PDA

View Full Version : John Lennon Festival - Durness

Victoria
18-Jul-07, 22:47
Hi guys, I've posted about this before but I'm just about to book my tickets and just wondered if anyone else is going?

Also I'd like to look into renting somewhere for the week - so if anyone know's of any available holiday lets please PM me.

The fesival is on from 28th Sept - 30th Sept.

Hope to see some of you there!! xxx

SOAC
19-Jul-07, 18:06
Hope the weather is good. Brilliant scenery with loads to explore.

Is the camp site open? They may have statics for hire? I seem to recall that there was a youth hostel in Durness and there may also be an independent hostel.

Innes
19-Jul-07, 18:07
Hi Victoria
Try this link www.durness.org/Index.htm (http://forum.caithness.org/www.durness.org/Index.htm)
try the accommodation on the home page or follow the link for the festival in events it has a link for accommodadion hope this of some help, I have never posted a link before.

Metalattakk
19-Jul-07, 18:21
Accommodation info here - http://www.northhighlandsscotland.com/festival/

Innes
19-Jul-07, 18:23
Yes SACO the campsite has two statics, but dont expect luxury Victoria, but they are very handy for the pub. You will get the number on the Durness website.

percy toboggan
19-Jul-07, 18:39
Maybe next year.
These festivals are always best at the beginning.
Have fun - 'It Won't Be Long'

Victoria
20-Jul-07, 09:06
Thanks for all the info.

We've camped in the campsite (they are re-naming it Stawberry Fields for the festival!!!) before and we know that we've always got that to fall back on.

Mr M is getting on a bit now (I hope he doesnt read this!) so he hoped to try and get a decent few nights kip somewhere wother than a tent.

I'm so excited! Give me these small festivals any day over the big horrible commercial ones - I know one of the bands playing too!!

If anyone is going and you want to say hi - let me know. It would be nice to meet some of 'you lot' at last! and you never know - this stingy southerner might buy you a beer!![lol]