PDA

View Full Version : Wedding in America

CFM
16-Jul-07, 15:47
Did you hear about the rather silly orger (yes he works at PFR!) who flew out to America on Tuesday for his own wedding only to discover when he got there that he'd forgotten his birth certificate?

Phone calls and texts were received by some CFM members very early on Wednesday morning (don't think he'd even went to bed!) who were dispatched to try and find the ellusive document, a copy was obtained from the registrar. After several transatlantic phone calls and calls to all parts of Scotland transportation for the document was arranged - was he going to fly back to collect it? could it be put on a plane at Glasgow airport? was the bride really sure she wanted it sent over after all this hassle?

Eventually a kindly delivery driver from Inverness agreed to take the certificate to the offices of a carrier in Inverness, making it with 10 minutes to spare, and thanks to the staff of DHL the document winged its way to America arriving on Thursday night.

The silly orger then phoned his CFM colleagues to thank them "but by the way they gave me the marriage licence without the certificate - only needed my passport"

He has been told to stay in America!

However the wedding has now gone ahead and best wishes to them both from all at CFM!

laguna2
16-Jul-07, 15:49
Hope they are very happy - and that his forgetfulness does not spread to the rest of the CFM members! ;)

CFM
16-Jul-07, 15:50
who are you again?????

laguna2
16-Jul-07, 15:52
Oh dear!!!! The forgetfulness bug has been passed on!!

I am ... er ... um ... wait a minute .. Oh yes, Marks & Spencer - it says so on my label :lol: [lol]

George Brims
16-Jul-07, 17:43
That's not as bad as the bloke who flew to Canada last week for his mate's wedding only to discover he was a year early!