider these people to be legitimate pet owners and therefore the animals cannot be considered as pets but should be classed as vermin and destroyed accordingly (humanely of course) my area is seriously over populated with cats which roam freely day and night and it renders our gardens unfit for children to play in so dont just single out dogs or more importanly their owners for vituperation.

Whilst I do not agree with pet cats being allowed to 'roam freely day and night' I have to say that the very nature of a cat is to 'roam' and they cannot be restricted in the same way as a dog so it would be impossible to prosecute owners for 'allowing' their cats to foul in other people's gardens.
What about the stray cats who have no option but to roam? Are they to be classed as vermin and euthanased because of the irresponsiblity of humans?! Also who would pay for this?
I can understand you not being happy at having a large number of cats coming into your garden but please don't demonise cats as they are beautiful creatures who give great pleasure and companionship to many and the owners who truly care for their cats shouldn't be punished because of the behaviour of the owners who don't care and those who dump cats and kittens.
On a practical note have you considered installing a Catwatch in your garden?
I had a cat coming into my garden after the birds I feed (my own is too lazy to chase them!) and it has worked brilliantly. It emits a high pitched noise which the cats don't like. There are cheaper models which are advertised in newspapers but they are useless.

Cats Protection is working very hard to reduce the number of stray cats and kittens in Caithness and will neuter strays and help with the costs of neutering for those on low income. However, it feels like a losing battle as we constantly hear of unneutered cats being 'dumped', especially in the countryside, and if they are not caught and neutered will go on to have litter after litter and so the problem goes on and on.
We also are finding it very difficult to find homes for cats and kittens in our care as there seems to be so many unwanted cats and kittens in Caithness and not enough people to give them homes!
So please do not vent your anger onto the cats as it is not a cat problem but a people problem as is the case with dog fouling.

Liz

Margaret M.
09-Jul-05, 01:20
Liz, what a wonderful response. I applaud you for the work you do. I will never understand how anyone can dump an innocent animal. An act like that speaks volumes about the character of such an individual.

Are they to be classed as vermin and euthanased

You think it reasonable that they forfeit their life for pooping in your garden???

Fran
09-Jul-05, 02:32
[mad] Bob M states that cat owners are not pet owners and that cats are vernom and should be put down.
What a terrible thing to say, obviously not a cat lover like most people.
Cats are very clean, affectionate and harmless creatures. when they poo they make a hole and cover it up afterwards. what about all the wildlife who have to poo as well.
Cats certainly are not vermin. [mad]

Fran
09-Jul-05, 02:34
While I agree with every one of you who complain about dog fouling we must remember that they can be prosecuted by law unlike the "cat owners" who allow their so called pets to foul everyones garden and currently cannot be prosecuted for it. It's high time they were! and made to clean up the mess their "pets" leave. If anyone wonders why I have used apostrophy marks it is because I do not consider these people to be legitimate pet owners and therefore the animals cannot be considered as pets but should be classed as vermin and destroyed accordingly (humanely of course) my area is seriously over populated with cats which roam freely day and night and it renders our gardens unfit for children to play in so dont just single out dogs or more importanly their owners for vituperation. [mad] :evil [evil]

mareng
09-Jul-05, 07:37
Thanks...... to all you inconsiderate dog owners that have just ruined a lovely walk up Thurso riverside by allowing your dogs to crap all over the paths and not cleared up after them!

Picture the scene - the sun is shining, the birds are tweeting, river flowing past, people strolling, all is well until they step in a pile of dog dirt. During the ensuing clean up gets it on their hands and clothes. It gets picked up on feet, pram, bicycle and wheelchair wheels - transferred to the car, your carpets at home where the baby crawls. Now there is not only the mess to deal with, it's a potential health hazard.

Why do you have a pet if you have no intention of looking after it properly? You may be dog lovers but you obviously don't give a stuff about your fellow humans! I don't think I can express my disgust in strong enough terms to vent my anger properly at how disgusting this is without being kicked off the message board ! You're giving a bad name to responsible owners and I hope one day your dogs get incontinent all over your house so you know what you're doing to other people!

I started a thread on this subject around 4 months ago where I suggested that Thurso seemed like the dogcrap capital of UK. Obviously the dogowners involved do not read these forums.

Fifi
09-Jul-05, 09:49
Aye Mareng, you're right. Maybe they are reading it though and just don't give a hoot - after all there must be a fair proportion of dog owners in the number of people that have viewed this topic. Sorry to repeat a topic but I was just so incensed after my walk that I felt compelled to put fingers to keyboard.

Obviously the threat of a fine is not enough - some people need to be prosecuted to get the message through. Again, not an easy one to deal with as they are hard to catch and I know that I don't want the Police tied up with this matter! For God's sake people just start clearing up after yourselves! By allowing this you might as well be dropping your pants and doing it yourselves - yes, it's that offensive!!

I am starting to think the stocks for public shaming in matters like these are a good idea! Debate anyone?? :lol:

katarina
09-Jul-05, 10:36
They are not any better in Wick. Since we seldom if ever see dogs roam around unacompanied now-a-days, we can only assume that the owners stand by and wait untill the pets poop! and not just along scenic walks - many pavements are covered with the stuff as well. There is a law, and it should be implemented! Are we allowed to photograph those who we catch in the act?

As to cats - I thought mostly cats bury their own mess!

laguna2
09-Jul-05, 10:40
[mad] Cats are very clean, affectionate and harmful creatures. . [mad]

Hopefully Fran, you means harmLESS creatures.

Whilst I am not a cat lover, I wouldn't harm one, and certainly don't agree that they should be put down!!!

On the subject of dog poo - I totally agree with everything said, responsible owners are unfortunately grouped together with those who couldn't care less!!

mareng
09-Jul-05, 12:36

Oh dear - what a bitter person. I wouldn't be surprised if your neighbours think your area is seriously overpopulated by ....... YOU!

FiFi- You are quite right to highlight the persistant problem. What a nice welcome for tourists!

Alli
10-Jul-05, 15:21
Where to start with this one!! I have a neighbour,and if your reading this, you will know I mean you! He takes both of his dogs down to the grass strip in front of our house and lets the animals foul there. He has been approached and is totally ignorant and refusues to pick up the dog mess,( which I have). I telephoned the Council regarding the matter and was told to take pictures of said public nuisance but he knows I will do it and has changed the time he goes out with the dogs. But be warned I will catch your dogs in the act and I will get you charged with the offence. :evil

Gizmo
11-Jul-05, 22:55
Maybe you should go and take a crap in his garden....see how he likes it :eek:

Seriously though, it's about time the council clamped down on Dog fouling, it's getting beyond a joke now, maybe it's time to bring back Dog Licenceing.....a bit of an extreme move...but it might just get owners to clean up their pets mess if they could face losing the right to own a Dog.

gleeber
12-Jul-05, 09:19
I love cats and I hate them.
There are a few use my back garden as a staging post on their journey between eating and killing. Their nice wee poo poos are left in a nice tidy pile, unburied on the grass. They prefer shorter grass to longer grass. The friendly neighbourhood blackbird lost his tail last year. I havnt seen him since March this year.
The very same cat I chase outta the garden most days is the very same cat I tickle and talk to when I see it anywhere else.
Some people can love and hate, some only love and some only hate pussy cats.
I think cat owners could be classed as fair game just as dog owners are being demonised in this thread, and rightly so.
Cat traps could be supplied by the council. 20 quid on our council tax per year is a small price to pay for bringing cat owners into the same irresponsible bracket as ignorant dog owners. Any cat linked genetically to a mess in anyones garden could earn its owner say a 5 point penalty. After 15 points have been accrued the cat owner could be warned that next time its a cork or a bullet. :eek: Maybe then cat lovers will be become aware that Bob M has a legitimate gripe against cats fouling in his own personal space. It is hypocrasy to turn a blind eye against cat owners but demonize dog owners and although I am aware of the difficulties in equalising the situation lets not seperate something that is almost the same in nature.
In fact, on reflection maybe I see cat fouling as a bigger problem because of the attitudes displayed by cat lovers and even myself when I try to rationalise it. :confused

nicola jane
12-Jul-05, 13:29
It would appear that once again responsible dog owners are being tarred with the same brush as the few who continually and blatently allow their dogs to become a major nuisance to others in and around town. I am the owner of two dogs, between me and my dog walker they are walked on average 12 miles a day, I have NEVER ONCE not cleared up after them.

I have even on occassion tackled a woman round the Mall who I watched clean up after her dog only to watch in sheer disbeleif as she chucked the bag into the river. On speaking to her it was quiet apparent that she lacked common courtesy and brain power to even realise what she had done.

On more than one occassion I have found myself clearing up after other dog owners and also the louts who continually break their carry out bottles around the footpaths.

I have been back home for 6 years now and have yet to see the alledged 'Dog Warden' who is supposed to enforce the fixed penalties................. what exactly is he being payed for? Also the frequency of the Dog bins being emptied is another serious area of concern as more often than not they are overflowing with bags.

I would have absolutely NO objection to having the dog - lisence fee re-introduced, it may then deter people who should never be allowed to own a dog - but then again I've been known to say this about some people having children.........

scorrie
12-Jul-05, 13:50
There are a few use my back garden as a staging post on their journey between eating and killing. Their nice wee poo poos are left in a nice tidy pile, unburied on the grass. They prefer shorter grass to longer grass. The friendly neighbourhood blackbird lost his tail last year. I havnt seen him since March this year.
The very same cat I chase outta the garden most days is the very same cat I tickle and talk to when I see it anywhere else.
Some people can love and hate, some only love and some only hate pussy cats.
I think cat owners could be classed as fair game just as dog owners are being demonised in this thread, and rightly so.
Cat traps could be supplied by the council. 20 quid on our council tax per year is a small price to pay for bringing cat owners into the same irresponsible bracket as ignorant dog owners. Any cat linked genetically to a mess in anyones garden could earn its owner say a 5 point penalty. After 15 points have been accrued the cat owner could be warned that next time its a cork or a bullet. :eek: Maybe then cat lovers will be become aware that Bob M has a legitimate gripe against cats fouling in his own personal space. It is hypocrasy to turn a blind eye against cat owners but demonize dog owners and although I am aware of the difficulties in equalising the situation lets not seperate something that is almost the same in nature.
In fact, on reflection maybe I see cat fouling as a bigger problem because of the attitudes displayed by cat lovers and even myself when I try to rationalise it. :confused

There is a world of difference between cat and dog fouling. For one thing, cats will not cack on the pavement and leave it for some unsuspecting Hush Puppy to tread on. Another thing is that you can train a dog, most cats will just look at you and wonder what on earth you think you are trying to do. Cats are not taken around everywhere like a toilet on legs and tend to stick to gardens, where they will bury the evidence if conditions are suitable.

As for cat traps, I think people traps would do more good and would lead to less crime, less vomiting and urinating in the streets and less strewn food and rubbish. Compared to the crap we leave lying around cats, and even dogs, are pretty small beer in the garbage business.

Liz
12-Jul-05, 15:07
As I said earlier dogs and cats are completely different! Dogs can be contained and taken out for walks and it is the responsibility of the owner to clear up their mess.
You cannot contain cats who by their very nature will roam. As I also said what about all the strays? Do you propose to round them all up and euthanase them for the crime of c******g in someone's garden!!!!!! :(
How on earth would it work to trap cats and match them with the offending poo?

It really saddens me that when a animal causes any problems (in our eyes) then the answer is to kill them!!!

Totally agree with Scorrie. Look at all the mess created by humans. When I go for a walk I'm apalled by the amount of litter on the roadside which not only looks awful but poses a threat to both wildlife and farm animals. Also what about the amount of broken glass found on popular walkways?

In all of this it is neither the dogs or cats who are the 'villains' but thoughtless people!! [mad]

Margaret M.
12-Jul-05, 22:51
In all of this it is neither the dogs or cats who are the 'villains' but thoughtless people!!
Exactly!

Maybe then cat lovers will be become aware that Bob M has a legitimate gripe against cats fouling in his own personal space.
Humans can be so arrogant. A cat poops, does its best to bury it to be absorbed by the earth. Can you or Bob claim to leave such a tiny footprint on this planet? Intolerant people are the reason why so many species are no longer around.

katarina
12-Jul-05, 23:11
There are a few use my back garden as a staging post on their journey between eating and killing. Their nice wee poo poos are left in a nice tidy pile, unburied on the grass. They prefer shorter grass to longer grass. :confused

I know it's a bit of bother, but if you chop up orange and lemon peel and scatter it around the garden (as much as possible) the cats will go elsewhere - they can't stand the smell!

gleeber
13-Jul-05, 02:45
I love cat lovers and I hate them too.
Heres a scenario.
6.45am, beautiful sunny morning. Man goes to the washing line with washing done in machine the previous evening. No need for shoes, let the early morning dew in about his toes. Do I need to continue or do the cat lovers amongst us imagine that dew and poo are similar sensations between sensitive toes on a sunny summer morning?
Wake up cat lovers and be aware that your little kitties and their little bitties are just as unwelcome in my back garden as their canine cousins bitties are on the pavements. What are you going to do about my problem with cat poo buried or otherwise in my garden? Are you going to call me intolerant and expect me to smile as i spread oranges and lemons about the garden? :~(
As far as I can make out there are 2 houses in my area who have cats as pets. Why cant these so called responsible cat owners be held responsible for all the cat poo in surrounding gardens and when called upon by their neighbours come round and clean it up? I would be happy with that compromise although I am sure theres others who would still prefer the bullet. :eek:
If they are not prepared to clean up after moggy has done its business then dont expect any sympathy from me regarding pussys nature as a free spirit.
Actually I agree theres a big difference between dog owners and cat lovers, but unfortunately cat lovers just dont get it. [mad]

mareng
13-Jul-05, 07:18
I love cat lovers and I hate them too.
Heres a scenario.
6.45am, beautiful sunny morning. Man goes to the washing line with washing done in machine the previous evening. No need for shoes, let the early morning dew in about his toes. Do I need to continue or do the cat lovers amongst us imagine that dew and poo are similar sensations between sensitive toes on a sunny summer morning?
Wake up cat lovers and be aware that your little kitties and their little bitties are just as unwelcome in my back garden as their canine cousins bitties are on the pavements. What are you going to do about my problem with cat poo buried or otherwise in my garden? Are you going to call me intolerant and expect me to smile as i spread oranges and lemons about the garden? :~(
As far as I can make out there are 2 houses in my area who have cats as pets. Why cant these so called responsible cat owners be held responsible for all the cat poo in surrounding gardens and when called upon by their neighbours come round and clean it up? I would be happy with that compromise although I am sure theres others who would still prefer the bullet. :eek:
If they are not prepared to clean up after moggy has done its business then dont expect any sympathy from me regarding pussys nature as a free spirit.
Actually I agree theres a big difference between dog owners and cat lovers, but unfortunately cat lovers just dont get it. [mad]

Yeah - right! And if you can just identify the seagull that hit your laundry, I'll be right round to sort it out as well.

Cats are free to roam and cannot be kept within the confines of their owner's garden. However there are some people that seem to make it their "pet hate" and sit in their house and fester.

If it wasn't that - it would probably be their neighbour mowing the grass on a Monday morning.

There are lots of measures that you can take to discourage cats from coming into your garden which will not earn you the condemnation of your neighbours.

JimH
13-Jul-05, 08:13
WE have a dog that is trained to chase cats out of the garden - AND WE CLEAN :Razz UP AFTER IT

mareng
13-Jul-05, 09:12
WE have a dog that is trained to chase cats out of the garden - AND WE CLEAN :Razz UP AFTER IT

Good for you, but I hope your dog doesn't attack any children - you'd probably regret printing that you had trained your dog to be aggressive.

Just a thought

lassieinfife
13-Jul-05, 09:24

Good for you, but I hope your dog doesn't attack any children - you'd probably regret printing that you had trained your dog to be aggressive.

Just a thought

tiz the nature of the hound to chase the cat.......that dont make it aggressive
have had cats and dogs and i say no matter which beast it can be trained to mess its own garden etc without messing others

JimH
13-Jul-05, 12:42
Thank you Lassieinfife - I have four grand children who love the old boy - and cheer him on when he does what is natural.
He is a bit slow now, but he still has the desired affect.
As regards to cats digging little holes and covering up their mess. It is usually just right to put your hand in or the childrens hand when planting out.

scotsboy
13-Jul-05, 13:22
Imagine how the fish feel :roll:

lassieinfife
13-Jul-05, 14:03
Know what you mean Jim our old dog was 17 but didnt lile cats in his garden,but he was all noise n bluff..........think he would have been scared to hell if he had ever caught a cat :lol:
dont get me wrong though I am a cat lover and only last year lost my dog and cat,one to old age one to a car,because she decided to chase a dog [cat with personality disorder...thought she was small dog]so i can see from both sides of fence but as I said in last post all beasts can be taught toilet routine

lassieinfife
13-Jul-05, 14:05
Imagine how the fish feel :roll:

Is that battered with chips n peas????????? :lol: :p

Setanta
13-Jul-05, 17:10
Seriously though, it's about time the council clamped down on Dog fouling, it's getting beyond a joke now, maybe it's time to bring back Dog Licenceing.....a bit of an extreme move...but it might just get owners to clean up their pets mess if they could face losing the right to own a Dog.

No it’s a brilliant idea, if they want pets let them fork out some money for them always raises the respect level when they think they might have to spend a little. Maybe some people might think twice about spending so much on pets and see to their children’s welfare instead.
Heh you could use it like a car licence, put points on it, when they get to a certain number take away the licence and they ability to keep dogs forever.
Someone else said there are far too many cats about, I agree whole heartily. What we should do for a couple of years is to have a glorious 12th for the common man and cull these extra cats. We would be doing wildlife a huge favour. After we got rid of the pests then we could bring in a licence for cats as well that would put a stop to these reckless owners. :evil
£50 a year for dogs, £30 for cats……….now lets see how much you love them. :evil

Margaret M.
13-Jul-05, 18:22
Are you going to call me intolerant and expect me to smile as i spread oranges and lemons about the garden?
Smiling is optional. It troubles me that someone thinks of a bullet as a solution to any problem but more so when the perpetrator is following its instincts and does not have the ability to understand our expectations. :~(

scorrie
13-Jul-05, 19:38
Know what you mean Jim our old dog was 17 but didnt lile cats in his garden,but he was all noise n bluff..........think he would have been scared to hell if he had ever caught a cat :lol:
dont get me wrong though I am a cat lover and only last year lost my dog and cat,one to old age one to a car,because she decided to chase a dog [cat with personality disorder...thought she was small dog]so i can see from both sides of fence but as I said in last post all beasts can be taught toilet routine

So you've owned every cat that ever existed have you? They all have different personalities, just as there are many different "personalities" on this board.

People have a few pets and they think they are qualified to speak about the entire species.

ps I have had words with the pigeons here about their crapping in the garden and they are just not having it.

I remember a TV program called "Training Dogs The Woodhouse Way" but I do not recall a version for cats, wonder why?

scorrie
13-Jul-05, 19:52

Someone else said there are far too many cats about, I agree whole heartily. What we should do for a couple of years is to have a glorious 12th for the common man and cull these extra cats. We would be doing wildlife a huge favour. After we got rid of the pests then we could bring in a licence for cats as well that would put a stop to these reckless owners. :evil
£50 a year for dogs, £30 for cats……….now lets see how much you love them. :evil

There are too many people about as well, let's go the whole hog and have a cull of them as well. I suggest starting with Culls, so that will be Cull cull. That would do wildlife a whole lot more good than any other event in history and the Cullers could dress up in baby seal fur outfits to give a sense of role reversal.

What is Setanta anyway? Oh I remember, It's a crap channel, how appropriate!!

Setanta
14-Jul-05, 00:33
[quote="Setanta"][quote=Gizmo]

Just like your views on pests this is short sighted and unenlightened.
Your channel remark would be funny if it wasn’t so insular and uninformed.
You need to do some research :roll: .

Setanta
14-Jul-05, 00:57
It really saddens me that when a animal causes any problems (in our eyes) then the answer is to kill them!!!

Totally agree with Scorrie. Look at all the mess created by humans.
In all of this it is neither the dogs or cats who are the 'villains' but thoughtless people!! [mad]

Humans to blame, maybe your right, we did domesticate them in the first place. This means if we caused the imbalance in nature then as we have the means to bring it back we should. The argument that we should put humans and animals on the same culling list is just nonsensical. Mind you it has been tried before in Germany, Cambodia and the Balkans to mention a few, it must feel good to be in company of such enlightened like minded people.
Give you credit for mentioning the fouling humans though and their environmental destructive ways, who could argue with you when you look at that big environmental crapper at Dounray. Oh I forgot it puts money in your pockets so it’s OK. By the same equation if I get paid for culling cats then it’s OK.

scorrie
14-Jul-05, 01:21
[quote=Setanta][quote=Gizmo]

Just like your views on pests this is short sighted and unenlightened.
Your channel remark would be funny if it wasn’t so insular and uninformed.
You need to do some research :roll: .

I think you will find that I am more experienced and informed than you are. I challenge you to a General Knowledge Quiz, anyplace, anywhere for £100 a head. Either put up or shut that tiny little waffling gib. I have qualified on a Mensa Test that required 23 out of 33 to be classed as a genius. I scored 31 and will crush you in any competition, let's see where your money is you Pseudo intellectual!!

ps Google doesn't count in quizzes. Bring it on!!

Setanta
14-Jul-05, 01:24
Sorry but we all know that that mensa tests can be learnt.
I think drink is talking here
By hte way my own iq is is over 140

scorrie
14-Jul-05, 01:48
Sorry but we all know that that mensa tests can be learnt

I did mine at the first time of asking. In any case, you can learn as much as you want. The question is, do you accept the challenge , or hide behind your pretendie intelligent friend Google? I await, the £100 is here, are you up for it or are you just another cyberboard coward?

I will swat you like a midgie, is Setanta up for it, or is the cack Channel blocked by it's own output!!

Scorrie, Scorrie, Scorrie, Oi, Oi,Oi

scorrie
14-Jul-05, 01:53

Oh rellie, batter cheque oot ure spelinn on eth word het, 014 QI peepol uzullie doo bettur thin spel id lek "hte" (sic) or is that sick!!

£140 says mine is higher!!

Setanta
14-Jul-05, 02:22

Oh rellie, batter cheque oot ure spelinn on eth word het, 014 QI peepol uzullie doo bettur thin spel id lek "hte" (sic) or is that sick!!

£140 says mine is higher!!
mine is a remy martin ty

mareng
14-Jul-05, 05:23

Children! Sort it out by private mail.

Why don't you both take out adverts telling everyone how clever you both are? Oh - looks like you have already.

htwood
14-Jul-05, 05:31
*Sidesteps the slagfest and heads back to topic*

I love the neighbors cats who greet me when I come home from work, and I hate the cats who crap in my garden (prob the same cats!). So I tickle them in the front yard, but in the backyard, I sprinkle cayenne pepper around the veggie plantings, and bottle caps full of chlorine bleach in the flower beds.
I also have used a cat trap with good results. I caught this old tom who'd been spraying my back door every night, and I put a note on his collar "I caught your cat in my trap, and don't let me catch him again". Never saw him on the prowl again.

Dog licensing is a good idea, both for current vaccinations and for poop controls.

mareng
14-Jul-05, 06:46
Thank you Lassieinfife - I have four grand children who love the old boy - and cheer him on when he does what is natural.
He is a bit slow now, but he still has the desired affect.
As regards to cats digging little holes and covering up their mess. It is usually just right to put your hand in or the childrens hand when planting out.

Apologies - doesn't sound like you'll have a problem, but you can just see the prosecution in a case where a dog attacks a child - rubbing his hands when he sees in print, a declaration that a dog has been trained to be agressive. You didn't say what type/age the dog was in original submission.

Once again - apologies. :D

gleeber
14-Jul-05, 10:30
I had a day up west yesterday. Nailed to a post at the gate down to Colbackie beach was the following sign.

DO NOT DISTURB SHEEP
KEEP YOUR DOGS ON A LEAD
STRAY DOGS MAY BE SHOT
TONGUE COMMON GRAZING COMMITEE

Quite right too but it stll sends a chill into the dog lover bit of me. I havnt had a dog for over 15 years and at that time dog poo was just beginning to be accepted as anoither one of the human races taboos. It was conveniently lost to me as a dog owner who was happy as long as doggy didnt do it at my door. I was aware others were moaning about it but that was their problem.
Imagine the outcry if i posted a sign on my gate about cats and freindly blackbirds and shooting not to mention pooing. Cats are always on my mind, not because I have a phobia but because their danger to me and my pet cockatiel is clear and present. I have to make sure my windows are closed far enough so poor pussy canna get in the window when Im out, although he has tried it when I have been in too. I like to leave my back door open all the year round. One eye has to be reserved for watching out for pussy. I am always chasing them away.My garden is a toilet for at least 2 puissy cats.
One question for the cat lovers.
Am I a gurning old so and so or do I have a legitmate gripe against the complacancy of cat owners? Of course I wouldnt shoot them. Imagine the mess. :~(
Maybe catnapping would be an alternative. Trap them and then release them beside the wind turbines next time I am passing. Loads of dead birds there someone mentioned in an earlier thread. Pussy would be in his element.
I wonder if this would be legal? Can anyone advise me?

Setanta
14-Jul-05, 11:01
[quote=Setanta]
Why don't you both take out adverts telling everyone how clever you both are? Oh - looks like you have already.

Yip being childish sorry

scorrie
14-Jul-05, 12:01

Children! Sort it out by private mail.

Och, it's only a bit of banter. Still we'd better call this a draw and draw a veil over the whole unfortunate affair.

ps Santana, sorry, no Remy Martin here but my cat says she has a Dr Marten you can have ;o)
pps New book just out, "Toilet Training Your Cat", author:- Claude Balls.

mareng
14-Jul-05, 12:32
I had a day up west yesterday. Nailed to a post at the gate down to Colbackie beach was the following sign.

DO NOT DISTURB SHEEP
KEEP YOUR DOGS ON A LEAD
STRAY DOGS MAY BE SHOT
TONGUE COMMON GRAZING COMMITEE

Quite right too but it stll sends a chill into the dog lover bit of me. I havnt had a dog for over 15 years and at that time dog poo was just beginning to be accepted as anoither one of the human races taboos. It was conveniently lost to me as a dog owner who was happy as long as doggy didnt do it at my door. I was aware others were moaning about it but that was their problem.
Imagine the outcry if i posted a sign on my gate about cats and freindly blackbirds and shooting not to mention pooing. Cats are always on my mind, not because I have a phobia but because their danger to me and my pet cockatiel is clear and present. I have to make sure my windows are closed far enough so poor pussy canna get in the window when Im out, although he has tried it when I have been in too. I like to leave my back door open all the year round. One eye has to be reserved for watching out for pussy. I am always chasing them away.My garden is a toilet for at least 2 puissy cats.
One question for the cat lovers.
Am I a gurning old so and so or do I have a legitmate gripe against the complacancy of cat owners? Of course I wouldnt shoot them. Imagine the mess. :~(
Maybe catnapping would be an alternative. Trap them and then release them beside the wind turbines next time I am passing. Loads of dead birds there someone mentioned in an earlier thread. Pussy would be in his element.
I wonder if this would be legal? Can anyone advise me?

I know that people in Thurso have, in the past resorted to that tactic - hard to explain to the little child next door why his/her cat has been found dead at the side of the road out at Bower? Can't see that it is legal either, but would hope that people would see it as morally wrong and not rely on official punishment to deter such action.

Remember that public opinion is a powerful thing and there are many documented cases of local residents hounding people out of town for extreme treatment of domestic pets. In some of those cases I must admit to be an advocate of that solution.

I believe that occured in Inverness within the last few years and involved a teenager.

JimH
15-Jul-05, 07:46
Lets face it - No pet, be it dog, cat, lamb, parrot or whatever is a problem.
IT IS THE OWNERS!

mareng
15-Jul-05, 08:03

I love the neighbors cats who greet me when I come home from work, and I hate the cats who crap in my garden (prob the same cats!). So I tickle them in the front yard, but in the backyard, I sprinkle cayenne pepper around the veggie plantings, and bottle caps full of chlorine bleach in the flower beds.
I also have used a cat trap with good results. I caught this old tom who'd been spraying my back door every night, and I put a note on his collar "I caught your cat in my trap, and don't let me catch him again". Never saw him on the prowl again.

Dog licensing is a good idea, both for current vaccinations and for poop controls.

I like it - a sensible approach, and one that doesn't cause friction with neighbours.

Take heed - the rest of you angst-ridden pet-haters. [evil]

lassieinfife
16-Jul-05, 10:23

I like it - a sensible approach, and one that doesn't cause friction with neighbours.

Take heed - the rest of you angst-ridden pet-haters. [evil]

Hey im not a pet hater . Have had them all my life.......... but I have always cleaned up after my pets and just expect others to do the same ..... if they cant be bothered they shouldnt be allowed to have animals,after all the amimal just doing what comes natural....anyone with a bit of brains knows animal faeces causes many problems and shouldnt be left lying around.SO COME ON FOLKS DO YOUR DUTY :lol: