PDA

View Full Version : Grantygs Kite cam over the Harbour!

grantyg
18-Jul-07, 22:51
Well after a fantastic day at Duncansby Head with the kite cam - followed by a very corrupted SD Card and lots of great pics lost - we managed to get some of the Harbour area in Wick from the Pulteney town end!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elaineandgrant/

Enjoy!

Grantyg

Torvaig
18-Jul-07, 23:04
Excellent pictures; you really are getting the hang of this!

laguna2
18-Jul-07, 23:06
Wow - they are as good as your jokes!! Seriously though, wouldn't mind you over my house!!

changilass
18-Jul-07, 23:11
If you are doing ariel pics in Castletown I would buy one off you in a flash

Your pics are great, well done

karia
18-Jul-07, 23:19
Wow - they are as good as your jokes!! Seriously though, wouldn't mind you over my house!!

Hi Laguna,

We don't need anything else to block out the sun.:roll:

'Today's weather would have been great, but an incoming kite-cam, manned by granty g caused massive disturbances overhead, so many people were looking heaven ward that a giant 'ego based' cloud system lost control and drenched them all in an attempt to say, 'hello'!:)

Karia

laguna2
18-Jul-07, 23:22
Hi Laguna,

We don't need anything else to block out the sun.

'Today's weather would have been great, but an incoming kite-cam, manned by granty g caused massive disturbances overhead, so many people were looking heaven ward that a giant 'ego based' cloud system lost control and drenched them all in an attempt to say, 'hello'!

Karia

Erm ... Hopefully I am not the one to block out the sun :o - can we just call it a "blipp" on the hotizon [lol]

karia
18-Jul-07, 23:33
[quote=laguna2;243729]Erm ... Hopefully I am not the one to block out the sun - can we just call it a "blipp" on the hotizon /quote]

Erm, no, ...not you Laguna!

Just this non existent, fed up making, late arriving, is it ever coming, so-called
SUMMER!:roll:

Grantyg, Enjoy your kite cam,..but please don't knock into any clouds!;)

Karia

laguna2
18-Jul-07, 23:35
[quote=laguna2;243729]Erm ... Hopefully I am not the one to block out the sun - can we just call it a "blipp" on the hotizon /quote]

Erm, no, ...not you Laguna!

Just this non existent, fed up making, late arriving, is it ever coming, so-called
SUMMER!:roll:

Grantyg, Enjoy your kite cam,..but please don't knock into any clouds!;)

Karia

Perhaps Grantyg could spot the sun and let us know where it is!! Just avoid any nasty clouds!!

grantyg
18-Jul-07, 23:36
'Today's weather would have been great, but an incoming kite-cam, manned by granty g caused massive disturbances overhead, so many people were looking heaven ward that a giant 'ego based' cloud system lost control and drenched them all in an attempt to say, 'hello'!:)

Karia

Did we nearly land on you? - and the ego based cloud did you hear me taking a strop????
People usually talk but they looked at us like we were nutters today!

I will do castletown at some point but we are back down the road tomorrow!
Grant

davem
19-Jul-07, 01:01
Sorry to miss you Grant, hows the buggying? combination of weather available hours and beach not great so far this year.

grantyg
19-Jul-07, 11:29
Hi Dave good to hear from you! Like wise i have hardly been out over the last year but i hoping to do more once I get back down south!

MadPict
19-Jul-07, 15:52
Nice pics - you might be intersted in some kites I spotted while in Singapore.
GFK radio controlled kites (GoFlyKites)
They have a 'club' which meets on Friday and Saturday evening and they put on a night time flying dispay. The kites are festooned with LEDs and look amazing doing stunts in the night sky.
I'm not sure if they could carry a camera but I was seriously thinking about buying one - sadly (or maybe luckily) the shop was closed when I finally found it. Maybe next year...

http://www.goflykite.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq4o0keW4n8&NR=1

rockchick
19-Jul-07, 17:29
Great photos! Can see my old house in there.

Just wondering (and sorry if I'm being pedantic here) but isn't there a law against flying a kite so close to an airport?

Sporran
19-Jul-07, 18:06
Super pics, grantyg! I always enjoy your "bird's eye view" photos! :D

Have you taken any kite cam pics of Thurso and Scrabster yet? If not, I hope you will, one of these days!! :cool:

grantyg
19-Jul-07, 21:10
Great photos! Can see my old house in there.

Just wondering (and sorry if I'm being pedantic here) but isn't there a law against flying a kite so close to an airport?

There is a law but it is dependant on CAA height restrictions and as we stay under 100 feet in this circumstance it is ok - obviously we couldn`t take shots at tesco in wick or round there.

Kites officially do not fly above 197 feet.

I have had lengthy meetings on the subject with various air traffic control - as I wrote the risk assesments for flying sites near RAF Leuchars and Prestwick which are much closer and busy than wick is to wick airport.

grantyg
03-Oct-07, 21:27
Well plenty of kite camming down down here in the central belt - I can`t wait to get back up there and get some more shots!
www.flickr.com/photos/elaineandgrant (http://www.flickr.com/photos/elaineandgrant)

g

Margaret M.
03-Oct-07, 21:41
Beautiful shots, everything looks so much prettier from the sky.

Murchiemannie
04-Oct-07, 16:09
Great shots with your kitecam. Everything looks so much different from "up above" You see details that normally would be immpossible to spot if driving by. Even spotted the house I was born and raised in from one or two of your North School pics. Thanks for sharing it with us.:D