PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Metro

Lindsay
15-Jul-07, 16:36
Hi To all,

Just had my tesco shopping delivered and the tesco man said that the big bosses were up looking at a few plots of land in Thurso to open a Tesco Metro store................something big must be coming to caithness by the time all these shops are opening. Also heard Next and Matalan are definately opening up at the new outlet near tesco.

Mr_Me19
16-Jul-07, 13:03
Whats a Tesco Metro store? :confused

laguna2
16-Jul-07, 13:04
A smaller version of the bigger stores - don't sell clothes and the like though.

Mr_Me19
16-Jul-07, 13:07
Basically what the co-op did to Alldays in Thurso then, just with a Tesco theme...? lol.

laguna2
16-Jul-07, 13:08
Probably a bit bigger tha Alldays - you usually see then in city centres.

Angela
16-Jul-07, 13:16
Probably a bit bigger tha Alldays - you usually see then in city centres.

Or in a town centre, when there's a bigger Tesco in another town not too far away.

No special car park -they cater more for folk who're on foot and filling a basket rather than a shopping trolley.

laguna2
16-Jul-07, 13:24
Or in a town centre, when there's a bigger Tesco in another town not too far away.

No special car park -they cater more for folk who're on foot and filling a basket rather than a shopping trolley.

Now I think about it there isn't usually a special car park - never really thought about that before.

docker
16-Jul-07, 21:14
Hi To all,

Just had my tesco shopping delivered and the tesco man said that the big bosses were up looking at a few plots of land in Thurso to open a Tesco Metro store................something big must be coming to caithness by the time all these shops are opening. Also heard Next and Matalan are definately opening up at the new outlet near tesco.

When are people going to realisethat nothing “big is going to come off”. We now live in a world where hard cash is a thing of the past and most transactions are carried out using some form of bankcard. All the big stores that have come north, or are planning coming north, just have to look at the transactions and get the bank sort code from them, then they know who spends what and where. For years now people from Caithness have been traveling south and spending millions of pounds in these big stores, the stores know they already have a market in Caithness that’s why they are here. Before Tesco came to Wick how many people from Caithness did you bump into, in the store in Inverness, each time I was in no matter what time of day or night, I always saw someone from up north.