PDA

View Full Version : Candy floor tiles

pauline79
16-Jul-07, 19:45
Hello
I was hoping for a bit of help. My husband and I tiled our kitchen and utility room floor with a Candy floorstone (green slate colour) tile 4 years ago. We got the tiles from Hometech in Wick but they dont do them anymore and we really need a few tiles to replace some cracked ones. Ive been searching the internet but they all have minimum orders and we dont need that many, two packs at the most! Does anyone have any suggestions, or better yet, any spare tiles the same that we could buy? Thank you :confused

emszxr
17-Jul-07, 13:20
do you know the make and everything of the tile. i used to work in a tile shop and 4 years is a long time to have the same tile in production for. where do hometec sourse their tiles from, they must sell them to other tile shops as well

Solus
17-Jul-07, 15:44
I have got green slate type floor tiles i am away to use on a job very shortly, if you can get a pic and if they match any i have left over you are welcome to have. I bought them ages ago and only getting round to using them now.

pauline79
18-Jul-07, 09:35
Thank you for the replies, Ive checked on the Candy tiles website and the tiles are still in production, just no longer available up here anymore. They are called candy floor tile range, stoneface - green. They are very slate like with a subtle hint of green through the slate. Im beginning to wish we had gone with the vinyl!! All the companies online have minimum orders and I just cant fill there order requirements, I have contacted them but they have never been in touch.

Bobinovich
18-Jul-07, 23:37
I dunno if this is of any use to you but we've got a couple of boxes of a ceramic stoneface black floor tile - maybe you could use them as a highlight or contrast. We too bought them from Hometec but I'll need to check the brand if you're definately looking for Candy brand. PM me if you're interested.

pauline79
21-Jul-07, 10:25
http://www.expressiontiles.co.uk/tiles/admin/uploaded_photos/119_5 (http://javascript<b></b>:myopen('/popup_tiles.php?tile_id=119','windowName','toolbar =no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=n o,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,widt h=600,height=700'))
Hi everyone
Managed to get a pic our our tiles, they are becoming a bit of an obsession now, there are so many slate type tiles out there!