PDA

View Full Version : Hyperactive Pup!

Ash
17-Jul-07, 15:44
hey everyone as u all know we got a puppy called Alfie few months back, he is 14 weeks now and is jumping over the walls in the back garden which are quite high, today he even tried to jump out window whilst i was cleaning them! lol!

any tips

binbob
17-Jul-07, 19:04
hi..i think u have a cocker spaniel puppy???
i have had cockers for 30 years...and he sounds very typical ,but he is just a puppy.some can take years to calm down and others are very placid.i would be firm ,but kind to keep him out of danger.treat him like a toddler..u know how much trouble they can get into!!!
give him short bursts of activity with u..then rest..him.
i would get [u may have already] a large cage or puppy pen.put him in there when u need to do things.he will be safe.put his bed/bowl water/toys an old item of ur clothing[he likes ur scent] and leave him for short periods on his own.put the radio on.

one of our puppies jumped out of his owners car window[only 7 months old] and was killed.such a sad loss.
best to make sure alfie is in a cage as a puppy and later he could get a doggy seat belt.

give him a hug..i think he is an orange roan...

best wishes

Ash
17-Jul-07, 19:09
your right he is a cocker spaniel, we do have a cage for him and i tend to put him in it when need to do things,feel bad doing it though, he is a wee sweetheart and love him loads, he just abit mental....

Thank You :D

brandy
17-Jul-07, 19:20
dont feel bad about putting her in her cage. its a safe confy place for her to be. like her own room.

Tilter
17-Jul-07, 20:14
HI Ash,
Our cocker is going on two, and showing no signs of slowing down/growing up. Having been used to stately and dignified labs, she was a bit of a shock to our systems, but I think we've managed to adjust to her quite well. . . (it was never the other way round!)

Anyway, I'm totally sold on our cocker - I just enjoy the sheer exuberance she brings to every simple aspect of life. I've never seen any dog enjoy itself on the beach so much, etc. You can't help but enjoy her.