PDA

View Full Version : For those who are grieveing for a beloved pet

carasmam
18-Jul-07, 17:13
I have been in tears reading the threads from Miss K and Rowan. :~( I am so sorry for your loss and dread the day my Jack Russell Cara has to leave us.
Here are a couple of poems that I know have given a little bit of comfort to people who have lost a beloved pet.

I lost a special friend today
the kind you can't replace
and looking at her empty bed
I still can see her face

I know she's in a special place
our Lord has for such friends
Where meadows, fields and flowers
help make them strong and whole again

I know she's watching over me
She'll be with me when I cry
So with one more kiss on her beloved head
I told my friend goodbye

Author unknown

.................................................. ...............................

"They will not go quietly,
the dogs who've shared our lives.
In subtle ways they let us know
their spirit still survives.
Old habits still make us think
we hear a barking at the door.
Or step back when we drop
a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place
the food dish used to be,
And, sometimes, coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.
And although time may bring new friends
and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts
belongs to them...
and always will."

Author Unknown

MISS K
18-Jul-07, 17:38
Day 7 now, and i know he isnt coming back i was in shock for days and days, now the reality has set in,he isnt coming back, ive managed to talk about him without crying, but the lump in my throat will be there for a whiley i think, and the feeling of wanting to cry, but the absolute physical pain has faded, and yes we can have a giggle now about the capers Jake got up to.
It is the worst thing i have ever been through, and i didnt get to 36 without a few bumps and scrapes, but this was quite simply horrendous, but i have survived a week, and got stronger with all the messages of support and help from freinds and family, thank you:)

porshiepoo
18-Jul-07, 17:54
Day 7 now, and i know he isnt coming back i was in shock for days and days, now the reality has set in,he isnt coming back, ive managed to talk about him without crying, but the lump in my throat will be there for a whiley i think, and the feeling of wanting to cry, but the absolute physical pain has faded, and yes we can have a giggle now about the capers Jake got up to.
It is the worst thing i have ever been through, and i didnt get to 36 without a few bumps and scrapes, but this was quite simply horrendous, but i have survived a week, and got stronger with all the messages of support and help from freinds and family, thank you:)

It's made all the worse when the death isn't from old age.
When we have these pets we assume that we'll have many many years with them, assuming old age will be their final submission. When they're taken early the wrench and shock is the hardest thing to deal with. At least with old age we 'know' the end is getting nearer and we can counsel ourselves to that end. All we're left with with sudden deaths is 'why?', and it can take a long while to get through that.
I've lost 2 dogs through an RTA before (in fact 1 is buried in Paris' back garden) and I've also had to hold 5 of my dogs while they were put to sleep - 2 of them through old age, 2 at a mere 4 years and 1 a pup - and no matter how many times I have to go through that agonising kind of loss it'll never stop me having another one.

Miss K I hope that one day you'll be able to find room in your life and heart for another companion. Please don't avoid giving your love and affection to another dog in fear of the loss you'll undoubtedly feel again when its time has ended.
You'll meet your boy again some day, when the time is right. :)

rowan
18-Jul-07, 20:27
Thank You So Much The Poems Help Me So Much, I Still Think She Coming Home, We Made A Grave And I Go Frist Thing In The Morning And Last Thing At Nigth , I Cant Let Go , I Know Time Will Help, I Am Lucky I Got Other Animales, Which Have Been Such A Help, The People Who Have Sent Ther Massages Have Help Me So Much, As We Have Not Lived Here That Long, And I Do Feel A Bit Along, Thank You All Again

Mother Bear
21-Jul-07, 08:02
carasmam...those poems are beautiful...tears streaming down my face reading them....