PDA

View Full Version : AAAh Feeling Broody

Ash
16-Jul-07, 18:42
i need to ask the question do any other women or men get like this?
i have a 3year old and been with my partner for just over 2years and im feelin mega broody, all my friends are pregnant or have just had babies...... :confused

Fluff
16-Jul-07, 18:52
you always see more babies and pregnant women when you are feeling broody, which never helps!

Where i work is opposite the baby clothes section, lots of tiny clothes and booties!

Ash
16-Jul-07, 19:08
whenever im in tesco i go straight to baby bit, miss buying teeny clothes and bottles! sad eh:confused

johno
16-Jul-07, 19:11
an addition next year then Ash ???

Ash
16-Jul-07, 19:13
dont know... got our pup few months back and its hard enough work with one dog and a 3year old

karia
16-Jul-07, 19:17
Hi Ash,

Advice, Go to large supermarket at 4 o'clock.

Place self in centre of supermarket.

Listen to and observe wailing, kicking, tantruming , buggy ambushing mayhem!

Look at faces of parents, go home, consider options.

Always works for me!;)

You, I suspect,..are different.

Vive la Difference!:D

You can make me an on-line auntie,... that sounds ok!

Karia

brew
16-Jul-07, 19:29
I just got you a puppy 6 weeks ago to help with you feeling like that Ashleigh

xxx
Is he not enough for you for now???

Ash
16-Jul-07, 19:30
Hi Ash,

Advice, Go to large supermarket at 4 o'clock.

Place self in centre of supermarket.

Listen to and observe wailing, kicking, tantruming , buggy ambushing mayhem!

Look at faces of parents, go home, consider options.

Always works for me!

You, I suspect,..are different.

Vive la Difference!:D

You can make me an on-line auntie,... that sounds ok!

Karia

hey lol! i have the above(tantrums!) it can be stressful but its the joys of being a parent, i love it! my wee girl has developed into a wee madam, she keeps asking for a baby sister after watching home and away last week! :lol:

Ash
16-Jul-07, 19:32
I just got you a puppy 6 weeks ago to help with you feeling like that Ashleigh

xxx
Is he not enough for you for now???

oh god thats not why we got a puppy! u fool!!!!

justine
16-Jul-07, 19:33
or you coud come to mine at 5 oclock an dlisten to all 8 of them having a go at who can scream the loudest, that would put you off...

karia
16-Jul-07, 19:33
hey lol! i have the above(tantrums!) it can be stressful but its the joys of being a parent, i love it! my wee girl has developed into a wee madam, she keeps asking for a baby sister after watching home and away last week! :lol:

Ash, your fate is sealed honey!;)

karia

Ash
16-Jul-07, 19:35
i dont think it would i have nieces and nephews and their a bit mad so think i could handle it :lol:

karia
16-Jul-07, 19:37
Hi Again,

What does OH think?

We should give him a wee say in the matter, I suppose!:roll:;)

karia

Ash
16-Jul-07, 19:41
well he is meant to be working but he appears to be on here.... he likes the idea aswell but finanicially we would be silly to bring a child into the world
makes me sad tho:~(

seren
16-Jul-07, 19:50
i've never stopped feeling broody which is why we're having number 6 :lol:

Ash
16-Jul-07, 19:56
aaauw thats lovely!

brew
16-Jul-07, 20:08
well he is meant to be working but he appears to be on here.... he likes the idea aswell but finanicially we would be silly to bring a child into the world
makes me sad tho:~(

Quite right.
You women should stop over populating the world. caithness is turning into a mega city with the about of kid going about.

ONLY JOKING.....Or am I

No, I am, dont want to upset the females on here and have you all coming after me. not that you have the time cause your all jumping in the sack and making babys, Sorry, I did it again.

Ash
16-Jul-07, 20:11
excuse my other half!!:mad:

brandy
16-Jul-07, 21:04
ahh hun im already feeling broody again! and thats sooo scary! i went to the drs. on friday and told my diabetic nurse that im ready to get ready to try again. poor thing.. i dont think shes ready for me to be preg again!
i dont think a lot of people are ready for me to be preg again!
but im getting to the point that i am.. so hubby and i have decided to try again towards the end of the year. so off to raigmore i go soon to see all the lovley dr. and be poked and proded and pumped full of vitamins! to get me ready for preg. number 5! when you get to the point that you really really want another baby and you and hubby are ready go for it. money isnt everything. as long as you can clothe em and feed em.. and love them to no end that is the main thing. everything else is over rated *winks*

Ash
16-Jul-07, 21:11
aauuw thank u honey
thats such a nice post, hope ur next pregnancy goes well xxxx:D;)

brandy
16-Jul-07, 22:03
right back at ya sister *winks*

NickInTheNorth
16-Jul-07, 22:03
broody happens to the best of us. I'm just waiting for Jill to say to me the contractions have started. That's a good cure but don't work for long :D

No seriously I really am just waitng - due date 21st, but I don't think we're going to make it...

and that will be number four!

rockchick
16-Jul-07, 22:17

You're lucky...my daughter asked me (AND Santa) for an OLDER sister!!! Couldn't explain to a two-year-old why that wasn't going to happen! Guess she was tired of having two older brothers...

Thumper
16-Jul-07, 22:43
I sometimes get broody but sitting at the tea table with my 3 going at it hammer and tongs usually stops all thoughts of broodiness AND any thoughts of doing anything that could end up with a new addition!Lol!

Rheghead
17-Jul-07, 01:14
you always see more babies and pregnant women when you are feeling broody, which never helps!

Hmmm? What is is causal? Seeing lots of babies and feeling broody or feeling broody then seeing lots of babies?:confused

Then again, why is the basic feeling of being broody considered to be a topic of humour and good while a bloke's feeling of wanting to get his oats away thought to be a negative feeling? Both are two sides of the coin. But mutually need to exist to propagate the human species...:confused

triger
17-Jul-07, 03:08
Hmmm? What is is causal? Seeing lots of babies and feeling broody or feeling broody then seeing lots of babies?:confused

Then again, why is the basic feeling of being broody considered to be a topic of humour and good while a bloke's feeling of wanting to get his oats away thought to be a negative feeling? Both are two sides of the coin. But mutually need to exist to propagate the human species...:confused
i"ll drink to that

squidge
17-Jul-07, 10:00
Well I have not long to wait now for my own antidote to broodiness. 28 weeks and counting.

Broodiness comes and goes i have found and sometimes can be very powerful and sometimes can be easily overcome. I think its a biological thing tied in with our ages. This will be my sixth pregnancy and my fourth child - fingers crossed and I am delighted byt he whole thing. I have no explanation for broodiness other than the hormonal changes that happen generally with we ladies

bobsgirl
17-Jul-07, 10:22
I have surprisingly found that babies dont make me broody, since my hubby and I have decided not to have any more, I am quite content with other peoples babies, but always think, thank goodness I can hand them back!!:lol:

I am now a surrogate aunt to my best mates wee one and he is great. I dont have to worry about all the change nappies, I have done a few but glad it aint all the time!!

Also my niece had a baby girl last night so another addition to the family!! Defo passed the nappy changing bit though......lol.

mccaugm
17-Jul-07, 10:23
I sometimes get broody but sitting at the tea table with my 3 going at it hammer and tongs usually stops all thoughts of broodiness AND any thoughts of doing anything that could end up with a new addition!Lol!

I have 3 boys ranging in ages from 2 - 16. I would only have another if I could afford a nanny and a cleaner and a bigger house.
I LOVE BABIES...the smell, the softness etc...but I know they cost in time, money, sanity etc...so reckon 3 is more than sufficent.
Would love to be an aunty again...would love a nephew as I currently have 4 nieces.

crashbandicoot1979
17-Jul-07, 11:39
I can honestly say that I've never felt broody, ever. Its not that I dislike children but I've never felt the desire to have any. I worry that in 30 years time I'm suddenly going to realise that I wish I'd had children, but by then its too late!

BRIE
17-Jul-07, 11:48
my answer to feeling broody is set your alarm to go off every 4 hours during the night for a week! you will soon be put off!:lol:

brandy
17-Jul-07, 12:15
do you know whats funny..its has never ever bothered me the sleepless nights and the 3-4 our feed in the night..
i have always loved the middle of the night times. as that was times for just me and baby.
its now that it annoys me when they are 3 and 4 and not wanting to settle!

justine
17-Jul-07, 14:00
im with brandy, I dont mind the sleepless nights, long hours, noise or anything else that goes with motherhood/parenthood.I do dread the day when i dont have to do all these....

brandy
17-Jul-07, 15:35
ohhh and when you have a baby its like you dont get as tired as you do now. and you have so much more patience. both mine were colicky and it never got on my nerves. it upset me when i couldnt get them to stop as i knew they were hurting.
the spew never bothered me the explosive nappies, the projectile pees.. i miss all that. i miss holding a baby in my arms and knowing that i created this defensless little bundle. that it is my duty and honor to take care of it and to love it. To make sure that it grows into a good healthy child, and then a strong loving adult. a baby is the greatest gift we can ever be given. they are the future and every child we raise we are adding to the future and nuturing it.
i just wish all parents felt like that and it would solve a lot of problems.
its not easy and its a lot of work. but being a mom is all i have ever wanted to do in my life. and even when im pulling my hair out. roaring at them, telling them off.. no no no no is the only words out of my mouth..
its still worth it *G*