PDA

View Full Version : Confusing Signs for County Show?

Rheghead
20-Jul-07, 14:58
I have seen the signs on the road for the County Show, it says it is held 20th-21st July, suggesting a two-day event. I didn't realise that the 20th was a red herring to throw off people who are not in the know and it all starts tomorrow.:~(

I wonder how many turned up today to avoid the weekend rush, found nothing doing and organised something else to do on Saturday when the show is really on?

corgiman
20-Jul-07, 15:02
well all the animals are there tomorrow and I dont really know what there is to do on the friday but it is a 2 day show

mama2
20-Jul-07, 16:04
The gates are open to the public on Friday evening all industral entries will be able to be viewed and there will also be horse competitions

DarkAngel
20-Jul-07, 16:52
Hmm...Is the Beer tent open tonight then?[lol]

Hibeechick
20-Jul-07, 17:00
As posted, all the craft competitions, industrial tent, flower tent, swri tents are all judged today and gates open at 6pm tonight.

Rheghead
20-Jul-07, 18:23
As posted, all the craft competitions, industrial tent, flower tent, swri tents are all judged today and gates open at 6pm tonight.

So some visitors to the county could be forgiven for thinking the show started early today and found nothing on?:confused

floyed
20-Jul-07, 20:01
Is there anything for kids under 5 to do at the county show??? Except the side show's please :D

Tugmistress
20-Jul-07, 20:18
oops double post

Tugmistress
20-Jul-07, 20:20
which i didn't know until last night and i couldn't get through to enter a pic in one of the photo comps there :( i would have entered it tomorrow morning first thing but i guess i will have to wait until next year now. It's not made very easy or clear to 'first timers' .

connieb19
20-Jul-07, 21:16
Is there a Marquee dance this year?

rfr10
20-Jul-07, 21:20
I have seen the signs on the road for the County Show, it says it is held 20th-21st July, suggesting a two-day event. I didn't realise that the 20th was a red herring to throw off people who are not in the know and it all starts tomorrow.:~(

I wonder how many turned up today to avoid the weekend rush, found nothing doing and organised something else to do on Saturday when the show is really on?

From what I saw, there was a sign at the bottom of the road to the way in which said something along the lines of flowers and something else today. Can't remember exactly but as far as I know, it's been like this every year. The main event is always on the Saturday.

gollach
20-Jul-07, 21:50

I think it is in Mackay's Hotel this year.

justine
20-Jul-07, 21:54
another thing i noticed was a sign saying look in groats for details..Now that is ok if you know what that means butif you are a visitor or on holiday from abroad it could get confusing.....:confused

WeeBurd
21-Jul-07, 00:07

Still holding out for a nice chap with Hi-tecs and bleaches, Connie? I think it's more likely to be checked shirt, jumper & olive cords at 'e show! [lol]

connieb19
21-Jul-07, 00:45
Still holding out for a nice chap with Hi-tecs and bleaches, Connie? I think it's more likely to be checked shirt, jumper & olive cords at 'e show! I spotted this honey outside the beer tent and I was kinda hoping I'd get a boogie tomorrow night. :eek:

http://www.lambcity.com/images/LCC%20Hillbilly%20weekend%202004/hillbilly11.jpg

Margaret M.
21-Jul-07, 02:52
Hands off, Connie, I'm on my way. :)