PDA

View Full Version : Karma

Persephone
19-Jul-07, 16:08
Just wondering how many of you believe what goes around comes around? Any stories about it?

I'm a great believer in karma, fate all that kind of thing!

BRIE
19-Jul-07, 16:59
im a great believer in karma. you do some thing bad you get it back ten fold!

DarkAngel
19-Jul-07, 17:00
Yes i also believe in Karma...What goes around comes around..THats why im a good girl! [lol]

laguna2
19-Jul-07, 17:01
Yes, do believe in Karma. Also that revenge is best taken cold!!!!

Thumper
19-Jul-07, 19:31
Yip! Totally believe in Karma! Thats why I never bother when somone does something horrible to me or my family because I know that sooner or later Karma will return the favour! I totally believe in the three fold law which states that what you send out will return three fold so I am very careful in what I do or say! x

George Brims
19-Jul-07, 19:57
Here's a good example, from Ventura, California, a couple of years ago. A drunk driver caused a multi-car pileup that killed one other driver. It was clear who had caused the accident, and when the man tried to leave the scene, several bystanders, including an off-duty policeman, tried to stop him. The man pulled a large knife and threatened them with it, so they had to let him go. He ran across the lanes where the accident was (the whole freeway was stopped on that side) and jumped over the concrete barrier in the middle, whereupon he was run over and killed by *another drunk driver*.

karia
19-Jul-07, 21:13
Karma,..I wish that life was that full of justice!

Experience tells me it isn't.:(

Karia

fandango
19-Jul-07, 21:21
first experience with karma...saw my exboyfriends car by side of his local, and in fit of anger, let the air out of two tires ( had just found out he was cheatin on me) Not 5 minutes later, driving home, i got a flat tire. Looks like I asked for it. I been real good since.

sweetpea
20-Jul-07, 11:10
I'm a total believer in Karma. Sometimes you have to wait years to see the results. I believe in what you put out there comes back, like the butterfly wings theory. I never worry what people do to me, even bad things cause I have faith that they will get it right back, I know they will cause I've seen it happen.;)

squidge
20-Jul-07, 11:46
I absolutely beleive that what goes around comes around. Its a great beleif to have because it allows you let go of the bitterness you could feel when someone does you a bad thing and not to worry about revenge because you know they will get theirs!!!!

Also another saying that i find is true is "what's for you wont go past you" I have found this to be true over the years as well.

Persephone
20-Jul-07, 12:51
I absolutely beleive that what goes around comes around. Its a great beleif to have because it allows you let go of the bitterness you could feel when someone does you a bad thing and not to worry about revenge because you know they will get theirs!!!!

Also another saying that i find is true is "what's for you wont go past you" I have found this to be true over the years as well.

That saying is so true! I remember when I was younger and upset about not getting that job, or something and my mum used to say that to me. Then a wee while later, another, better oppurtunity comes up that you probably would have missed. Oh the ways of the world!

Victoria
20-Jul-07, 15:18
Just wondering how many of you believe what goes around comes around? Any stories about it?

I'm a great believer in karma, fate all that kind of thing!

100% Persephone.

I'm a massive believer. Have probably got loads of stories - i'll have a think and post them tonight.

Thumper
20-Jul-07, 16:07
Yip what goes around comes around and what is set out for you will not go past you....I remember speaking to a guy that said he was on a chinook helicopter that crashed and nobody survived but at the last minute he was called off as his back to back hadn't arrived.He told me how lucky he felt that he had been spared, then he was on the piper alpha when it went up and unfortunately he didn't survive.I have always said that the day you are born the day you will leave is already set out for you and there's nothing we can do to change it so live as though today is your last cos you never know when it will be!!! x

grantyg
20-Jul-07, 16:29
Yep I believe in Karma my only problem is patience waiting for it to come back!
There is a great show called my name is Earl all about karma!
It is probably somewhere on tv-links.co.uk

Ricco
20-Jul-07, 20:48
I prefer to call it poetic justice. ;)

karia
20-Jul-07, 20:53
Hi Ricco,

That's because you are a 'class act'.;)

Karia

Jeemag_USA
20-Jul-07, 20:56
Whats not to believe in, Karma is a reality, we see it every day and we all know its real even though we like to deny it, thereis no time limit to Karma, but if you dish it out it will always come back to bit you.

I remember a few years back a guy at work, he had nothing good to say about anyone, always talking about people behind their backs, he would also start stories to try and get people in trouble and would readily stick the knife in his best workmate to get ahead, it was getting to the point where nobody could stand to be a round him or trust him. In his spare time he was a pilot of his own light airplane, at the peak of his obnoxiousness he took it up for a flight one weekend and the engine cut out on take off about 300ft up, he had no option but to crash land in a cornfield and was lucky to come off with only cuts and bruises and a trashed airplane. He has been a changed man since and that is no joke.

Ricco
20-Jul-07, 21:00
Hi Ricco,

That's because you are a 'class act'.;)

Karia

Hi, Karia. Not sure about the 'class act' but I am enough of a realist to know that whatever is going to happen will happen. I was only thinking yesterday whilst shaving about how life had gone and what I 'should' have done instead. I then realised that all my life I been presented with forks in life's road and choices to make. The choices I had made had seemed the best at the time and not amount of gazing over the 'fence' would ever change the path I am now travelling. and I will continue to make decisions that future hind-sight might question... but it is all too easy to look back. ;)

karia
20-Jul-07, 21:07
Hi Guys,

Karma,..is just my name with a 'typo'!:)

Karia

gleeber
20-Jul-07, 21:22
Whats not to believe in, Karma is a reality, we see it every day and we all know its real even though we like to deny it, thereis no time limit to Karma, but if you dish it out it will always come back to bit you.
I don't see it, I don't know it's real and i don't believe in Karma.
From this thread Karma would appear to be a fairly harmless supernatural belief but like all supernatural beliefs there are some who would take it to extremes. Like the people who would claim that someones disability is likely to be as a result of some bad actions in a past life.
I have enough difficulties struggling against my own inadiquicies without imagining I am also struggling against some supernatural universal force.

docker
20-Jul-07, 23:37
A few quotes on karma from the great philosopher, Earl J Hickey -
"I’m just trying to be a better person."
"Do good things and good things happen to you. Do bad things, they'll come back to haunt you." "Karma. There it was; the secret of life, coming straight from Carson Daily's lips to my morphine-laced ears."

Channel 4, Thursday nights @ 10, for all you who believe in Karma, you should watch it.

scorrie
20-Jul-07, 23:49

Mmm, wasn't there a story in the paper about a guy who mugged a pensioner? He then went on to win more than £4 Million in the Lottery.

Maybe he was born under the old Latin Sign "Four and Twenty Caratus Ringpieci"