PDA

View Full Version : dog dirt

johno
18-Jul-07, 17:37
i was sitting at my pc just now when my son shouted me through to the front window. here was this big dog doing a big dump in my front garden.
when we went to the window to knock on it,s owner who casually walked by.
the guy saw us and promptly ran back. he grabbed a handfull grass from next doors garden & lifted the dump [and boy was it a big one] then set off down the road. well ,after we stopped laughing i realised that this guy never had any intention of lifting it had he not been seen. now i wonder what he did with it
as i dont suppose for one minute that he was going to carry that thing very far. so buddy if your here on the org & reading this take note ,i,ll be watching for you in the future as im sick of lifting dog mess.
ps would,nt it be better to do the decent thing & carry a poopscoop or a bag

Ash
18-Jul-07, 17:51
lol that wouldve been funny to see :lol:

crashbandicoot1979
18-Jul-07, 18:28
haha, how gross! Somebodys big dog keeps doing big dumps at my back gate, I wish I could catch them in action. If I knew who it was I would report them to the dog warden but haven't seen them yet.

brew
18-Jul-07, 19:05
put white vinegar on the area, Dogs dont like the smell of it and shouldn't use the area for peeing and so on.

burstbucker
18-Jul-07, 19:38
I read somewhere that if you put honey on the mess then the dogs will eat it next time, seemingly this encouraged the owners to clean up after the dogs. Anyone willing to give it a try?

changilass
18-Jul-07, 20:34
Liddles sell honey in squirty bottles for anyone wanting to try :lol:

johno
18-Jul-07, 21:01
ah, now here,s a thought, do you think we could get the ownwer,s to eat it after all the dogs dont really know any better ? [disgust]
bet there d be less dog muck then [lol]

seren
18-Jul-07, 21:08
this is a real bugbear of mine. i'm often seen running after offending dog owners who don't pick up waving a poo bag in their faces. some people have been really abusive in the past, some very embarrassed and most just shrug and walk off ignoring me.
we've got an american bulldog, a huge thing so you can imagine the size of poops and i wouldn't dream of leaving it anywhere. dog poo is such a big danger to children and there's nothing worse than getting home from a lovely walk and finding it all over the buggy wheels and the kids' shoes [evil][evil]

DarkAngel
18-Jul-07, 21:23
There is nothing worse than dog dirt!!

Whats worse is when you fine dogs dirt in your garden and you dont even have a dog...That annoys me even more!!!

Its terrible..Especailly when im out with the pram!!!!!

mccaugm
18-Jul-07, 22:07
I walk along Sinclair Lane, Halkirk on my way to work and am amazed at the amount of Dog dirt on the pavement...it makes what should be a lovely walk disgusting. [evil]

As for picking up poo, baby nappy bags are ideal and very cheap to buy. Dog owners please take note.

souperman
18-Jul-07, 23:32
These are free from the council offices, as many as you like, so no excuses !