Diesel n Dust
Empty House
Stevie Taylor
Low Flyers
+
very special guests

At the Orange room, Park Hotel Thurso Saturday 21st July 3pm
admission £3

This charity gig should be an excellent afternoon of entertainment, please come along and support such a good cause.

DOC ROCK
18-Jul-07, 12:50
Charity event for Macmillan cancer support nursing

An Afternoon of live music
with
Diesel n Dust
Empty House
Stevie Taylor
Low Flyers
+
very special guests

admission £3

This charity gig should be an excellent afternoon of entertainment, please come along and support such a good cause.

There will also be a session by Stuart Maitland with Pam & Eann Sinclair.

Rosco P
18-Jul-07, 13:23
I'll be there!
Looking forward to it, good to see an event with the proceeds going to a good cause. Nice to see all the musicians up here ain't in it for their own personal gain, if you know what i'm driving at!

rob murray
18-Jul-07, 14:05
Roscoe, no I dont follow what you mean, surely any sane person would support this cause, are some people / entertainers demanding appearance money here or what, has their been examples of ego centric demanding behaviour ? if so name and shame those involved.

Rosco P
18-Jul-07, 15:52
Maybe not on this occasion, but I do know of certain bands in the past that have asked for a fee to play at events such as this one. I'm not going to name and shame people on here, they know who they are.

rob murray
18-Jul-07, 16:26
Rosco, jeezo, what kind of spiteful, self centred morons would try and charge a charity, fee's for playing at a charity gig ? Ok, admittedly big acts will charge expenses when playing at large scale global charity events you can maybe see a point here given their logistics and operating nut, but this is Caithness !! Maybe there are people up there who think they are to big to play for free, but come on.... I mean what is the revenue loss here in foregoing a nights paid work... how much do musicians / bands get per gig these days. I notice that the trend is to play lounge bars nowadays, so how much will they potentially lose £150 from a lost lounge bar slot???

You know something, this is really pathetic, and I for one who, along with a great many local people, have personal reasons to be grateful for the Macmillan set up, am sick to the back teeth about this.

Rant over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosco P
18-Jul-07, 17:52
Well said.

davem
19-Jul-07, 01:23
There was an occasion when a paying venue was charged a fee by After Hours rather than the venue owner deciding what he would donate by himself.
I assume this is the occasion referred to.
Well; sorry to interrupt the local pastime of festering in bitterness and ill feeling without knowing the full facts.
While we were in no doubt a generous donation would be given, we chose to charge and pass the fee to the charity ourselves, we were giving our time and talents to a worthy cause and felt we should be the ones to decide how much would be guaranteed be given.
So no doubt people will still think the worst of every situation, but we can sleep well in our beds knowing we did right and why. I worry for this county sometimes though just because of the amount of negativity and cynicism that is nurtured rather than questioned.

Jeemag_USA
19-Jul-07, 02:04
Maybe not on this occasion, but I do know of certain bands in the past that have asked for a fee to play at events such as this one. I'm not going to name and shame people on here, they know who they are.

Then why even bring it up, a thread is opened to advertise a gig which will be fun and will be for a good cause and you come in to stir up some rubbish. Extreme childishness.

Chobbersjnr
19-Jul-07, 02:04
.............well said Dave

crivvens Jeemag we posted at exactly the same time

Gleber2
19-Jul-07, 04:02
. I worry for this county sometimes though just because of the amount of negativity and cynicism that is nurtured rather than questioned. Par for the course Davem.

Then why even bring it up, a thread is opened to advertise a gig which will be fun and will be for a good cause and you come in to stir up some rubbish. Extreme childishness.
Par for the course Jeemag.

Torvaig
19-Jul-07, 07:44
Charity event for Macmillan cancer support nursing

An Afternoon of live music
with
Diesel n Dust
Empty House
Stevie Taylor
Low Flyers
+
very special guests

admission £3

Now to get back to what this thread is for.....;)
Good luck folks; hope to be there.

Torvaig
19-Jul-07, 07:47
There will also be a session by Stuart Maitland with Pam & Eann Sinclair.

And not forgetting........;)

Jeid
19-Jul-07, 09:45

It's a forum... childishness is part of the world.

I'm pretty certain that the After Hours incident isn't the one being referred to though.

davem
19-Jul-07, 09:59
Thanks Torvaig quite agree.
Lets just concentrate on what matters in this thread.
Good Luck on Sat all.

rob murray
19-Jul-07, 10:30
All the best to all involved in the charity gig either organising or performing, its a cause very dear to me. Well done to all involved, your committment has to be admired.

appleskin
19-Jul-07, 13:04
[quote=Gleber2;243787]Par for the course Davem.

Par for the course Jeemag.[/quo the person who has arranged this gig is alec mcintosh,it,s for moneyto go to towards helping the mcmillan nurses it,s not a competion

Gleber2
19-Jul-07, 14:23

.[/quo the person who has arranged this gig is alec mcintosh,it,s for moneyto go to towards helping the mcmillan nurses it,s not a competion
Never suggested that it was, Appleskin. I was merely agreeing with Davem And Jeemag. Hope the gig goes well.

theboss
19-Jul-07, 14:29
Good luck to everyone involved on Sunday. I'm going to try to pop along and show my support.

I thought Howlin' gaels were playing at this event. Will they still be appearing?

clash67
19-Jul-07, 14:41
Yes the Gaels would have loved to do a set at this gig but unfortunately Joe the giutarist is off somewhere...or was it Frazer that isn't able to make it? I can't remember, but I will be doing a small set with retired Gael member alex macintosh and his brother Charlie. It's all for a good cause so please turn up and have a good time.

theboss
19-Jul-07, 14:51
Cheers for clearing that up Clash.

I only ask because I did the original poster for it and you guys were on the bill.

Hope to see you on Sunday.

Jeid
19-Jul-07, 15:17
Good luck to all involved

henry20
19-Jul-07, 15:21
Hope to see you on Sunday.

You may be disappointed as its on Saturday ;)

theboss
19-Jul-07, 15:23
You may be disappointed as its on Saturday ;)

Ha ha, cheers Henry. Obviously I paid alot of attention to it while designing the poster.Saturday it is then :)

Jeid
19-Jul-07, 15:47
You tube...

I thought it was Sunday as well though :p

Jeemag_USA
19-Jul-07, 23:50
I hope the gig really goes well, well done to Alecy for organising, should be a lethal crack if Alec and Charlie is there [lol]

Spent way too much of my time in the Orange Room, believe it or not I got married in the Orange Room (true) and Donnie was my best man, for all I know I may be the only person who ever got married in there, so it has my blessing, great place for a gig.

If anyone sees Nods, give him a good slap for me!!

Chobbersjnr
20-Jul-07, 01:36
If anyone sees Nods, give him a good slap for me!!

gie him a good slap anyway[lol]:lol:

DOC ROCK
20-Jul-07, 18:29
Not long to go now folks! Just a wee reminder, 3pm tomorrow Saturday 21st July in the Orange room, Park Hotel Thurso for a musical extravaganza in aid of Macmillan cancer care nurses.

Rampant Rabbit
20-Jul-07, 20:54
Am Going 2 Just Read The Avert In The Groat Should Be Good Crack And Good Sounds

clash67
22-Jul-07, 21:29
Well done to all the musicians that took part, there was some excellent music played and I totally enjoyed it..that is until some one stole my new hat that I got as a pressie from Jeemac. If thats the thanks I get for spending my whole day helping to raise money for charity then I won't bother next time.

Jeemag_USA
23-Jul-07, 12:58
Well done to all the musicians that took part, there was some excellent music played and I totally enjoyed it..that is until some one stole my new hat that I got as a pressie from Jeemac. If thats the thanks I get for spending my whole day helping to raise money for charity then I won't bother next time.

If anybody sees anyone wearing a very dark grey almost black pork pie hat with light pin stripes on it, report them to the police, its very unlikely someone could get the same hat in the UK, its tagged L/XL on the inside!

Donnie I'll get you another one, this time don't take it off your napper ;)

Rampant Rabbit
23-Jul-07, 13:44
Mr Howling Gale After Your Performance I Dont Think They Be Asking You Back And The Damage You Done You Acted Like A Chid And All Over A Hat Big Deal

moncur
23-Jul-07, 14:26
Theres nothing worse than getting something stolen at a gig. I got a nice expensive thick Helly Hansen jacket nicked during a gig over the xmas period last year. It put a real dampener on what would have been a great evening for me.

I wasnt there but Rampant Rabbit seems to be raging about whatever was broken at that gig. Fair enough, breaking stuff may not have been called for but, hey, thats rock n roll man! Heck you'd be havin a hairy canary if u were in the hospitality section at Download this year! An entire bar got trashed on the last night!

the_big_mac
23-Jul-07, 17:57
An entire bar got trashed on the last night!

And it had nothing to do with me or cider......................honest :p

golach
23-Jul-07, 20:02
This seems a sad example for a grown man to show kids at a charity do, lose a hat, throw a strop, damage furniture and property, but there again maybe thats normal in Thurso.

Jeid
23-Jul-07, 22:07
Thing is, it could've been a simple case of someone picking it up by mistake

Jeemag_USA
24-Jul-07, 13:15
Thing is, it could've been a simple case of someone picking it up by mistake

Nobody else would have one like this

http://file036a.bebo.com/11/large/2007/06/15/22/2055488899a4694047441l.jpg

theboysintheband
24-Jul-07, 15:07
Theres similar hats to that dressin' heads everywhere these days.

How much was raised anyway...or was it more of an awareness kinda thing?

Chobbersjnr
24-Jul-07, 16:10
Theres similar hats to that dressin' heads everywhere these days

similar but not the same

there's features on this particular hat that are very distinctive

The rim is turned up all the way round, some hats are flat on the front & turned up at the back (which is how I like them) & also the dent on the top is very very distinctive with a thick surround before the hat drops to the rim

does it have a makers name Jeemag/Clash???

Jeemag_USA
24-Jul-07, 20:01
similar but not the same

there's features on this particular hat that are very distinctive

The rim is turned up all the way round, some hats are flat on the front & turned up at the back (which is how I like them) & also the dent on the top is very very distinctive with a thick surround before the hat drops to the rim

does it have a makers name Jeemag/Clash???

not really, it has a small white tag, think it was made in China and is an L/XL

I'm getting him another one anyway, don't worry about it, what goes around comes around, just hope the person who stole it isn't wearing it while driving, they might crash :Razz

Jeid
24-Jul-07, 20:26
Nobody else would have one like this

http://file036a.bebo.com/11/large/2007/06/15/22/2055488899a4694047441l.jpg

I never said they would? I said it could've been picked up by mistake. Sometimes happens.

theweemidget
24-Jul-07, 23:11
the hat has turned up and will be returned to it's owner shortly. NOTE I don't have it i just saw the hat the person who got it back is reliable

golach
24-Jul-07, 23:18
the hat has turned up and will be returned to it's owner shortly. NOTE I don't have it i just saw the hat the person who got it back is reliable
Who pays the Park for the damage?

canuck
25-Jul-07, 00:35
Wow, a saga of a missing hat. It brings back fond memories of a missing lighter. Ah, the summer of 2006: now didn't we have a lot of fun?

Kev_Plastic_Food
25-Jul-07, 02:33
Wow, a saga of a missing hat. It brings back fond memories of a missing lighter. Ah, the summer of 2006: now didn't we have a lot of fun?

The story of the lighter is not yet done. It is hiding in the dark secret places of the world, slowly and quietly gathering its minions unto it. Until the day when it awakens, with a vaste horde of minions to bring light into the world.

Gleber2
25-Jul-07, 02:54
The story of the lighter is not yet done. It is hiding in the dark secret places of the world, slowly and quietly gathering its minions unto it. Until the day when it awakens, with a vaste horde of minions to bring light into the world.
Right on, brother.[evil]

Deemac
25-Jul-07, 12:27
*I suggest a new religion - All hail to the mighty HAT!!

The wearers of the hat should be treated with great respect or their anger will spread far and wide!! Great floods, pestilence (and apparently road accidents) will ensue . . . . . .:D

IF they are not kept happy and content.

I vote Chobbers as - head hat boiggie (leader of this strange and secretive sect!!!!!) - as he seems to know LOTS about HATS . . . . .

* All of the above donates humour.

Rampant Rabbit
25-Jul-07, 12:28
HE pays the park himself once his new hat comes perhaps they will supply a chin strap

Gleber2
25-Jul-07, 12:29
HE pays the park himself once his new hat comes perhaps they will supply a chin strap

Well, if that's your hatIchewed!!!!

Rampant Rabbit
25-Jul-07, 12:40
Well I Did Hear The Forecast Was Supposed To Be Howling Gales But I Thought It Was For During The Week And Not Through The W/end !!!

Kev_Plastic_Food
25-Jul-07, 14:02
Well, if that's your hatIchewed!!!!

Worst pun ever :)

Gleber2
25-Jul-07, 14:16
Worst pun ever :)
DeLIGHTed,I'm sure[evil].

appleskin
25-Jul-07, 14:55
that gig was to bring attention to and help caner sufferers not about aman who behaved like achild who lost his dummy his behaviour was appauling

clash67
25-Jul-07, 16:34
just ten minutes ago someone came to the door with my hat, the day is saved.
I have apoligised to the staff and asked the Park to bill me for any damage.
The hat turned up in a bar I had'nt even been in and was spotted by a friend who quickly secured it for me otherwise it would be highly unlikely I would have got it back..just like the previous two. still now to get a decent staple gun so next time I ware my hat I can staple it to ma heed.

davem
25-Jul-07, 17:10
Good stuff, glad to hear you're reunited.

theweemidget
25-Jul-07, 22:56
told you it would be returned glad it's returned to it's owner. I thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment that day good to see familiar faces again. Do you know the total of the money raised yet

Scunner
25-Jul-07, 23:30
[quote=clash67;246815]just ten minutes ago someone came to the door with my hat, the day is saved.

quote from Stolen Hat
' I totally regret losing my head.. '

Cant help but enquire, was your head that you lost, inside the hat?

appleskin
26-Jul-07, 11:38
[quote=theweemidget;247086]told you it would be returned glad it's returned to it's owner. I thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment that day good to see familiar faces again. Do you know the total of the money raised yet[/quote i think it was 500 pound

theweemidget
26-Jul-07, 12:58
that's good to hear that they raised £500

canuck
26-Jul-07, 20:53
I may have found the missing hat. Yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed a performance of "The Merchant of Venice" at Canada's Stratford. The setting was most modern, with many of the actors in suits. I am sure that the hat posted in this thread was on the head of one of the actors!

Or maybe it was just a pretender to the throne of the Chobbers Hat Empire.

KHanna
30-Jul-07, 14:43
Yes Mr Gael l did TELL you you are paying for the extinguisher, and other damage for that matter but l don't remember any apology to the staff who were subject to yiour behaviour ? [evil] And knowing the price of anything from the states at the moment l agree your hissy fit was totally out of order and spoilt what had been a good day for a good cause :(