PDA

View Full Version : Are you accident prone?

karia
14-Jul-07, 18:23
Hi there,

Do you consider yourself to be 'accident prone'?

I meet with the ground unexpectedly with ridiculous frequency and in the past few years have 'clocked up' a broken foot, broken ankle, loads of torn ligaments, a dislocated elbow and a broken Knee-cap.

The knee-cap saw me in (Shocking pink) plaster from knicker line to toe for almost a month, a most interesting experience.:roll:

If there's a flame, I'm singed, a flood, I'm trapped,...you get the picture!

How about you guys?

Karia,..Donor card.;)

justine
14-Jul-07, 18:35
i used to think i was but after reading that i am not to sure.I hope things settle down for you, sounds like you had a rough time of it lately.....:(

karia
14-Jul-07, 18:46
Hi justine,

Now you know why my head's in Central Scotland and my heart's on Strathy point!:lol:

The evening I dislocated my elbow was just before my parents moved to sheltered housing,..very useful! My ex husband was paying a visit from london,.. so I arrived at A&E with two husbands and a very dangly arm.

Everyone thought it was hilarious..!:roll:

How are you feeling these days?

Hope you are (all) well!

Karia

Karia

justine
14-Jul-07, 19:54
lets put it this way Karia, i know where my heart is but my head is somewhere different(catch my meaning),we are all fine getting through the holidays,slowly but surely.....

Not that i cant wait for them to return to school or anything...:eek:

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the A&E dept,but then that would just be sadistic, iv'e heard a dislocated bone is bloody painful.....Try to take care of yourself..Justine

brandy
14-Jul-07, 20:00
hunny i cant stand up in a 10 acre field!

Alice in Blunderland
14-Jul-07, 20:09
:lol: Of course Im accident prone Karia Ive got five kids instead of three :lol:

karia
14-Jul-07, 20:14
lets put it this way Karia, i know where my heart is but my head is somewhere different(catch my meaning),we are all fine getting through the holidays,slowly but surely.....

Not that i cant wait for them to return to school or anything...:eek:

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the A&E dept,but then that would just be sadistic, iv'e heard a dislocated bone is bloody painful.....Try to take care of yourself..Justine

Justine; This 'is' me taking care!:roll:

brandy; your bad luck is not in dispute,..how are you doin'?

Lovely Pup, by the way!

Karia

karia
14-Jul-07, 20:16
Of course Im accident prone Karia Ive got five kids instead of three :lol:

OOps! Every one a blessing, I'm sure!;)

Karia

brandy
14-Jul-07, 21:35
*laughs* im ok.... tired, worn and oh wait thats just being a mum!
nahh not to bad. would love some sun shine though! you really inderstand how people get really depressed in the winter !!!!
and thank you on bubbles! she will be 10 weeks on monday and weighs almost 18lbs and is 13 inches at the shoulder!!

karia
14-Jul-07, 21:59
Hi Brandy,

Tommorow is supposed to be our 'summer' according to the forecasters.:roll:

Put sunscreen on self as well as kids & dogs.:D

glad to see you doin' well and back on the Org.

Hugs.

Karia

canuck
14-Jul-07, 22:38
Actually, I am quite okay on my feet. But I have a daughter who must be related to you all. Four sets of crutches are part of my collection! Yes, some were from her father. Ah, a genetic link!

Many of her "accidents" were at camp. I had the wonderful joy of spending 4 days at the camp a few weeks ago. I was there as the chaplain, but also doubled as the first aider (mainly because I was housed in the nurses quarters and there was no nurse on duty yet.) Well, I sent 4 kids to the hospital for attention. And patched up at least 6 others. I figured that it was "pay back" for all the times over the years that people had attended to my daughter.

And you know what! After all those hospital experiences she has decided to become a nurse! Oh, on a positive note, it has been discovered that she has over extending joints and so all of her years of ballet meant that she didn't develop the ankle muscles she needed to keep herself upright when running, jumping etc.

karia
14-Jul-07, 22:45
Oh canuck!

I was 'en pointe' at a stupidly young age,..over extension read as 'talent'.:roll:

All of us little ballet dancers.:(

Karia

canuck
14-Jul-07, 22:50
Oh canuck!

I was 'en pointe' at a stupidly young age,..over extension read as 'talent'.:roll:

All of us little ballet dancers.:(

Karia

In our case, it wasn't even "en pointe". Just "girls as high as you can go now" in regular ballet. She didn't start pointe until she was well into her teens, but gave it up after a few years because she just didn't like it. And now we know why. It was too hard on her body.

karia
14-Jul-07, 22:55
Hi canuck,

I am sure she will make a splendid nurse !:)

And, she'll get to wear flat shoes!!,....I still can't wear heels, probably saved me a fortune,..but, you know,..:eek: !!

karia

canuck
14-Jul-07, 23:14
Hi canuck,

I am sure she will make a splendid nurse !:)

And, she'll get to wear flat shoes!!,....I still can't wear heels, probably saved me a fortune,..but, you know,..:eek: !!

karia

"Heels", now there is a curse! Maybe it needs a whole separate thread.

Lolabelle
15-Jul-07, 01:37
Hi there,

Do you consider yourself to be 'accident prone'?

I meet with the ground unexpectedly with ridiculous frequency and in the past few years have 'clocked up' a broken foot, broken ankle, loads of torn ligaments, a dislocated elbow and a broken Knee-cap.

The knee-cap saw me in (Shocking pink) plaster from knicker line to toe for almost a month, a most interesting experience.

If there's a flame, I'm singed, a flood, I'm trapped,...you get the picture!

How about you guys?

Karia,..Donor card.

Oh my, Karia, are we related.
I have broken both ankles, and the left one twice ~ so that's three ....
I have broken both wrists
I have dislocated my elbow
I have dislocated my thumb
I have had a broken nose
And cracked ribs
Also about seven hundred gazzillion sprains, strains and twisted ankles.
If I even wobble and stand on uneven ground I get cold all over and my heart thumps with fright. I am so afraid of another break that I get the shakes at the thought. :~( :eek:

Oh and no heels for me either. I wobble enough as it is. And I only did ballet for 2 weeks, just long enough to get the uniform. But I am just unco (clumsy) so I can't even blame ballet.

horseman
15-Jul-07, 02:23
Karia, what a post.
No one could read it without being compelled to empathise,(an thats a guess)but you guys, whoosh' are you takeing NVQ's in blunders, disasters,or downright left footedness? If so you have all passed, an can come down to our level again.
Seriously thou',-what a heck of a misfortune for you all!!Makes my minor bumps+scratches in the car pale-away!
But by golly'you are all cheerful with it :lol::lol:

brandy
15-Jul-07, 05:47
*laughs* well..... if we are talking past injuries!! pulls out all her klutz of the year awards...
i think my worst ever accident.. to where i did the most damage in one go... was when i was a teenager and jumped a swollen creek.
made it to the other side. was about 10ft across and 15 ft down.
but when i landed landed on all 4s and it sprung my left ankle, bowed the bone in my right risk, sprunk my right elbow, sprung my left wrist, and knocked my left elbow out of joint. i then had to crawl out of the woods to a neighbors to get help. ohhh and i had no use of any of those limbs as i had no feeling in my arms from the elnows down.!
but to catagorise my injuries lets see...
broken collar bone
cut my ear in half
sliced my nose open (sword fighting incident)
broken several fingers
broke ankle tripping over a lab named tripps (tore all the ligiments and tendons away from bone as well)
the above jumping creek
ripped all the skin off my back skateboarding.. (flipped and skidded about five ft on black top pavement)
broke my nose (walking the dog)
several concussions
and many more minor injuries.. that are just normal sports injuries *G*

Lolabelle
15-Jul-07, 09:49
Anyone up for a new support group "The Unco Group Support" or TUGS.
Membership List
Karia
Brandy
Canuck's Daughter
Alice in Blunderland
Lolabelle

any more ????

laguna2
15-Jul-07, 10:12
Please can I join? Very clumsy and accident prone - never without a bruise somewhere, and pretty good at breaking bones too :o

Alice in Blunderland
15-Jul-07, 10:20
OOps! Every one a blessing, I'm sure!

Karia

Yes Karia I wouldnt change it for anything .....in fact if I thought I would get away with a couple of more accidents then I would give Justine a run for her money........ :eek: .

The only other accident if you could call it, that I can think , was the day I reversed over Ex husbands mates new motorbike.......... well how was I supposed to see it parked right behind me when I had a bouncy castle blocking my rear view :confused his face when I handed him a bit of his mudgaurd and said Im so sorry was something I will never forget if I was anyone else Im sure he would have decked me......

Touch wood I have not had any broken bones yet....... have I just gone and jinxed myself now?

laguna2
15-Jul-07, 10:50
Touch wood I have not had any broken bones yet....... have I just gone and jinxed myself now?

Better be careful when you are hanging out those three loads of washing :o :lol:

Lolabelle
15-Jul-07, 11:03
Please can I join? Very clumsy and accident prone - never without a bruise somewhere, and pretty good at breaking bones too :o

No worries laguna2, we are a welcoming lot. And hope to see you at the quiz!

Anyone up for a new support group "The Unco Group Support" or TUGS.
Membership List
Karia
Brandy
Canuck's Daughter
Alice in Blunderland
Lolabelle
Laguna2

any more ????

johno
15-Jul-07, 12:55
am i accident prone.. in a word no.

horseman